• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Mio has been upgraded. I changed the shape and size of her breasts, and thought really hard about how to make them more lustful for Chet and everyone else. Please accept her.

For reference sake, you can use the links below to compare the (now embarrassing) original to the edited version:
Original
Edited
tumblr_lzg1td9E8i1rouovko1_500.gif

They can always just use the "girls are cosplaying" excuse.
That, and the characters themselves aren't really tied to the time and place they're at. You could have them all together in world war one era germany or in space and they'd be pretty much no different.
Yui in the best one.
Blue > Pink
Hey, it does look better! And while the breasts weren't bad before (RIP Inazuma-ish deux-angle cleavage!), I also can appreciate good trad. full, firm breasts. I like the lighting changes, shifted toes, thinner lines, lighter tone on accessories and thicker bottom stripes (favorite change). Lastly, was there a soft blur filter on the original that's not on the final? In any case, I'm keeping both pieces in the den.

Nice work Chet and Extollere! (I wonder how many people will PM you both for avatar sources when y'all start sporting!)
I like loading them both up and switching between the two. Makes it look like her boobs are inflating. lol
I may have asked this a while back, but does anyone have the PS3 K-ON! game? Where would be the best place to order it other than eBay?
Playasia? I don't know where the cheapest place would be.
One Piece in Chet's sacred place? Ruh Roh .
Probably an honest mistake. I'll let this one slide.

cajunator

Banned
I hope to see you here more. I gave you the stink eye and whispered "thread abandoner" every time I saw you in another thread. lol
I'm only half joking

And I can't belive I missed an obvious over 9000 joke.

It makes me oddly happy to see my name in the window that pops up when you click the post count without scrolling. (Well, me and Cajun keep trading spots on it, but still.)

They can always just use the "girls are cosplaying" excuse.

I think that's supposed to be precure? I should check that out sometime.

Red is best girl.
Also, yes you should check out Precure. Particularly Futari wa Precure (first series) Heartcatch, and Smile.

cjkeats

Red is best girl.
Also, yes you should check out Precure. Particularly Futari wa Precure (first series) Heartcatch, and Smile.

Smile has been the most appealing looking to me based on the screens over in animeGAF, but Futari is on Crunchyroll, so I'll probably watch that one first.

cajunator

Banned
Smile has been the most appealing looking to me based on the screens over in animeGAF, but Futari is on Crunchyroll, so I'll probably watch that one first.

Nagisa and Honoka are great characters, but you might find the series to be a bit too generic. It gets more adventurous later but has entertaining yet very humble roots. But the two mains carry the show pretty well.
It really is hilarious how well Precure peddles all the plastic toys though. It is so blatantly obvious.

cjkeats

Nagisa and Honoka are great characters, but you might find the series to be a bit too generic. It gets more adventurous later but has entertaining yet very humble roots. But the two mains carry the show pretty well.
It really is hilarious how well Precure peddles all the plastic toys though. It is so blatantly obvious.

Sounds like the old days of Transformers and GI-joes where the shows only existed to sell toys.

At least k-on is being used to sell practical things, like cabbage.

cajunator

Banned
Sounds like the old days of Transformers and GI-joes where the shows only existed to sell toys.

At least k-on is being used to sell practical things, like cabbage.

Its pretty shameless marketing, but the shows are really fun to watch.
The Precures are generally great characters and most of the shows have good character design.
The music is FANTASTIC.

Here's the transformation themes of all the shows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6JQVkkZK0A

Futari Wa Precure
Precure Max Heart
Precure Splash Star
Yes Precure 5
Yes Precure 5 GOGO
Fresh Precure
Heartcatch Precure
Suite Precure
Smile Precure

DokiDoki Precure is brand new airing now.

cjkeats

Its pretty shameless marketing, but the shows are really fun to watch.
The Precures are generally great characters and most of the shows have good character design.
The music is FANTASTIC.

Here's the transformation themes of all the shows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6JQVkkZK0A

Futari Wa Precure
Precure Max Heart
Precure Splash Star
Yes Precure 5
Yes Precure 5 GOGO
Fresh Precure
Heartcatch Precure
Suite Precure
Smile Precure

DokiDoki Precure is brand new airing now.

That music is pretty awesome.
Is there continuity here or is it jump in able anywhere?

Think its like a music group? could be wrong.
seiyuu unit = voice actress musical group e.g. Sphere

So like G Unit, but cute girls? I can live with that.

cajunator

Banned
That music is pretty awesome.
Is there continuity here or is it jump in able anywhere?

So like G Unit, but cute girls? I can live with that.

Well Futari wa Precure and Precure Max Heart are connected, as are YES Precure 5 and Precure 5 GOGO, but otherwise it is all standalone.

Uraizen

Banned
awesome.
only it wont be until next tuesday before I can play.
I work all night every night until then.

Alrighty, you know how to get a hold of me whenever you can!

Minna-san,
like Vergil
I have returned! I've missed you all terribly! I miss your adorable avatar, Ura
but I like the new one!

I liked this one better and it was drawn by a friend.
Cajunator

http://i.imgur.com/gOo72pi.gif[IMG]

fight me chet[/QUOTE]

Chet knows which side of this war I'm on.

Just started my K-ON rewatch (finally!), and I'm up to episode 8 now.
Yui is queen. I'm starting to really like Mio this time through, and Ritsu is on par. Mugi is still worst girl of the 4 keions at this point, and will likely be beaten by Azusa. We'll see.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Holy crap, what an improvement, she's perfect! I applaud you, Extollere.

Thanks!

Oh man, this is even better! I think I know what cajunator was trying to get at. Before they were right but somewhat formless. Here they have that youthful firmness that more fits Mio. Makes them appear bigger too.
Now lets see if I can spot all the differences.
  1. Boobs redrawn perkier
  2. Black outlines thinned out
  3. Skin lightened
  4. Skin shading made less red, or more yellow
  5. Left foot flip flops perspective fix
  6. Color of flip flops lightened
  7. Stripes on her bikini bottom widened
  8. Eyes and eyelashes lightened
  9. Eyelashes slightly altered
  10. Other side of headphones now visible
  11. One hair changed angle
  12. Line on her neck unceremoniously removed
I think that's it.

I'm impressed. There were a couple of other small changes, but they were barely noticeable. Some of those changes weren't necessary, it was just me noodling around in the drawing while I was doing some other things.

Exto you did her bust justice!

Originally they looked a bit different (and other areas were changed as well) before I posted it. A drawing can often go through several changes before it's finished, and usually people don't see anything but the final result. In this case, perhaps I posted it before I was totally happy with that area. It happens, but the feedback I got here was encouraging. I guess the solution for me is to look at more boobs. I prefer DFC and petite girls with smaller breasts, so I guess I'm out of practice in Chet's arena.

Hey, it does look better! And while the breasts weren't bad before (RIP Inazuma-ish deux-angle cleavage!), I also can appreciate good trad. full, firm breasts. I like the lighting changes, shifted toes, thinner lines, lighter tone on accessories and thicker bottom stripes (favorite change). Lastly, was there a soft blur filter on the original that's not on the final? In any case, I'm keeping both pieces in the den.

You know, I went back and studied some Inazuma more carefully. I noticed that the elongated breast shape appears more frequently when the breasts are being viewed from above, or when the girl is leaning over. But when viewed from certain side angles or from below, they become more like a water-balloon shape. Or like a big tear drop, tilted on its side. It's the same boob, it just changes size and shape depending on the viewpoint, the clothing, or the implied motion (like heavy thrusting and stuff). So I had this shape in my head, but I didn't think about applying it correctly and I think I just drew it from the wrong angle. Perhaps they would look alright if Mio's chest was facing a different direction. Smaller breasts don't seem to have these same dynamics (or at least, not to the same degree), so this might be a good opportunity to do some research and drawing. Thanks for your earlier comments too.

Oh, and yes, there is a soft filter on both drawings. Actually, it's a series of layers blended together to create a softer appearance. Since I edited the drawing I had to reapply the layers, and I couldn't remember my exact settings so the effect was lessened a bit. I liked it soft, but I also like it with a little more sharpness than where I had it.

Bad news: They delivered in the evening so I couldn't be there for it.

Good news? Mom decided not to go out today so she was there to sign for the delivery.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY said:

I was QUITE surprised by how much bigger the K-ON!! book is compared to the first season or movie ones. I guess it makes sense because the episode quantity was that much bigger but, well look!

It's practically double the size of either of em! said:

Gonna crack open the Music History's Box and upload ALL the songs.

To iTunes, that is. Duh.

Yeahhhhhhh.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I decided to get a tablet PC after all, the Samsung ATIV 700T. Motivated to draw/paint again.

Yay!

6AE615F4-C882-4AE7-823D-7C24C54BBFEA-3235-000005DA1B2148D8_zps4a47e21f.jpg

Works well with a stylus... well, the Surface Pro stylus lol.

A3ADDC25-3B1D-44B5-8A22-FF0E0EBC2471-3235-000005DA2890483A_zps204dfed8.jpg

Madao

funnily, it is better to get the christmas pesent load outside of christmas period. that period is too damn busy for my liking.
also, my country is almost completely devoid of big discounts so i'd be paying the same at any time of the year (that's why i got my new PC and a lot of blu-ray movies this year)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
what is a tablet pc?

Think like a tablet with Windows 8 instead of iOS or Android. This one has a wacom digitizer in the screen so it can be used like a wacom drawing tablet (in theory, it looks like it might take me some getting used to), but they're expensive. >>;

I ordered it from Play-Asia

Oh, the PS3 version? How do you like it?

Think like a tablet with Windows 8 instead of iOS or Android. This one has a wacom digitizer in the screen so it can be used like a wacom drawing tablet (in theory, it looks like it might take me some getting used to), but they're expensive. >>;

Hey, you didn't answer me back on PSN ;P

Reminded me of this:

INaD11s.jpg

This is from your personal collection, yes? ;)

seiyuu unit = voice actress musical group e.g. Sphere

"Ritsu Slippers" sounds like a tonguetwister - quick, say it 10 times fast!

aXIeS1B.png

Oh, like DoCo from Ranma! I love the pretty OAV Themes.... Oh, and yay Ricchan :D

By the way, I'm in awe of everyone's drawing abilities. Alas, I can barely draw stick figures. Was more into acting and drama earlier in my life so never took it up. Anyway, rather than being really jelly, I'm happy to see all that beautiful artwork. Please keep it up my friends. <3

Top Bottom