• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Articalys

Ah, I remember seeing some news/rumors about this a while back, but now it's official: there's going to be a card-based arcade game on the way, "K-On! Houkago Rhythm Time".

http://k-on.indexweb.jp/
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201304/02031279.html
main46j4s.png

I don't remember that at all, which is probably for the best unless it was really funny and not just super weird and creepy.
We, that includes you, were talking about if they ever show the girls going to the bathroom. This was a long time ago.
What the fuck
Everybody poops!
Ah, I remember seeing some news/rumors about this a while back, but now it's official: there's going to be a card-based arcade game on the way, "K-On! Houkago Rhythm Time".

Awesome!
So what exactly is a card based arcade game? Do you collect cards separately and bring them to the machine, or is it all in the game?

Thank Kami.

I guess it sucks that there won't be a sequel to the PSP game
which as it stands Sega wasn't going to anyways
, but if this means more games in general, I'm all for it!
We'll never play it; I must destroy your hopes now, Chet.
I like the idea that there's a new game, regardless of platform. And who knows, maybe someday I will have the money to buy myself a machine!
haha... :(
Persona X K-on might be more than just fan fiction rolling around in Shinogus head!

I figured that's what you'd think of that. lol

Articalys

Awesome!
So what exactly is a card based arcade game? Do you collect cards separately and bring them to the machine, or is it all in the game?
Going by my terrible machine translation analysis, it looks like the physical cards are distributed by the arcade machines; for every 100-yen play of the game, you first get a card at random (like opening up a TCG booster pack). Then the arcade machine also has a card reader, so for each play of the actual rhythm game you can scan up to three cards together to get bonus points or effects, and get an equivalent of exp/ranking points for whatever character cards you used... or something. I think. Hopefully someone actually fluent can explain more properly.

Uraizen

Banned
I guess it sucks that there won't be a sequel to the PSP game
which as it stands Sega wasn't going to anyways
, but if this means more games in general, I'm all for it!

Yeah, Sega has some decent experience with rhythm games, so it was in the right hands. They just never did anything worth a damn with it.

Going by my terrible machine translation analysis, it looks like the physical cards are distributed by the arcade machines; for every 100-yen play of the game, you first get a card at random (like opening up a TCG booster pack). Then the arcade machine also has a card reader, so for each play you can scan up to three cards together to get bonus points or effects, and get an equivalent of exp/ranking points for whatever character cards you used... or something. I think. Hopefully someone actually fluent can explain more properly.

Ah, that's pretty neat that they sell the cards in the machines as well.

The nice thing about that is that people can get them, and then they can sell them to people, and some of those people could be me! Then I can pretend I'm playing the game. I like this idea.

Emitan

Ah, that's pretty neat that they sell the cards in the machines as well.

The nice thing about that is that people can get them, and then they can sell them to people, and some of those people could be me! Then I can pretend I'm playing the game. I like this idea.

Kazzy and I will get all the Mugi cards

Yeah, Sega has some decent experience with rhythm games, so it was in the right hands. They just never did anything worth a damn with it.
There could be a chance Sega still has it, if like Atlus's contract was only for arcade machines or something, but that's probably not right.
Kazzy and I will get all the Mugi cards
There's also the Precious Memories K-ON! cards that I'd love to collect but don't have the money for. Some of those are pretty cool looking.

Articalys

Also, it looks like there will only be 46 cards initially, with room for expansion sets if it does well later on I suppose. From the article I guess these are preliminary designs for five of the character cards:

Also, it looks like there will only be 46 cards initially, with room for expansion sets if it does well later on I suppose. From the article I guess these are preliminary designs for five of the character cards:

Ah, makes sense that they wouldn't want to go all out with the cards if they're not sure if it's going to go over well.

Azusa's card looks weird next to the others since it's not a screen cap like the others. Though I suppose that's probably just to show that there will be both kinds I guess.

Do they give any date as to when this arcade game will come out? All I can see is that it's coming this year.

Madao

i hate card games but i'd pick up some mugi and ritsu cards.

also, we're one step closer to Rhythm Heaven K-On!! version.

Articalys

And because I was bored:
I hope so, but I think the artwork of the girls in the logo is quite old, or at least I'm pretty sure I've seen it before.
Still, there's always stuff like this in game that make me hopeful, unless this is old too.
Your memory is damn good. Not going to try to look up the one from the sample screen though.

I didn't bother trying to hunt this one down either until I saw a comment on a different blog post noting that the image was apparently from an old Animage poster circa 2010, confirming your guess in a roundabout way.

And because I was bored:

Your memory is damn good. Not going to try to look up the one from the sample screen though.

I didn't bother trying to hunt this one down either until I saw a comment on a different blog post noting that the image was apparently from an old Animage poster circa 2010, confirming your guess in a roundabout way.
Yeah, I figured it was from somewhere else. I remember thinking it was odd that the art made Azusa look busty and Mio not so much.
There's still a chance to see new artwork out of this, but probably not much.
I just noticed the cat. I'm really starting to come around on Azunyan.

It's Jun's cat, Azunyan #2!

Because Mugi would automatically be top-tier, able to OHKO anyone else, thus making all other characters irrelevant.

She wouldn't actually be able to hit Azunyan though since her hitbox is so small. And Azunyan would have an infinite juggle and dash which grants her invincibility frames. Good luck with that Mugi.

Kazzy

She wouldn't actually be able to hit Azunyan though since her hitbox is so small. And Azunyan would have an infinite juggle and dash which grants her invincibility frames. Good luck with that Mugi.

But she would only be introduced 3/4 of the way through production, and wouldn't have an adequate movelist until the sequel.

I really love that logo! Nice that there's something game wise.

We'll never play it; I must destroy your hopes now, Chet.

I will take a vacation to Japan strictly for the purposes of playing this.

Going by my terrible machine translation analysis, it looks like the physical cards are distributed by the arcade machines; for every 100-yen play of the game, you first get a card at random (like opening up a TCG booster pack). Then the arcade machine also has a card reader, so for each play of the actual rhythm game you can scan up to three cards together to get bonus points or effects, and get an equivalent of exp/ranking points for whatever character cards you used... or something. I think. Hopefully someone actually fluent can explain more properly.

Your explanation of it sounds pretty cool, at least.

Followed. Now make it pretty!

I will try to do something...though I hope you all don't get your hopes up too high :p.

I don't remember that at all, which is probably for the best unless it was really funny and not just super weird and creepy.

You probably scrubbed it out of your memory as a defense mechanism. I know I would have.

AT-LUS?!?

Kp6CXJq.gif
hehehe
Why not a K-ON fighting game?
Considering how the show is, I don't really blame them for not trying.
Because Mugi would automatically be top-tier, able to OHKO anyone else, thus making all other characters irrelevant.
Haha, true true!
But she would only be introduced 3/4 of the way through production, and wouldn't have an adequate movelist until the sequel.

lol

Madao

the only fighting series i've played for a considerable length is the SSB series.

i imagine a K-On SSB style game with items being all the stuff they had in the club room. tossing the frog thingy and the tea time sets around would be fun.

cjkeats

Started watching OreImo for like the 3rd or 4th time in prep for Sunday, and now I can't hear anything but Azunyan now that I know.
Not sure if waifu is ruined or improved.
Oh dear.

Top Bottom