• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

cajunator

Banned
I stopped at episode 8 of S2 because frankly, more of that would have killed me with hnnngh.
Im about to finish Sailor moon S1, so after that I will try and watch a few K-On episodes before I get a bit of sleep.
Wont be around tonight obviously because I will be watching the Super bowl. But yall have fun!

I stopped at episode 8 of S2 because frankly, more of that would have killed me with hnnngh.
Im about to finish Sailor moon S1, so after that I will try and watch a few K-On episodes before I get a bit of sleep.
Wont be around tonight obviously because I will be watching the Super bowl. But yall have fun!

Who ya got in the game tomorrow?

Ending of S1 is so good. Love the Beryl fight.

cajunator

Banned
My man :D I just can't stand the damn Ravens. Even though my favorite color is purple. Oh well, at least I have the Vikings for that.

Well naturally, since they are your division rivals. Its like me refusing to root for the Falcons or Panthers. Cant do it. wont do it.

Searching super bowl "mio akiyama" gives you pretty lewd results. I just thought I'd share that.
Not as many pictures of rice bowls as I thought there would be...

cajunator

Banned
Depends on who you ask ;)

Yay, I feel speciail, you remember what team I like. xD You should draw one of the girls in a Browns something sometime. Just saying. ;)

I like Browns fans. Yall are cool.
Stupid Steelers fans are always making fun of you but they are just spoiled.

Searching super bowl "mio akiyama" gives you pretty lewd results. I just thought I'd share that.
Not as many pictures of rice bowls as I thought there would be...

That's hilarious

Should I look?

I like Browns fans. Yall are cool.
Stupid Steelers fans are always making fun of you but they are just spoiled.

What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment. Just tells you the sort of mind bending loyalty I have to my guys. If/when they ever take one, it'll be worth all of their titles.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
that sounds like the initial theme in Naruto where it was hard work vs natural talent for a bit.

too bad that natural ability won there and anyone without a superpower is fodder now.

It's a lesson about life itself.

This sounds like a valuable life lesson that everyone should be taught.

Okay, there's something I'd like to clear up, and I'm going to do so by uploading some embarrassing scans I keep on my computer to remind me of this. Art can be learned, but it takes years of dedication if you're not naturally talented. I am not "naturally" talented. I went to a school of which I'm still paying loans off, and even then I'm leagues better than when I graduated because I just kept at for for the last.... goddamn it'll be 10 years now in May. o_O

These are drawings I did. In high school. How I ever thought I could be an artist at the time is beyond me (never mind why my parents thought it was worth helping me go), but here they are.

old_art_02_zps9693ff59.jpg
old_art_03_zpsaeb700e9.jpg
old_art_04_zpsf7384bf4.jpg

Hell, even after going to art school for a year or so, it wasn't that much better...

I graduated art school in 2003. After graduating I kept working, kept pushing myself to get better. I drew. I cried. I drew again. I cried when it got ripped to shreads for being "shit" and "how the fuck did you graduate art school?!" comments online, etc. Years of tears and depression, thoughts of having wasted all those years, crying myself to sleep. It's taken 10 years, and I fear I have many more years ahead of me that I need to improve. But I will keep going. Because I HAVE made strides. I can see them.

From here:

To here a few years later:

And now last year:

Kazzy

that sounds like the initial theme in Naruto where it was hard work vs natural talent for a bit.

too bad that natural ability won there and anyone without a superpower is fodder now.

The Shounen curse.

And Hyouka broachs this subject too,
though it's pretty damn heartbreaking.

Poor Mayaka.

I <3 my Dreamcast! Still my favorite system ever! :D

It's tough for me between the Saturn and Dreamcast.

Saturn gave us the best Bomberman game ever created, beautiful 4 meg RAM games like X-Men and Marvel vs Street Fighter. Other great titles like, Radiant Silvergun, Magic Knight Rayearth, and the legend himself, Segata Sanshiro.

Dreamcast gave us Power Stone, Skies of Arcadia, Space Channel 5, Phantasy Star Online, Typing of the Dead, and who of course could forget, Seaman.

I miss Sega. :(

l59mRit.jpg

and how about that. xD

That's hilarious

Should I look?
If you're at home sure. And your avatar is no longer a Keion! You should fix that.
I know it's shown Yui looking at Manga in her room. Do they ever mention any shows they like?
No. Mangas are far more prevalent in Japan due to their considerably lower price of entry compared to the ridiculous prices of anime. And from what I've gathered, reading manga isn't considered as much of a nerd thing as much as anime is. I mean, take a look at Genshiken, where the one non-otaku character is seen sometimes reading manga, but will have nothing to do with anime or video games.
Okay, there's something I'd like to clear up, and I'm going to do so by uploading some embarrassing scans I keep on my computer to remind me of this. Art can be learned, but it takes years of dedication if you're not naturally talented. I am not "naturally" talented. I went to a school of which I'm still paying loans off, and even then I'm leagues better than when I graduated because I just kept at for for the last.... goddamn it'll be 10 years now in May. o_O

These are drawings I did. In high school. How I ever thought I could be an artist at the time is beyond me (never mind why my parents thought it was worth helping me go), but here they are.

Hell, even after going to art school for a year or so, it wasn't that much better...

I graduated art school in 2003. After graduating I kept working, kept pushing myself to get better. I drew. I cried. I drew again. I cried when it got ripped to shreads for being "shit" and "how the fuck did you graduate art school?!" comments online, etc. Years of tears and depression, thoughts of having wasted all those years, crying myself to sleep. It's taken 10 years, and I fear I have many more years ahead of me that I need to improve. But I will keep going. Because I HAVE made strides. I can see them.

From here:

To here a few years later:

And now last year:
Exactly my point. If you never try for it, you will never succeed.
I miss Sega. :(

l59mRit.jpg

and how about that. xD
Sega is dead to me until they make a new K-ON!! game.

cajunator

Banned
Did yall see the link I posted with my old stuff?
You have to start somewhere. although in high school I was still mainly drawing cars and houses. I took the knowledge/skill from that and adapted it to people/anime.
you can see in my earlier stuff they had a bit of derpface and some gangly looking appendages.

You have to start somewhere. although in high school I was still mainly drawing cars and houses. I took the knowledge/skill from that and adapted it to people/anime.
you can see in my earlier stuff they had a bit of derpface and some gangly looking appendages.

Ahaha, you should see some of the stuff I've attempted. About the only stuff that isn't terminally bad is stuff I've pretty much copied exactly. And even that's bad :p
I need to be able to produce rough sketches by the time I finish my training, but machine parts aint too hard.

cajunator

Banned
Ahaha, you should see some of the stuff I've attempted. About the only stuff that isn't terminally bad is stuff I've pretty much copied exactly. And even that's bad :p
I need to be able to produce rough sketches by the time I finish my training, but machine parts aint too hard.

I actually started out by copying exact fanart. not tracing, freehanding, but still copying line for line. Lets you get a feel for why things were drawn the way they were, and how body partsl ine up and the way things should look. There is no shame in copying something to learn from it.

I guess I'll throw out some shit I've done to illustrate my point.
Here's something I drew back in 2008.
Here's basically the same drawing, but done a little more than a year later.
You work hard at it, you get better. If you don't try hard to improve yourself, you won't get anywhere. This doesn't just cover drawing either, this also applies to writing, playing video games, riding a bike, etc.

I kinda want to draw that over again just to see how much better I could do it now.
Well, looks like I have some apologizing to do.

JKglq.gif

cajunator

Banned
You work hard at it, you get better. If you don't try hard to improve yourself, you won't get anywhere. This doesn't just cover drawing either, this also applies to writing, playing video games, riding a bike, etc.

I kinda want to draw that over again just to see how much better I could do it now.

JKglq.gif
Where on earth did you find the time to color that?
Must have taken hours.
Also Ritsu is cute as fuck and the best K-on.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Nicely done, esp. the 2nd one! 2nd one has a slightly better balance that adds a lot! ^_^

Where on earth did you find the time to color that?
Must have taken hours.
Also Ritsu is cute as fuck and the best K-on.

It was summer time then, and I just worked on it whenever I could. I never really keep track of the time I spend specifically working on it, but seeing as the picture I finished before it was submitted in May and the Brawl one was submitted in August, yeah, it took a while. Which reminds me I haven't really tackled a big drawing like that since 2011. Maybe I will again in the future.

Kazzy

I'm drawing a secret picture...for myself. It's so secret that I don't know if I've actually started it yet.
I haven't.

I really can't complain about my drawing ability, because I never work on it. I was encouraged during primary school, because I did show some aptitude for it. Though my time spent drawing fell off a cliff by secondary high-school. A shame, really.

Nicely done, esp. the 2nd one! 2nd one has a slightly better balance that adds a lot! ^_^
Yes, not to mention it's completely drawn better in every possible way.
I need to get better at drawing. I'm drawing a secret picture for someone :eek:
Is it so secretive that you will never show me?
I'm drawing a secret picture...for myself. It's so secret that I don't know if I've actually started it yet.
I haven't.

I really can't complain about my drawing ability, because I never work on it. I was encouraged during primary school, because I did show some aptitude for it. Though my time spent drawing fell off a cliff by the time I hit secondary high-school. A shame, really.

You should show me anyways!
You can always get back into it. I loved seeing the little things you drew a few months ago. I'd love to see more out of you.

cajunator

Banned
I haven't.

I really can't complain about my drawing ability, because I never work on it. I was encouraged during primary school, because I did show some aptitude for it. Though my time spent drawing fell off a cliff by secondary high-school. A shame, really.

Ive really fallen off lately.
I drew maybe one in 2009, then another in 2011 and about one per year since then. I really need to practice more.

Top Bottom