• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kazzy

Now I want to rewatch Sora no Woto.

*pulls out DVDs*

The things we do!

Good question, I'm not even sure myself... Hell, I don't think I've got on PSN to accept your friend request yet.

---

Guys, short notice, but I'll be showing up for the simulview today! We still doing it at 8PM EST?

I'll try not to forget!

The sora no woto characters have those huge eyelash designs characteristic of K-On. Kannagi had much lighter weighted eye designs but definitely put a bit of meat on the characters, which I really appreciated. It was also a pretty looking show.

Ah, before my time, so I was never aware of this. Cajun dropping knowledge bombs!

The sora no woto characters have those huge eyelash designs characteristic of K-On. Kannagi had much lighter weighted eye designs but definitely put a bit of meat on the characters, which I really appreciated. It was also a pretty looking show.
Yeah, it's probably the eyes. And Kannagi seems to look more like K-ON! in it's production art and posters than it does in the actual anime.
And I really do like the chunkier nature of the characters in this kind of style. Makes them seem like they actually have volume compared to other shows.

Not really familiar with Kannagi. Is this something I should watch?

I haven't seen it either, but the plot overview sounds kinda like Squid Girl. I'm not sure if that's a good comparison or not though. It's a comedy in any rate.

OceanBlue

Ordet was created by ex-KyoAni staff who left with Yamamoto Yutaka, after all. It isn't surprising that Kannagi carries similar traits to other KyoAni shows. People who accused Kannagi of ripping off KyoAni's dance sequences don't realize that the Haruhi ending and the Lucky Star opening were choreographed by Yamamoto as well.

Also, I thought Kannagi was good. Definitely something you should give a try if you're interested.

Ordet was created by ex-KyoAni staff who left with Yamamoto Yutaka, after all. It isn't surprising that Kannagi carries similar traits to other KyoAni shows. People who accused Kannagi of ripping off KyoAni's dance sequences don't realize that the Haruhi ending and the Lucky Star opening were choreographed by Yamamoto as well.

Also, I thought Kannagi was good. Definitely something you should give a try if you're interested.
Well that would explain why it looks a lot like it.
Its a lighthearted harem comedy about a goddess with some pretty good production values.
Also it has a really fun opening theme that is extremely well animated.
You guys would probably enjoy it a lot actually.

Yeah, it's definitely something I'd like to watch.

cajunator

Banned
I think K-on fans would really love the art and animation and cuteness of it. Which is why I'm kind of baffled that you guys hadn't seen it.

I think K-on fans would really love the art and animation and cuteness of it. Which is why I'm kind of baffled that you guys hadn't seen it.

I have heard about it, and seen some things from it like art and a few clips from it. I just haven't sat down and seen the full show yet.
It's only kinda recently that I've got into watching a lot of anime.

Emitan

I don't really watch anime that often and only really got into it recently. Before last year it was basically just DBZ, Rurouni Kenshin, and NGE.

cajunator

Banned
I feel like such an old fart now.
I've been watching stuff since the 90's. RIght around 99-2000 is when I got seriously into it. that was twelve fuckin years ago >_

I've been watching stuff since the 90's. RIght around 99-2000 is when I got seriously into it. that was twelve fuckin years ago >_

Well I used to watch quite a bit back in the late 90s and early 00s because of Pokemon and shows that spawned around that, but I grew tired of the shounen shows like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach etc. and just kinda fell out of watching it. That's when I figured out what it was that I liked about those old shows. K-ON! is really what got me back into watching anime again.

Inuyahsa always looked stupid and I don't know what Ranma ½ is.

Inuyasha is kinda dumb yeah, it has it's merits though.

Ranma ½ is about a guy who when splashed with cold water turns into a girl. It's comedy martial arts kind of show. I just remember it because I had old video tapes of it when I was a kid. I don't remember where I got them. I seemed to have liked it at the time, not sure how it holds up now.

MikeMyers

I've actually been rewatching InuYasha, first time seeing it sine 2004. The show is better than I remember it being, surprisingly.

On a flip note, the InuYasha films are actually really good. Even my anime buds who hate the TV Show would recommend the films.

I was just checking out InuYasha on MAL for whatever reason, and it lists Kyoto Animation as one of it's producers. They must have helped out in with the animation, as I always thought it was a Sunrise show.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Same. ^^;

I was just checking out InuYasha on MAL for whatever reason, and it lists Kyoto Animation as one of it's producers. They must have helped out in with the animation, as I always thought it was a Sunrise show.

Kyoto Animation has been around for years as a supporting studio, only doing independant works starting with Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu. They assisted with InuYasha and did the majority of the animation for the movies IIRC.

cjkeats

I noticed that Kyoani/Inuyahsa thing when I looked at the list of everything Kyoani has done. I watched Inuyasha a bit back when it was on YTV late nights before I fell off the anime wagon. I have it all here to watch again, my ex got me the first few season dvds out of a bargin bin at a closing down Zellers a few years ago because she new I used to watch it. I've got the rest and will tackle it one of these days. It's a challenge after all these 13/24 episode shows.

Now you guys got me reminiscing the glory days of 90's anime, when all I knew was whatever was on YTV late night around Dragonball Z and Beast Wars. If i remember correct the first subtitled thing I watched was Eva, and the realization that there were so many of these cartoons that weren't here in english was mind blowing to me.

Madao

i've been wanting to do an inuyasha rewatch for a while but that comes after the sailor moon rewatch at the earliest.

one thing that most 90s long running shonen had as an advantage compared to the current ones is that they were mostly complete or near the end when they were brought over to other countries. you could see the end eventually and they weren't as long as what we have nowadays. when DBZ aired in my country, it was like 2-3 eps per week and that made the pacing pretty tolerable. when i learned that the show aired weekly in japan, i was like "how in the f*** they endured that long?"

now i can see how they managed. after almost 6 years of weekly naruto, one just gets used to it.

Kyoto Animation has been around for years as a supporting studio, only doing independant works starting with Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu. They assisted with InuYasha and did the majority of the animation for the movies IIRC.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I wish MAL would discern between the two.

I pretty much dabbled through the 90's but didn't seriously start getting into it until around 2001-2002. Started really buying a lot by 2004-2005.

Emitan

I'm almost done playing OoT for the first time!

BP0A4xE.png

Top Bottom