• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

I shall be getting luigi's mansion 2 on tuesday, but also going to a conference from wednesday to sunday so my time and wifi usage will probably be limited next week.

cjkeats

Fire Emblem and Mario 3D land are a must. I quite like the Layton game on there too. Pushmo and Crashmo get top recommendations form the eShop as well.

Fire Emblem and Mario 3D land are a must. I quite like the Layton game on there too. Pushmo and Crashmo get top recommendations form the eShop as well.

I have Virtue's Last Reward because I bought the watch and it came with it lol. Already played it on Vita though.

I have Kid Icarus Uprising, Pilot Wings and Adventure Time and I don't even have the system yet.

Fire Emblem sounds like a slam dunk.

Madao

playable online? MK7, Mario Tennis and Kid Icarus

other games i have are OoT 3D, SF64 3D, SM3DLand, Paper Mario and VLR

there's plenty more digital but i'm lazy to list those.

cjkeats

I have Virtue's Last Reward because I bought the watch and it came with it lol. Already played it on Vita though.

I have Kid Icarus Uprising, Pilot Wings and Adventure Time and I don't even have the system yet.

Fire Emblem sounds like a slam dunk.

I had to get the VLR watch separate when they sold it for charity. I played some of it on Vita as well though too. Still need to go back and play.

I had to get the VLR watch separate when they sold it for charity. I played some of it on Vita as well though too. Still need to go back and play.

YES YOU DO!

Go finish now! It's amazing! It was my 2012 GOTY!

playable online? MK7, Mario Tennis and Kid Icarus

other games i have are OoT 3D, SF64 3D, SM3DLand, Paper Mario and VLR

there's plenty more digital but i'm lazy to list those.

Oh, Mario Tennis, loved it on GC. How is Paper Mario in your opinion? Last good one to me was Thousand Year Door.

My top five games for 3ds as it stands are probably :
1) Kid Icarus Uprising
2) Fire Emblem : Awakening
3) Super Mario 3D Land
4) Mario Kart 7
5) Style Savvy Trendsetters

Honorable mentions go to pushmo and crashmo .

Personally I found the 3ds layton to be my least favorite of the laytons so far .

my coworker is so lucky.
he is playing zelda lttp for the first time followed by ocarina and majoras mask

Oh my god, I love Link to the Past, it's my favorite Zelda. They're very lucky!

1) Kid Icarus Uprising
3) Super Mario 3D Land
4) Mario Kart 7

Personally I found the 3ds layton to be my least favorite of the laytons so far .

How's Style Savvy? Is it similar to the Princess Maker games if you've played those?

cjkeats

my coworker is so lucky.
he is playing zelda lttp for the first time followed by ocarina and majoras mask

I'll never forget Majora's Mask the first time. That world sucked me in so hard.
Anju and Kafei was one of the first times I remember a video game making me real feel some kind of attachment to characters.

I still havent played lttp or majora's mask .

LTTP IS SO GOOD! I haven't played Majora's Mask either.

I'll never forget Majora's Mask the first time. That world sucked me in so hard.
Anju and Kafei was one of the first times I remember a video game making me real feel some kind of attachment to characters.

The premise of it scared me. That freaky ass moon. I like the Time Travel aspect though. I might have to finally clamp down and play it.

How's Style Savvy? Is it similar to the Princess Maker games if you've played those?

There are two style savvy demos on the store you can try, but I havent played this Princess Maker . The game has more or less 2 aspects to it mainly. One part is you managing your own clothing shop, in which you have to cater to the needs of customers to make money . The other part is competing in fashion shows . There are other aspects to it, but overall it's loads of fun.

There are two style savvy demos on the store you can try, but I havent played this Princess Maker . The game has more or less 2 aspects to it mainly. One part is you managing your own clothing shop, in which you have to cater to the needs of customers to make money . The other part is competing in fashion shows . There are other aspects to it, but overall it's loads of fun.

Thanks, it sounds a bit different, but shares similarities. Soon as I get my XL I'll check out the demos. :)

Madao

YES YOU DO!

Go finish now! It's amazing! It was my 2012 GOTY!

Oh, Mario Tennis, loved it on GC. How is Paper Mario in your opinion? Last good one to me was Thousand Year Door.

this new Paper Mario is polarizing. some poeple liked the changes and some hated them. the story is toned down a lot and is probably less story than what was seen in PM64. the battle mechanics are a bit weird since you need stickers to do anything and there's no experience. you can do some crazy combos with some stickers and there's also a rock-paper-scissors element with some of them.
this game isn't a traditional PM like the first 2 though, so have that in mind.

personally, i didn't like it as much as the old ones. i dunno about SPM since i only played that once but it is below the first 2 for me.

this new Paper Mario is polarizing. some poeple liked the changes and some hated them. the story is toned down a lot and is probably less story than what was seen in PM64. the battle mechanics are a bit weird since you need stickers to do anything and there's no experience. you can do some crazy combos with some stickers and there's also a rock-paper-scissors element with some of them.
this game isn't a traditional PM like the first 2 though, so have that in mind.

personally, i didn't like it as much as the old ones. i dunno about SPM since i only played that once but it is below the first 2 for me.

Yep, sounds like a bummer. The first two were so good. The amount of story in TYD was crazy though.

Still looking to pick up the K-ON game myself.

Personally I like the new paper mario , but I havent played the "traditional" paper marios and thus play it without desires or expectations for it to be ttyd 2 or pm64 2 . I can fully understand the disappointment and desire for a paper mario like those ones, but I like what Sticker Star was personally.

It's time again for TheBats review of K-On! Episode 10 this time, woo woo.

It was a great episode, and even more so that we got to see Mio in a Bikini.
amiright, Chet ;D
This episode gets the infamous 4.5 Ricchans!

kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg

After the last time I cut Ritsu in half and almost gave Amish a heart attack, to fill in the .5, Here's a picture of the girls with cookies.

TMdyStP.jpg
Less than 5? You're crazy!
Beyond the obvious reasons, I really liked this episode. This and the earlier beach episode just have a real laid back feel to it.
I guess because my stuff isnt colored (having a tablet is one of my goals) I feel like it is inferior.
There are more ways to color things than with computers. There's always markers, colored pencils, etc.
Okies, see ya in a few.

Wonder where Chet's at now....
Here.
Personally I like the new paper mario , but I havent played the "traditional" paper marios and thus play it without desires or expectations for it to be ttyd 2 or pm64 2 . I can fully understand the disappointment and desire for a paper mario like those ones, but I like what Sticker Star was personally.
What is wrong with you?

Less than 5? You're crazy!
Beyond the obvious reasons, I really liked this episode. This and the earlier beach episode just have a real laid back feel to it.

There are more ways to color things than with computers. There's always markers, colored pencils, etc.

Here.

What is wrong with you?

I've said a while ago, it has to be perfect for me to give it a 5! It was a great episode, but it wasn't quite perfect to me. I'm surprised I already gave out one perfect rating as it is :)

I dont like theway my art looks with traditional coloring methods.
I want shiny pretty computer coloring.
Well, I'm not saying you shouldn't want to get a tablet. Just giving suggestions.
I've said a while ago, it has to be perfect for me to give it a 5! It was a great episode, but it wasn't quite perfect to me. I'm surprised I already gave out one perfect rating as it is :)

But, but but, Mio in a...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
my art feels so woefully inadequate.

You shouldn't. I went to art school and you did not. I bought and have been using special equipment for years and you don't/haven't. You have strengths I do not have, like being able to draw cars and other mechanical objects well (which I completely suck at), you've got a much greater attention to clothing detail like frills and lace than I do.

Also, your poses are more creative than mine. ^^;

I dont like theway my art looks with traditional coloring methods.
I want shiny pretty computer coloring.

It's an investment to be sure, both money and time. I found it to be worth it because I have my love/hate relationship with art. ^^;

Emitan

1) Kid Icarus Uprising
3) Super Mario 3D Land
4) Mario Kart 7

Maybe you should finish it... :p

Mugi's back, yay! Another vacation for her. lol. We're treated to another Vacation home of hers which is STILL not the original awesome one she wanted to get for last year's vacation. I do wonder if we'll ever see the one she's mentioning. So they arrive, and Ricchan and Yui bond so much during these, they already have their Bikinis on.
It actually does get shown.
Azusa gets to stay at it with Ui, Jun and the other new girls in manga that happens after the anime
You know Mio's always a 5 in my book! <3
On a scale from 1 to 10, Mio's an 11.
Maybe you should finish it... :p
That reminds me, the Bride DLC is out now.

cajunator

Banned
You shouldn't. I went to art school and you did not. I bought and have been using special equipment for years and you don't/haven't. You have strengths I do not have, like being able to draw cars and other mechanical objects well (which I completely suck at), you've got a much greater attention to clothing detail like frills and lace than I do.

Also, your poses are more creative than mine. ^^;

It's an investment to be sure, both money and time. I found it to be worth it because I have my love/hate relationship with art. ^^;

You have a point. I have no art training. Everything I know I pretty much learned along the way. I had to teach myself perspectives and scaling and foreshortening, all the little things, by observing other art and real life and seeing how it works. So it stands to reason that I am probably missing things you guys were taught how to do or have more practice with...
But I'm still feeling inadequate.

Top Bottom