• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

regardless, Maria is an astoundingly gorgeous song.

It's a ringtone on my phone.

090501-0217160824-960x720.jpg

Have you played the Arland series? I'm wondering if I should start with Rorona, or just pick up Ayesha.

cjkeats

Yes, I love Totori's design. I think she's the prettiest of the 4 PS3 Heroines. However, Rorona is a recurring character in the Arland series and if I can get past Rorona quick enough it might be worth it?

I hear Rorona's game is pretty bad, and she's recurring but I don't think it really matters. I'm no expect though, RurouniZel is the resident Altier guru.
I've only played maybe 2 or 3 hours of Meruru.

EDIT: see above, lol

cjkeats

Is there like a link to where I can find all the GIFs? It seems like K-on GAF has a GIF for everything.

Google usually, or just ask for a specific one. Chet probably has it or something close.

You could probably see the entire series in gif form in this thread alone.

Uraizen

Banned
Where've you been hiding today? xD We need to PSN more my friend. What's a better game to play with, SF x Tekken or Arcana Heart now?

I was hiding? Hmm... perhaps I was a bit inactive today. I'm not sure which would be better. I play SFxT a bit more competitively than I play AH3, but AH3 is something that most people in here have. Is there a way you can try out both?

I was hiding? Hmm... perhaps I was a bit inactive today. I'm not sure which would be better. I play SFxT a bit more competitively than I play AH3, but AH3 is something that most people in here have. Is there a way you can try out both?

Oh that's right, I'll have to stop by the IRC chat again soon.

Anyway, I played SFxT ages ago and it just seemed to slow and I hated the timer. I know 2013 made it better. I suppose I'd want a sale on the DLC characters for that, I need my Lei is Lee's not there.

Arcana Heart could work never played it though. Anything else you playing multiplayer wise at the moment?

I remember being all excited for Arcana Heart 3 and I gave my friend $10 towards it so we could both download it on his account, but the PSN outage happened before I could download it and it destroyed ALL of my hype. I think I played it for, like, 2 or 3 hours tops. lol

EDIT: Also someone be happy for me since I just unlocked Homura's school.

Uraizen

Banned

Anyway, I played SFxT ages ago and it just seemed to slow and I hated the timer. I know 2013 made it better. I suppose I'd want a sale on the DLC characters for that, I need my Lei is Lee's not there.

Arcana Heart could work never played it though. Anything else you playing multiplayer wise at the moment?

You are always more than welcome to stop by for whatever reason.

Yeah, Lee not being in it was a pretty big downer. It's still a good game, the patch did a damned good job of fixing it.

Hmm... as a group or just something you would want to play with me? I know it's a little "lol," but I'm picking up Razor's Edge for PS3. That supposedly has online co-op and it only $40. I will warn you before hand that it is not a great game, just a very average action game. Other than that I can't really think of anything.

I remember being all excited for Arcana Heart 3 and I gave my friend $10 towards it so we could both download it on his account, but the PSN outage happened before I could download it and it destroyed ALL of my hype. I think I played it for, like, 2 or 3 hours tops. lol

Is that you hinting to me that you would want to play sometime?

EDIT: I'm happy for you.

EDIT: Also someone be happy for me since I just unlocked Homura's school.

Congrats!

So, is AH3 the one you're all playing? Or are there others on PS3?

MikeMyers

Yeah I bought SFxT recently and found it average at best.

Capcom VS SNK2 is coming to PSN though, don't know if it will be online.

Yeah I bought SFxT recently and found it average at best.

Capcom VS SNK2 is coming to PSN though, don't know if it will be online.

It's no fair though, you have your Paul and Asuka in SFxT! What about my Poor Lee?
and Violet
;____;

CVS2? Holy Mio, I am so there! Hope there's online play!

Edit - CURSES!

Dreamcast version Millionaire Fighting 2001 was tops.

MikeMyers

I dunno... I was just playing it casually with caj since it's something we both own.

PS2 version, no online; input delay BC is going to be great for those links!

CvS2 was my favourite Capcom fighter, so I'll still get it.

On a flip note, you into Tekken? I've played against TheBatman and amishpriest on here.

Edit: Also I picked up Jin, so its Jin+Asuka+Paul now.

th-thank you you two ;~;

Is that you hinting to me that you would want to play sometime?

EDIT: I'm happy for you.
If you so wish, sure! :p

So, is AH3 the one you're all playing? Or are there others on PS3?
No clue! I'm
at the bottom
of the totem pole and just started posting here a week or two-ish ago after spending some time in the IRC chat on and off for a few weeks... or months...? D:

MikeMyers

I heard TxSF may be a next gen title.

Only if it has a "Street Fighter x" before it.

I got SFxT beause my Capcom fanboy friend thinks its the greatest game ever and kept telling me to get it, perhaps I will get the two of you in touch if you are looking for someone to play.

Oh... you don't sound like you want to, it's okay, you don't have to~

Also, be more "on" than "off!"
Get in there without me requesting it, please.
Don't say that, it just depends on the day! More likely than not I'll say yes, but I'm too cheap for a PS3 mic.

Also, bah. Bah!

haha. I have a Mic, Amish and I use it for Castlevania. So is AH3 on disc, or is it PSN download only? they did give me a 10 dollar credit not too long ago...
When people want to talk to me on Skype or something, I have to plug in my 360 controller and use my Xbox mic to talk. It's... it's not good, at all!

AH3 is download only in NA, though. Disc in Europe and Japan! I think it's... $30 on PSN?

Uraizen

Banned
and when it has an x Street Fighter after it when it comes out, right, right, right? ;D

I will definitely be picking that up, so yes. The fact that Q won't be in it, despite his popularity, annoys me. I will still be picking it up, though.

I got SFxT beause my Capcom fanboy friend thinks its the greatest game ever and kept telling me to get it, perhaps I will get the two of you in touch if you are looking for someone to play.

It's sure as hell nowhere near the greatest game ever, but it's the best current gen fighter that Capcom has put out.
Excluding classic releases.

Don't say that, it just depends on the day! More likely than not I'll say yes, but I'm too cheap for a PS3 mic.

Also, bah. Bah!

PS3 voice chat sucks anyway, I use Skype.

Bah, bah ... bah, bah, bah!

EDIT: Oh, I see you do, too. I should have known.

When people want to talk to me on Skype or something, I have to plug in my 360 controller and use my Xbox mic to talk. It's... it's not good, at all!

AH3 is download only in NA, though. Disc in Europe and Japan! I think it's... $30 on PSN?

30 dollars? >___> I can get a copy of SFxT now for almost 15. bah...It also cuts into Ayesha money. I will have to think about this.

I will definitely be picking that up, so yes. The fact that Q won't be in it, despite his popularity, annoys me. I will still be picking it up, though.

When did they start confirming/deconfirming characters for TxSF? I know they had polls on facebook and Lee received a very favorable ranking. I hope he makes it at least.

Uraizen

Banned
30 dollars? >___> I can get a copy of SFxT now for almost 15. bah...It also cuts into Ayesha money. I will have to think about this.

Yeah... sleep on it.

When did they start confirming/disconfirming characters for TxSF? I know they had polls on facebook and Lee received a very favorable ranking. I hope he makes it at least.

Q is the only one they have said anything about because they hate Q fans.

Yeah... sleep on it.

Q is the only one they have said anything about because they hate Q fans.

LOL, it's what I thought about Lee during the Tekken Tag days. He was the only character that got spanked, and kicked in the Balls during the gameover countdown.

Although with Blood Vengeance, and recent games it would seem they certainly really love him now. :)

seiyuu unit = voice actress musical group e.g. Sphere

"Ritsu Slippers" sounds like a tonguetwister - quick, say it 10 times fast!

aXIeS1B.png
those are cute!
Even if I spent a decade drawing I could never come close to his style.
Why would you want to do that? You're already better.
Just started my K-ON rewatch (finally!), and I'm up to episode 8 now.
Yui is queen. I'm starting to really like Mio this time through, and Ritsu is on par. Mugi is still worst girl of the 4 keions at this point, and will likely be beaten by Azusa. We'll see.
Sshh Don't let Kazzy hear you!
I guess the solution for me is to look at more boobs. I prefer DFC and petite girls with smaller breasts, so I guess I'm out of practice in Chet's arena.
Most definitely!
I was QUITE surprised by how much bigger the K-ON!! book is compared to the first season or movie ones. I guess it makes sense because the episode quantity was that much bigger but, well look!
Sure the movie has the whole London thing, but when you sit back and think about how each episode is like 24 minutes long each, it really stacks up.
I decided to get a tablet PC after all, the Samsung ATIV 700T. Motivated to draw/paint again.
My brother was talking about getting something like this. I wouldn't mind going with something like that.

Right now my order of favorite girls:

1 - Ritsu
2 - Mio (The gap between 1 and two is getting close)
3 - Yui
4 - Mugi
5 - Azusa.

That's the main girls. Ui would probably sneak in the top 3. and Sawa-chan's there too. I like Azusa so far, but haven't seen much. Mugi I really like, she's gorgeous and brings the sweets, but I haven't seen as much from her yet as I have from the other girls through 9 episodes.

Oh, and I started playing the Cave. It's alright, but these type of games bore me after a while. Will probably go watch a walkthrough instead.

That seems fair.

And sadly, you'll have to wait till season 2 to really get a "Mugi episode."

It's unfair. I want to like Mugi more. She's pretty, cute and brings the sweets, Just in the anime so far, I haven't seen many layers to her other than the fact her family has money and such.

You guys said she was quite different in the Manga, yes?

I love Yui too, I mainly love her crazy faces, and her relationship with Ui. Just Ritsu cracks me up with her relationship with Mio and the bumps. Ritsu makes me laugh. Mio is adorable and just hnnnnngh.

Madao

Mugi's manga extras add a lot depending on what stuff you like.

S1 really underuses her. the manga is a fault to a degree since i remember stretches where she wouldn't appear for a few pages.

if she had screentime comparable to Mio or Ritsu, i think she'd be my #1 by quite a bit.

Top Bottom