• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

That would be my doing and yes she is.

Mugi's manga extras add a lot depending on what stuff you like.

S1 really underuses her. the manga is a fault to a degree since i remember stretches where she wouldn't appear for a few pages.

if she had screentime comparable to Mio or Ritsu, i think she'd be my #1 by quite a bit.

I believe the terms used were "Slightly Evil?" Ha. She seems quirky enough that she's be a hoot if she let it out more. I still say she's the most beautiful K-ON! girl.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
My brother was talking about getting something like this. I wouldn't mind going with something like that.

I'm going to give it a go, I have a 2 week return policy in case I don't like it or it doesn't work well enough or whatever. I'll give you a full review in that time. :)

cajunator

Banned
Right now my order of favorite girls:

1 - Ritsu
2 - Mio (The gap between 1 and two is getting close)
3 - Yui
4 - Mugi
5 - Azusa.

That's the main girls. Ui would probably sneak in the top 3. and Sawa-chan's there too. I like Azusa so far, but haven't seen much. Mugi I really like, she's gorgeous and brings the sweets, but I haven't seen as much from her yet as I have from the other girls through 9 episodes.

Oh, and I started playing the Cave. It's alright, but these type of games bore me after a while. Will probably go watch a walkthrough instead.

YOU CHOSE CORRECTLY!

You guys said she was quite different in the Manga, yes?
It's more that some parts of her are more pronounced in the manga than they are in the anime. Specifically speaking, her love for girls love.
S1 really underuses her. the manga is a fault to a degree since i remember stretches where she wouldn't appear for a few pages.
Kind of a random thought, but I think there was a whole chapter in volume 3 that had no Azusa in it.
I believe the terms used were "Slightly Evil?" Ha. She seems quirky enough that she's be a hoot if she let it out more. I still say she's the most beautiful K-ON! girl.
I wouldn't really say evil but... It's hard to describe it, but that side of her is rarely used at all, and I'm not surprised it got dropped in the adaptation, as the manga seemed to have dropped it too.
I'm going to give it a go, I have a 2 week return policy in case I don't like it or it doesn't work well enough or whatever. I'll give you a full review in that time. :)
It's not like I'll be able to afford one anyways. lol...

RurouniZel

But now you have it, so you're better off than me!

^^; It will take some adjustments. One thing I realized was how I miss easy keyboard shortcuts. I'm looking into ways to remedy that.

So, Zel, I finally played the Miku demo! Absolutely loved it. Did you import Project Diva F yet? I'm waiting to see if it does get localized before I import it.

I imported it. Love it, glorious 1080p Miku!! (It actually runs at 1080p!) :D

RurouniZel

Yay! I really did have fun with the demo. Once I realized how to activate the stars. haha. You didn't order the super expensive controller, did you?

Nah, both worth it for one game only, esp. since I wanted to use me tax money on the computer instead.

RurouniZel

Hmm, are the exclamation points really different in the seasons? I hadn't noticed. xD

Yeah.
NAqGKp1.png

Season One!
iBFCssa.png

Season Two, with two exclamation points!!
K4mBehT.png

And then the Movie which goes back to just one exclamation point, though adds those characters in the blue circles in the upper left, which I assume means movie.

Oh, Thank you for this. So I assume when they make a second movie it'll have the blue letters and two exclamations? :D

Also lolz at Blu Ray cover 1.

I suppose that is the logical conclusion.

Yeah, the cover art is pretty clever. Some of the ones for the first season end up in an episode in the second season.
Not that specific one though, unfortunately.

I suppose that is the logical conclusion.

Yeah, the cover art is pretty clever. Some of the ones for the first season end up in an episode in the second season.
Not that specific one though, unfortunately.

I love the pink cases too. Why don't we get those, Chet? ;__;

Anyway, off to work for me. Be back later tonight! <3

Because they're called blu rays. Seems kinda odd that there would be blue cases.
that said, the K-ON! sets look nice in the pink case, so I guess that's why there are.

Not quite gone yet, but I had to reply and laugh at your answer. LOL. It's as if Mio herself answered that one.

It really does look lovely. Lets all order Pink cases :D

Okay, really now off I go. See yas tonight.
K-ON-yui-wave.gif

Good morning/afternoon/evening all! For some bizarre reason I woke up at 6:30 this morning and decided to go into work early so I could leave earlier this afternoon. Being the old man I am, this has left me with next to no energy. That led me to wonder if there was a K-ON branded energy drink ever made, but Google has failed me.

Then, I remembered I have this:

Close enough :p.

All of you artistic types here (which might just be everyone but me) are starting to make me curious as to whether I can actually learn to draw even at my advanced age. Any good beginner resources anyone can point me to?

Totori is the best in the Arland trilogy ^_^

I might pick up that Vita stealth release from the other day and play that version. I swear I am going to finish Neptunia mk2 first at least.

I imported it. Love it, glorious 1080p Miku!! (It actually runs at 1080p!) :D

If it turns out that it doesn't get localized, I'll buy the import. Hard to justify at the moment when I still have a lot of the Vita version to play through.

Good morning/afternoon/evening all! For some bizarre reason I woke up at 6:30 this morning and decided to go into work early so I could leave earlier this afternoon. Being the old man I am, this has left me with next to no energy. That led me to wonder if there was a K-ON branded energy drink ever made, but Google has failed me.

Then, I remembered I have this:

X8J3bEX.jpg

Close enough :p.
I remember the first time I looked up things for Mio I found out about that stuff. I should try it some time.
All of you artistic types here (which might just be everyone but me) are starting to make me curious as to whether I can actually learn to draw even at my advanced age. Any good beginner resources anyone can point me to?
Anything is possible, though I don't know much about beginner resources.
Yeah... We all know that's not what you mean. ;)
Amongst other things.

RurouniZel

But they are quite huggable...

Sqeezable too, among other activities. :3

If it turns out that it doesn't get localized, I'll buy the import. Hard to justify at the moment when I still have a lot of the Vita version to play through.

Think of drawing as solving a puzzle. How does a connect to b etc. As far as staring resources go see if there are any local figure drawing sessions in your area.

And I'm totally buying Miku again if it's localized. :3

Think of drawing as solving a puzzle. How does a connect to b etc. As far as staring resources go see if there are any local figure drawing sessions in your area.

And I'm totally buying Miku again if it's localized. :3

Solving a puzzle...that's a good way to think of it. I'd like to be able to at least draw a reasonable Ui. I feel rather inspired by all of you ;).

I really hope Sega does the right thing with Miku. Even a digital release would be better than nothing. Hopefully that Facebook thing wasn't just a big tease.

Ahahaha, I just reverse image searched that on google so I could see what it was. In the search bar it says "&#12369;&#12356;&#12362;&#12435; &#12456;&#12525;". How that's ero is beyond me...

Edit: And the fact that english google autofiltered it out cause of safesearch...

RurouniZel

Exactly! :D

Solving a puzzle...that's a good way to think of it. I'd like to be able to at least draw a reasonable Ui. I feel rather inspired by all of you ;).

I really hope Sega does the right thing with Miku. Even a digital release would be better than nothing. Hopefully that Facebook thing wasn't just a big tease.

I hope it's localized as well, even if digital only.

Ahahaha, I just reverse image searched that on google so I could see what it was. In the search bar it says "&#12369;&#12356;&#12362;&#12435; &#12456;&#12525;". How that's ero is beyond me...

Edit: And the fact that english google autofiltered it out cause of safesearch...

Well, I know what I'm doing tonight!

And then the Movie which goes back to just one exclamation point, though adds those characters in the blue circles in the upper left, which I assume means movie.
It does! &#26144;&#30011;=eiga=movie

And now you've planted the conspiracy theory seed in my head that a second movie will come out called &#26144;&#30011; &#12369;&#12356;&#12362;&#12435;!! and I can't let go RAAAAAAUGH

Top Bottom