• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Time for TB's thoughts of K-ON! Episode 5!

NMmihmL.png

It was so good! A lot happened. We saw poor Mio freaking out from a teeny bit of blood. Loved Sawako-sensei. Glad her character finally got some more exposure. She's gorgeous *__*

Her story was touching, although kind of funny when he told her she went "Too far" at the end. xD

Loved seeing Ritsu using the power of blackmail, it was so Ricchan. lol Also a cool shot with a band-aid on her head this time instead of the usual bump!

Another awesome scene when Mio was too embarassed to sing, and Yui was trying to hint she'd love to sing, but Ricchan kept going back to Mugi-chan xD

So! We all knew it would come back to our lovely Mio-chan. Only three days until the festival, ack! and boy does she look confident.

Overall I'd have to give this episode 4 out of 5 Ricchans!

kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg

No I missed it by two weeks :( Had to go when I could though...

Really? Over our Ricchan? We'll see. Although I loved Sawa-chan. She was quite the hottie with the red hair in the photo. Looking forward to more of her, for sure.

I was only talking about who consistently delivers laughs. If you want to talk about who the best overall character is, of course it's Azunyan. Though you're not at the point where she joins the cast yet.

I was only talking about who consistently delivers laughs. If you want to talk about who the best overall character is, of course it's Azunyan. Though you're not at the point where she joins the cast yet.

Everyone always neglects Jun :(( Though if Megumi had a more prominent role, she'd definitely be the best character.

2 Side characters > Yui > Ritsu > The rest.

Please don't hunt me down and kill me in my sleep

I have almost 20K in debt, I hate all of you!

I've got stories I could tell...but suffice to say I still have a rather large amount of debt. I'm in better shape now than I was a few years ago, but the few years between graduating college and getting the job I have now were rough. My own stupidity didn't help anything.

cajunator

Banned
In terms of college, I'm a failure. Definitely will never reach the heights you guys will, although I don't have debt from it.
Yall will end up making way more than I ever will so keep working at it.

cjkeats

That seller seems awesome. Only time I ever got a handwritten note was from my Persona 3 Gekkoukan High School button off Etsy.

I'd buy something off this dude just for the note (and the junk food).

I love the maid Mio.

EDIT: what kind of Kit-kat is that? Swery brought Giant Bomb green tea Kit-kats and I've been endlessly amazed by the different flavours of kit-kats out there ever since.

That seller seems awesome. Only time I ever got a handwritten note was from my Persona 3 Gekkoukan High School button off Etsy.

I'd buy something off this dude just for the note (and the junk food).

I love the maid Mio.

EDIT: what kind of Kit-kat is that? Swery brought Giant Bomb green tea Kit-kats and I've been endlessly amazed by the different flavours of kit-kats out there ever since.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome to get all this other stuff. Wasn't expecting a hand written letter either.
Petits don't come with a bunch of customizable parts like the full sized Nendoriods do, but you can still take them apart just like any other Nendoroids, so I can switch them up a little if I wanted to.
And I have no idea what flavor the Kit-Kat is. It's all in moon runes.

Uraizen

Banned

Have I told you how much I love your avatar?

I've been paying off my school debt for nearly 10 years now. I know the feel. *hugs*

You and I... we can be friends.

In terms of college, I'm a failure. Definitely will never reach the heights you guys will, although I don't have debt from it.
Yall will end up making way more than I ever will so keep working at it.

As long as you're happy with your life, I wouldn't call you a failure. That would be more than I can say for myself. I'm getting a degree this year for a profession I have slowly grown to hate, yay!

Kazzy

I've been paying off my school debt for nearly 10 years now. I know the feel. *hugs*

You and I... we can be friends.

Education is overrated.

I now own all the Mio Nendoroids!

And if you are wondering, no, none of them have her ricebowl. She's gotta wear something else once in a while too I guess...
They also came with a bunch of other stuff, and I have more pics of them here, as well as older shots of other figures here.

Capitalism, Ho!

that letter is awesome, almost every time i've bought something from a seller in Japan/Singapore its come with one or a combo of beautiful packaging/free gifts/personalized letter. if only the ebay sellers in UK that i usually come into contact with were half as classy :/

Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I opened the box. Even the bag that the Nendoroids were in had a nice ribbon on it. I should definitely write back to him and tell him my thanks.

I meant more of a Mean Girls-type vibe. Mugi would be the hot cheerleader who picks on nerd Mio.

Yozora is just a terrible human being.

Ah, I was thinking more on the lines of the "I'm rich and popular, and I know it," kind of girl. Either way, K-ON! would have been a lot different.

Madao

in that scene in the movie when mugi goes to tell the guys getting the stage ready to get her a keyboard in the sushi restaurant, she stomps the floor in a way that gave vibes of that.
we never saw how she was before she met the group so maybe she was like that and changed because she wasn't getting many friends.

in a completely different note, watching a lot of Sailor Moon made me realize that the girls here look younger than what they appear in comparison. it could be amplified by the fact that, in SM, all the girls look older than what they are actually (if the ages were switched between both sets of girls, they would make more sense lol)

in that scene in the movie when mugi goes to tell the guys getting the stage ready to get her a keyboard in the sushi restaurant, she stomps the floor in a way that gave vibes of that.
we never saw how she was before she met the group so maybe she was like that and changed because she wasn't getting many friends.
There's a scene in the manga where you can hear Mugi yelling at her butler over the phone. Also when Yui goes to fix up her guitar at the shop, Mugi gives a very angry glare at the clerk in order to get the fix for free.
in a completely different note, watching a lot of Sailor Moon made me realize that the girls here look younger than what they appear in comparison. it could be amplified by the fact that, in SM, all the girls look older than what they are actually (if the ages were switched between both sets of girls, they would make more sense lol)
It's just the styles I guess. Though I really do think they made the girls in Sailor Moon look way too old. While the characters in Precure look way too young.
The K-ON! characters have the proportions of adults, so I think they're good.

Emitan

There's a scene in the manga where you can hear Mugi yelling at her butler over the phone. Also when Yui goes to fix up her guitar at the shop, Mugi gives a very angry glare at the clerk in order to get the fix for free.

It's just the styles I guess. Though I really do think they made the girls in Sailor Moon look way too old. While the characters in Precure look way too young.
The K-ON! characters have the proportions of adults, so I think they're good.
Paging Jeremy Parish

Uraizen

Banned

I swear, she is a completely different character in the manga.

I swear, she is a completely different character in the manga.
She's also the most unrealistic character in the manga too. I completely understand why she was changed in the anime.
It made me sad because I like the guy but he obviously knows nothing about the series.
I feel he just generalized about all otaku pandering anime and named dropped K-ON! because it's really popular.

Top Bottom