• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Oh Ritsu. why are you so perfect?

This. I love her so much.

Xmxc503.gif

*swoons*

So today I picked up Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3), 999 (DS) and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3...but on the 360 :/. I had a buy 2 get 1 free coupon at Gamestop so the latter was a placeholder, and I'll be exchanging it tomorrow for the PS3 version.

I also set up a few more of my K-ON figures:

figma Mio was missing her bass strap ;_;. Oh well.

Madao

Sugimori with the interesting comments heh.

someone be a guinea pig and try the socks please :p

i almost never use socks since my feet sweat easily and stink easily.

So today I picked up Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)

Cool, I'll eventually have to get this I guess, just pissed Lee's not in it.

So today I picked up 999 (DS)
Yay!!! You awesome person, you. Snake's my favorite, and was also my first avatar on GAF.
irvbh3L.gif
Enjoy the ride, be careful of spoilers, and either revive the 999 normal topic, or ask in the VLR community thread if you get stuck. I also remember a bit, so feel free to ask me too.

So today I picked up Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Hooray!

but on the 360 :/

D'oh!

lol. That's cool you can exchange it at least. We can do a lobby with Ura, you and I sometime, will be fun!

Good thing he isn't.

Of course, anyone else here is welcome to Join us. You have a PS3, don't you, Chet?

I also set up a few more of my K-ON figures:

D731kBD.jpg

figma Mio was missing her bass strap ;_;. Oh well.

Is...that Ui in the back? *__* She's so cute!

Also, where's Ritsu? ;___; I'd love to get some PVC's now. I dunno which ones to get though, just whichever ones look nicer?

This is adorable ^^

kfwHaGq.jpg

Of course, anyone else here is welcome to Join us. You have a PS3, don't you, Chet?
Yes, but I haven't set up a PSN account yet. Don't really have any games that I'd really need one for anyways...

Is...that Ui in the back? *__* She's so cute!

Also, where's Ritsu? ;___; I'd love to get some PVC's now. I dunno which ones to get though, just whichever ones look nicer?

This is adorable ^^

kfwHaGq.jpg

Just be warned, the nicer they look, the more expensive they likely are. That reminds me though, I'd love to have the beach queens Mio figure.

Yes, but I haven't set up a PSN account yet. Don't really have any games that I'd really need one for anyways...

So this means you get games that requires it! We can be K-on Gaf on PSN ;) Between Tekken, Street Fighter, Marvel and Persona, sure you'd like one of those fighters.

Oh and Castlevania HoD, Scott Pilgrim, Moon Diver are all cool anime-esque co-op games online we could play.

Just be warned, the nicer they look, the more expensive they likely are. That reminds me though, I'd love to have the beach queens Mio figure.

Yes, eBay watching told me this. Is there a better place to order this other than eBay that you guys know about? I want them all, but probably Ritsu, Mio, Ui in that order first.

Yes, eBay watching told me this. Is there a better place to order this other than eBay that you guys know about? I want them all, but probably Ritsu, Mio, Ui in that order first.

Do you mean specifically the swim suit figures, or just in general?
As far as eBay goes, you just have to watch out for bootlegs. Just check if they're not too cheap compared to other sellers, and if the seller is known for selling real or fake merch before. Probably helps if they have an actual picture of the figure, rather than the promotional photos.
You can find some of them on Amazon, but they're usually not the cheapest place to find them. There's AmiAmi, but unless the figure is really new, it most likely won't have them in stock. If it's an older figure, I usually check out Plamoya. Their shipping costs are usually pretty high, but the prices usually add up to be comparable to anywhere else, sometimes even cheaper.

cjkeats

Don't forget, JPN PSN account allows you the use of K-ON! avatars!
Evangelion too.

I have an account on that side too, join me!

You can't use those avatars on another account can you? I have a NA and JP account, but the JP account is just for demos, I'm not gonna buy an avatar I can;t use, but the k-on ones are adorable.

Do you mean specifically the swim suit figures, or just in general?
As far as eBay goes, you just have to watch out for bootlegs. Just check if they're not too cheap compared to other sellers, and if the seller is known for selling real or fake merch before. Probably helps if they have an actual picture of the figure, rather than the promotional photos.
You can find some of them on Amazon, but they're usually not the cheapest place to find them. There's AmiAmi, but unless the figure is really new, it most likely won't have them in stock. If it's an older figure, I usually check out Plamoya. Their shipping costs are usually pretty high, but the prices usually add up to be comparable to anywhere else, sometimes even cheaper.

Thanks for the info :) I meant figures in general. The swimsuit Ritsu had the cutest Ritsu face to me, which is why I posted it. I've never collected PVC's before, so it'd be fun to start. Before I buy anything I'll run it by you first to confirm for me xD

I just got RAGE on PS3 and it's the best looking game I've ever seen. I can't believe it's a console game.

Yep, it looks great, but the consensus is it's pretty limited otherwise, not a good leveling system, and repetitious enemies. It's still enjoyable though.

Don't forget, JPN PSN account allows you the use of K-ON! avatars!
Evangelion too.

I have an account on that side too, join me!

Yep, but remember, you can only use the PSN store there, so if you have US games, you cannot use or purchase US DLC with that account. My main account is my US one, I have a Japanese account I started using for my Idolm@ster game. Do you know a good place to buy JPN PSN cards, Kazuma, where they won't gouge us terribly? xD I'd totally buy some K-ON avs, and some Idol DLC.

Because 5 years of trophies and 7 years of friends aren't worth losing for an account where I can barely find my way around the store.

Said very well!

I abandoned my UK account for the potential of US savings. I was lied to...

So true, with the exception of Europe PSN Plus which thus far has been vastly superior to US PSN.

You can, it's just that downloadable content is tied in some cases. Games and demos can be used across multiple accounts on the same machines, though avatars can't. DLC is region specific too.
Wouldn't it be weird if you could buy DLC for games not even out in that region. It makes sense.
Because 5 years of trophies and 7 years of friends aren't worth losing for an account where I can barely find my way around the store.

Pfft trophies.

Thanks for the info :) I meant figures in general. The swimsuit Ritsu had the cutest Ritsu face to me, which is why I posted it. I've never collected PVC's before, so it'd be fun to start. Before I buy anything I'll run it by you first to confirm for me xD

I think that Ritsu is the cheapest here at Plamoya. And if you come by a seller you're not really sure on, I could probably help you out to figure if they're legitimate or not.

Top Bottom