• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Hi everyone! Super busy today with some of my roomies friends. They're alright but I wish I could hang out with you guys. K-ON GAF is the bestest!

And I may be a poor Browns fan but Saints fans are cool too :)

And that is some super awesome work Zel!

Today I went to the Mall of America, mostly just for shits and giggles. But while I was there, I managed to find the last piece of my collection. Behold!
lbALGio.jpg

Look at it's completeness!
Now I can finally read the last volume! Now to wait on the college and highschool books to come out.

Today I went to the Mall of America, mostly just for shits and giggles. But while I was there, I managed to find the last piece of my collection. Behold!

Now I can finally read the last volume! Now to wait on the college and highschool books to come out.

Congrats on the pickup Chet! Can't wait for the rest to come out too.

cajunator

Banned

You live in Minneapolis?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hi everyone! Super busy today with some of my roomies friends. They're alright but I wish I could hang out with you guys. K-ON GAF is the bestest!

And I may be a poor Browns fan but Saints fans are cool too :)

And that is some super awesome work Zel!

Many thanks! :D I need to get even better though. *sings Pokemon song* I wanna be... the very best! ;P

Awesome! I love the manga! ^^;

Uraizen

Banned

Did you bring home the shark, too? Name him Walter if it's a boy or Azusa if it's a girl.

Ok the only option for now is my tablet camera.
So here's the drawing.
You got some real talent there. I love to see more out of you.
Got a brand new scanner/printer. HP Photosmart 6520. Windows 7 likes it! :D
Yeah, having a scanner really helps! You even inked it, unless you actually drew it all ink pen. Still you have the steady hand for the inking to look awesome.
Now we're talking about unfamiliar territory for me.
Unless you guys can recommend a software and teach me to use it.
I use Photoshop, there are other programs you can use too. I can help if you ever need it, but Idoubt I'm that great of a teacher...
I'm gonna call this one done... at least for now. ^^;

pixiv link.
Wow, that lighting is fantastic. I will echo others and say it does make it look a little creepy. Still love it either way.
It's hardly worth even getting teared up about. The ability to draw is something you are born with. You didn't luck out but it's not worth killing yourself over. Everyone's good at something after all.
I don't think that's right. My art looked like shit all through grade school, but I stuck with it. It's all about hard work and determination.
You live in Minneapolis?
A northern suburb of St. Paul actually, even if it is closer to Minneapolis. lol
MoA is south of the cities, so I don't go there very often at all.
There's a store which sells manga in the Mall of America?
Sure, it has Barnes & Noble. lol
No specific like "Manga store" or something. It just happened to have one in stock.
MoA does have 2 GameStops though. lol
i'm surprised the mio book wasn't at the top.
Well that's because I already had the first 3 volumes, today I just bought the final 4th Volume with Mugi on it. I just had the other volumes in the pick to show that I now have them all.

A northern suburb of St. Paul actually, even if it is closer to Minneapolis. lol
MoA is south of the cities, so I don't go there very often at all.

Is the MoA worth a special trip out your way to go too? I would probably time it to go see a Twins-Indians game. And too see Chet too, of course (if you wanted).

I don't think that's right. My art looked like shit all through grade school, but I stuck with it. It's all about hard work and determination.

You have to be born with a certain natural ability to even begin to draw at above a rudimentary level. There's more than enough scientific evidence to back this up, you don't need to argue with me about it. Most of the creative arts require some innate ability to progress beyond the basics, and it's a function of how your brain is "wired" so to speak.

The occurrence of unusually brilliant creative genius is not coincidentally associated with mental instability, in case you're wondering. And for the same reason.

Fuckin Chet, I watched Happy Boobs for you and you weren't even in the IRC when I reacted to it. I'm probably dropping it anyways.
Not my problem.
Is the MoA worth a special trip out your way to go too? I would probably time it to go see a Twins-Indians game. And too see Chet too, of course (if you wanted).

Maybe just to say that you've been there. It's basically a giant mall with an indoor aquarium and theme park. I wouldn't just take a trip to the Twin Cities just to go see it though.
And if you ever want to meet me there, I probably could if you want me to.

cajunator

Banned

I would go there all the time if I lived near it.
Looks so fucking awesome. I have to make do with our very pretty but tiny mall. Not even two stories.

You got some real talent there. I love to see more out of you.

Yeah, having a scanner really helps! You even inked it, unless you actually drew it all ink pen. Still you have the steady hand for the inking to look awesome.

I drew it lightly with mechanical pencil then inked in the details once I got it to look right. In particular the hands and face are the most important parts to get right, and also the most difficult. Pretty much nailed both of those which is why this looks good.
Also, if you look at the picture blown up very big, you can see my nervousness showing up in squiggly lines. at smaller resolutions its not so bad. Its kind of like most days at work, at the end everybody is so exhausted and dragging their feet out the door, and I dash out, run down the stairs and to my car because I have so much leftover energy, even after 12 hours. that energy manifests itself in my drawings.

You have to be born with a certain natural ability to even begin to draw at above a rudimentary level. There's more than enough scientific evidence to back this up, you don't need to argue with me about it. Most of the creative arts require some innate ability to progress beyond the basics, and it's a function of how your brain is "wired" so to speak.

The occurrence of unusually brilliant creative genius is not coincidentally associated with mental instability, in case you're wondering. And for the same reason.

Someone should make a movie about this conflict.

cajunator

Banned
I sort of agree that its just something you are able to do. Here is one of my first attempts at anime fanart drawing.
http://innotech.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2cr42
You can see it is already fairly well along, and consider that this was also the first time I attempted to draw a person instead of the cars and buildings that I used to exclusively draw. Once I got into anime, I wanted to draw it.
(and yes Innotech was my old screen name for years before I wanted a more "Louisiana flavor" to it lol)

That doesn't explain why my parents can't draw worth shit.
I would go there all the time if I lived near it.
Looks so fucking awesome. I have to make do with our very pretty but tiny mall. Not even two stories.
It's not one of those places I'd want to go to all the time just to shop. The traffic trying to get there is awful sometimes and it's hard to find a parking space. And a lot of the shops there you can probably find in any mall really. The only reason you should go there is like for Lego Land or the theme park or maybe the aquarium.
Then again, I don't live that close where going there to shop all the time would be feasible.
I drew it lightly with mechanical pencil then inked in the details once I got it to look right. In particular the hands and face are the most important parts to get right, and also the most difficult. Pretty much nailed both of those which is why this looks good.
Also, if you look at the picture blown up very big, you can see my nervousness showing up in squiggly lines. at smaller resolutions its not so bad. Its kind of like most days at work, at the end everybody is so exhausted and dragging their feet out the door, and I dash out, run down the stairs and to my car because I have so much leftover energy, even after 12 hours. that energy manifests itself in my drawings.
Yeah, I can see some little mistakes here and there, but the line quality is really good for someone who claims to be out of practice!

Uraizen

Banned

I'm glad to know that it's not because I'm lazy.

Pencil, then ink... holy shit how did I never think of this before. I've been living by the pencil for the longest time.

What kind of pen should I use?
Fountain pen or ballpoint... OR AN UNKNOWN CHALLENGER PEN?!

cajunator

Banned
Pencil, then ink... holy shit how did I never think of this before. I've been living by the pencil for the longest time.

What kind of pen should I use?
Fountain pen or ballpoint... OR AN UNKNOWN CHALLENGER PEN?!

usually any gel tipped or fabric pen can work alright. I use this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085K7D2K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Its Japanese so that makes it better!
Ok not really, but its a good inking pen. Plus it has a thicker marker tip on the back end.

Madao

i'm more of a hard work type since i have no real talents for anything.

my biggest problem is that i'm too lazy and usually stop when i feel i hit a wall at something i'm doing.

Found something that is potentially just as awesome, and in some ways even awesomer, than the last thing I found while surfing KyoAniShop:

K-ON!, K-ON!! and 映画K-ON! Official Cels Book!! (At least, that's what I've gathered from the Google Translate)

From the sample pictures, looks like just the kind of book I could use as reference points for the characters from the show. Gonna punch this through special order now! Hopefully the fact that it hasn't sold out is a good sign...

Also looks like Amazon's got the K-ON! Movie BD and DVD up. Little pricier than on Rightstuf, but I'd be paying more than Rightstuf lists for anyway with shipping so it balances out here.

Found something that is potentially just as awesome, and in some ways even awesomer, than the last thing I found while surfing KyoAniShop:

K-ON!, K-ON!! and 映画K-ON! Official Cels Book!! (At least, that's what I've gathered from the Google Translate)

From the sample pictures, looks like just the kind of book I could use as reference points for the characters from the show. Gonna punch this through special order now! Hopefully the fact that it hasn't sold out is a good sign...

Also looks like Amazon's got the K-ON! Movie BD and DVD up. Little pricier than on Rightstuf, but I'd be paying more than Rightstuf lists for anyway with shipping so it balances out here.

Yeah it looks like a concept art book. I'd love to get my hands on it.

OceanBlue

I heard the KyoAni shop doesn't accept credit cards or something. Whatever the reason is, people have a hard time importing from it.

Uraizen

Banned

Yeah, I was about to say that shipping probably balances out the pricing. I'll pre-order it right now from amazon; I would rather get it from them since I'm a prime member.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I heard the KyoAni shop doesn't accept credit cards or something. Whatever the reason is, people have a hard time importing from it.

Not surprising. Japan is a very cash/coin oriented country so unless something is a chain there's no guarantee they'll accept a credit card.

Uraizen

Banned
So, umm... since the Super Bowl is today, does that mean nobody is going to show up for the K-On! simulview? I still want to do it, but I don't know how many other people will be there with me.

So, umm... since the Super Bowl is today, does that mean nobody is going to show up for the K-On! simulview? I still want to do it, but I don't know how many other people will be there with me.
I don't have any plans, but I never know what might pop up tomorrow. I'll let you know later.
I know, I usually take my time to savor my first watches. Especially series with fewer episodes. I'm just missing out on so much, trying to avoid too many picture spoilers. Still I love them all xD

I know how that is.

Top Bottom