• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kazzy

Have you seen that doujin short by Hisasi? The one where the girl next door wears tiny denim shorts that are basically like panties. It's incredible. It's also available in English at you- know-where.

Anyways, Mio! I made sure to include her staple K701 headphones as well!

The headphones is the detail I like most of all. I usually don't comment all that much on the art that gets posted in here, because, well, I just can't offer much in the way of constructive criticism. I can say that I really like this, though.

I'm glad that you and Chet decided to do this, because we got some great stuff out of it. Kudos to you both.

Uraizen

Banned
Have you seen that doujin short by Hisasi? The one where the girl next door wears tiny denim shorts that are basically like panties. It's incredible. It's also available in English at you- know-where.

Do ... do I see some boob sweat?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Her boobs look weird.

Hmmmm. Maybe I should redraw it. I was looking at some Inuzuma art and I like the way he draws girls in bikinis with large breasts. They sort of take on this torpedo-like shape because they are being lifted up by a tight fitting bikini top. But maybe I didn't do it right.

cajunator

Banned
Hmmmm. Maybe I should redraw it. I was looking at some Inuzuma art and I like the way he draws girls in bikinis with large breasts. They sort of take on this torpedo-like shape because they are being lifted up by a tight fitting bikini top. But maybe I didn't do it right.

possibly. I would adjust them to be a bit more rounded on top and possibly go down lower a bit to make them look really full. This kind of discussion is interesting lol.

Oh by the way someone mentioned CHris Hart in the anime thread and his how to draw manga books are AWFUL.

Ultimadrago

I can see the Inazuma inspiration now that you brought it up, but their style is more exaggerated than what you've made still. Inazuma's work would inevitably look odd to some people because of how he draw body parts (general reactions from High School of the Dead breasts, anyone?). The way you implemented it is enough to where it's not completely aping Inazuma (which would look "weird" with your style), but has an attractive elongated shape. It is a different or non-traditional style choice, which is why I could see it elicit some confusion on second thought. Nonetheless, I find it a darn decent balance that works with the whole figure.

Of course, it's not my commission and Chet is final judge.

Yes, so excellent! So delicious!
Ii6CLGB.jpg

The whole thing's on Crunchyroll too.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/gdgd-fairies

It's really one of those "surreal humor" shows that makes absolutely no sense; I just find the attention to detail in the endcard/next episode preview parodies hilarious. They literally mimic everything from the art style, to the speaking patterns, all the way down to using music that sounds just like the originals. They've mocked everything from Nisemonogatari to Madoka to Gurren Lagann.
Interesting. The yellow haired one doesn't seem to Ritsu like, but I'm only guessing based on looks here.
Why are you all so good at art? :(
Probably that I kept on drawing well after kindergarten.
No, just forgetful.
Uhuh, suuuuuuure.
Woah, both that Azu-Tan and Mio are amazing, guys. I always look forward to seeing what you guys have drawn :)
It was fun!
The headphones is the detail I like most of all. I usually don't comment all that much on the art that gets posted in here, because, well, I just can't offer much in the way of constructive criticism. I can say that I really like this, though.
Yeah, those headphones are so cool looking. I also recognize her swimsuit from this one official art piece. I like little touches like that.
I'm glad that you and Chet decided to do this, because we got some great stuff out of it. Kudos to you both.
I got Extollere to draw Mio, so it was well worth it. Drawing Azusa was a plus.
Do ... do I see some boob sweat?
The best kind of sweat!
now we know where the boob size of the other girls went.
Mio is a boob thief?!?
Yeah, they look like what boobs would look like when confined in a tight top.
possibly. I would adjust them to be a bit more rounded on top and possibly go down lower a bit to make them look really full. This kind of discussion is interesting lol.

Maybe he should just draw them bigger. Oh hohoho~
Of course, it's not my commission and Chet is final judge.
I say it's good, but maybe someone else with higher knowledge of such things would like to have a say or something...

Hmm, just watched all of Kannagi over the past day or so. I enjoyed it quite a lot. I always feel slightly down when there's no more episodes of a show left to watch though :(((
Sleepy time now.

cajunator

Banned
Hmm, just watched all of Kannagi over the past day or so. I enjoyed it quite a lot. I always feel slightly down when there's no more episodes of a show left to watch though :(((
Sleepy time now.

nice.
Its a really well made harem show. silly but not trashy like some.
Plus it has va's like mizukichi and hanazawa. Its wonderful.

MikeMyers

I've played through X so many times, but never beat it. lol
I have no idea why either...

X is awesome, but I imagine it would be outdated if I played it now, so hopefully its a remake and not a PS2 port.

X-2 I never played, but I heard its got Sailor Moon transformations in it!

Madao

*gets judge costume*

it's judging time!

well, from the looks of it, the boobs look rather good but they seem a bit too big when looked at a certain way. you got to have a certain balance for these kind of things and too much or too little can throw off the observer. also, it seems like the gravity has had an effect on them.

*puts judge costume away*

i wonder what would get you guys competing with Ritsu or Mugi drawings.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Mio has been upgraded. I changed the shape and size of her breasts, and thought really hard about how to make them more lustful for Chet and everyone else. Please accept her.

For reference sake, you can use the links below to compare the (now embarrassing) original to the edited version:
Original
Edited

How about...
somebody who has personally studied them thoroughly?
Not good enough.
I'd ask my present company, but she's more of a Ritsu, if you know what I mean.
Yeah, Ritsu wouldn't know.
X is awesome, but I imagine it would be outdated if I played it now, so hopefully its a remake and not a PS2 port.

X-2 I never played, but I heard its got Sailor Moon transformations in it!
I think the battle system holds up still.
*glances at chest*

;~;
Maybe some day you will!
i wonder what would get you guys competing with Ritsu or Mugi drawings.
Get Uraizen and Kazzy to swap art with each other. Uraizen will draw Mugi and Kazzy will draw Ritsu.
Mio has been upgraded. I changed the shape and size of her breasts, and thought really hard about how to make them more lustful for Chet and everyone else. Please accept her.

For reference sake, you can use the links below to compare the (now embarrassing) original to the edited version:
Original
Edited
Oh man, this is even better! I think I know what cajunator was trying to get at. Before they were right but somewhat formless. Here they have that youthful firmness that more fits Mio. Makes them appear bigger too.
Now lets see if I can spot all the differences.
  1. Boobs redrawn perkier
  2. Black outlines thinned out
  3. Skin lightened
  4. Skin shading made less red, or more yellow
  5. Left foot flip flops perspective fix
  6. Color of flip flops lightened
  7. Stripes on her bikini bottom widened
  8. Eyes and eyelashes lightened
  9. Eyelashes slightly altered
  10. Other side of headphones now visible
  11. One hair changed angle
  12. Line on her neck unceremoniously removed
I think that's it.

Madao

heh that looks nice. almost makes me want to change waifus.

almost

the way she is grabbing the bikini's strap...

cajunator

Banned
Hey, Caj, my net is
supposedly
fixed now. Hit me up in the IRC whenever you want to play AH3 again! I'll play as whoever you want me to like last time. <3

awesome.
only it wont be until next tuesday before I can play.
I work all night every night until then.

Minna-san,
like Vergil
I have returned! I've missed you all terribly! I miss your adorable avatar, Ura
image.php

but I like the new one!

Oh, oh, I'm a regular Member now! Yay! I suppose that calls for Cake and Tea?

Also in celebration of this, here is my Episode 9 Review and Thoughts! <3 Chet

It's time for Azusa to join our girls! Membership form and all. My initial impressions on here were pretty positive. I like her drive and her want to get better all the time. Right out of the gate Azusa performs, which left our girls pretty speechless with her solo performance. Made me chuckle quite a bit what they showed when she played.

Sawa-chan meets Azu, and I loved her first thoughts "Cat ears would work well on her" Thinking their laid back demeanor is a test, Azu plays a cord only to get blown up upon. Thankfully our Ricchan lays into her for such a distasteful act. This sets Azu off, she certainly has spice to her as well. It's a contrast to the other girls, but I feel it works well. It was cute how Yui was able to calm her down, leading into Azu's thoughts of the night before.

Next day back in the music room, Here come the Nyan ears!

Too cute. Of course it gets more serious now. Azusa looks to Mio with her questions, if she wants to start another band. There is doubt in her mind and you can't blame her. I did like Mio speaking up for her too. We love the other girls, but it was just too much at once. So the next day in the music room, we actually get practice! I loved Yui's excuses for wanting Azu to go first, "Ow, my back! haha" She even starts to teach Yui :)

Azu-nyan has one more downward spiral with her flashback, and then the next day the girls don't even know if she'll return. She lets her feelings known that she might have made a mistake, but something's drawn her back. What could it be? With one more performance, she knows why. They just have "it" and I love it as well. Poor Yui and Ricchan though, all that practice wears a girl out.

This was a nice change of pace episode, still filled with adorable scenes, comedy but with a touching other side. It wasn't my favorite episode, but it was a good solid episode. That's why I'm awarding it 4 out of 5 Ricchans!

kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg

Just like Azu-nyan, I'm happy to be back! <3

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Original
Edited

Love the upgrade! :D The boobs look much more natural. ^_^

Minna-san,
like Vergil
I have returned! I've missed you all terribly! I miss your adorable avatar, Ura
image.php

but I like the new one!

Oh, oh, I'm a regular Member now! Yay! I suppose that calls for Cake and Tea?

Also in celebration of this, here is my Episode 9 Review and Thoughts! <3 Chet

This was a nice change of pace episode, still filled with adorable scenes, comedy but with a touching other side. It wasn't my favorite episode, but it was a good solid episode. That's why I'm awarding it 4 out of 5 Ricchans!

kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg

Just like Azu-nyan, I'm happy to be back! <3
Yay! It took a while, but it's finally here!
Now you know there's more to K-ON! than just sun shine and rainbows! I like to see you like Azusa.
You're going to watch the next episode when?
woo. the bats is back with many upgrades at once. reminds me of Goku after training.

*serves snacks and tea*

LOL, it's like I was in the hyperbolic chamber, or one of those Saiyan rejuvenation pods like Goku was in Namek.

Also yay, Snacks and Tea ;3

fy98FcV.jpg

cjkeats

^ With that post, we just hit 18,000 post. Woo.

K-on can literally be mashed up with anything can't it? I'm gonna start testing this every time I start a new series. That also made me realize, I've started more than a couple series because I've seen k-on mixed into them.

Yay! It took a while, but it's finally here!
Now you know there's more to K-ON! than just sun shine and rainbows! I like to see you like Azusa.
You're going to watch the next episode when?

fy98FcV.jpg

Yeah, I liked her more than I thought I would. Now that I'm on a lighter work schedule and with Full member status now, you'll see me posting a lot more on here now. I'll watch episode 10 very soon, it won't be very long at all. :)

Also, that picture is awesome. lol.

K-on can literally be mashed up with anything can't it? I'm gonna start testing this every time I start a new series. That also made me realize, I've started more than a couple series because I've seen k-on mixed into them.

So that would make it over 9,000 then? Har Har. Awesome scouter pic. ha.

Just to throw a random fact out there, that means more than half of the posts in this thread have come since mid November.
I was thinking about that too. It's probably a combination of they don't come from any crazy mythos or setting that needs any world building, and that they have an easy explanation as to why the girls would be dressed up in crazy or fanservicey costumes and outfits.
Yeah, I liked her more than I thought I would. Now that I'm on a lighter work schedule and with Full member status now, you'll see me posting a lot more on here now. I'll watch episode 10 very soon, it won't be very long at all. :)

That's good to hear! I love reading what you have to say about the show.

cjkeats

Also, that picture is awesome. lol.

So that would make it over 9,000 then? Har Har. Awesome scouter pic. ha.
I hope to see you here more. I gave you the stink eye and whispered "thread abandoner" every time I saw you in another thread. lol
I'm only half joking

And I can't belive I missed an obvious over 9000 joke.

Just to throw a random fact out there, that means more than half of the posts in this thread have come since mid November.

I was thinking about that too. It's probably a combination of they don't come from any crazy mythos or setting that needs any world building, and that they have an easy explanation as to why the girls would be dressed up in crazy or fanservicey costumes and outfits.

It makes me oddly happy to see my name in the window that pops up when you click the post count without scrolling. (Well, me and Cajun keep trading spots on it, but still.)

They can always just use the "girls are cosplaying" excuse.
I think that's supposed to be precure? I should check that out sometime.

I hope to see you here more. I gave you the stink eye and whispered "thread abandoner" every time I saw you in another thread. lol
I'm only half joking

And I can't belive I missed an obvious over 9000 joke.

:D I'm so flattered, it's nice being missed. Even in other threads, I didn't post nearly as much as when I was in here. Fear not, I have returned to you. <3

As for missing the 9,000 joke, it's time to study the subject matter harder!
Oh my Goku, did you see the Live Action one on there? lol

Oh this is pretty! I approve ^__^

Ultimadrago

Original
Edited

Hey, it does look better! And while the breasts weren't bad before (RIP Inazuma-ish deux-angle cleavage!), I also can appreciate good trad. full, firm breasts. I like the lighting changes, shifted toes, thinner lines, lighter tone on accessories and thicker bottom stripes (favorite change). Lastly, was there a soft blur filter on the original that's not on the final? In any case, I'm keeping both pieces in the den.

Nice work Chet and Extollere! (I wonder how many people will PM you both for avatar sources when y'all start sporting!)

Top Bottom