• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

cajunator

Banned
She's not very good at spreading her Jam. haha. Makes me hungry for toast though.

I have a solution for you

8b97d10131d6672119392a505a9665391320332738_full.jpg

It has now been basically one year since this thread has been posted to the shock of many other people. Let's hope we continue to talk about never ending girl's talk for years to come!
I'm afraid it has been relegated to the abyss of overpriced ebay goods.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-K-ON-YU...743?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab759872f

Well, considering that it was originally a pre-order bonus for the movie ticket, it's really the only way it could have gone.

MikeMyers

Yep, after S it's pretty much meh for me. STARS makes me hurt. PGSM is just full of so much hnngh.

Yeah, too much Chibiusa in Season 4. I like Fisheye though.

Also, in Budokai 3, I did Teen Gohan's storyline. When I was fighting Cell, I did a Kamehameha and he did one back, and I KO'd in a Kamehameha duel. Just like in the show haha.

Madao

in my 3 rewatches in 10 years, i always slow down big time in the SuperS part. no wonder since it seems to be the weakest part of all and i kinda lose interest there.

Sailor Stars is a bit odd. everything feels rushed and stuff is glanced over often. they also tried to cram too much into each ep and the eps suffered from that (in past seasons, when it was time for character developnet, they dedicated eps for that. in this part, they try to do it at the same time as the monster of the week. the result is monsters that are a joke and rushed development)

i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be rewatching some eps again so soon after my latest rewatch since i got the first half of the Sailor Moon manga and comparisons between the changes is gonna be inevitable.

Yeah, too much Chibiusa in Season 4. I like Fisheye though.

Also, in Budokai 3, I did Teen Gohan's storyline. When I was fighting Cell, I did a Kamehameha and he did one back, and I KO'd in a Kamehameha duel. Just like in the show haha.

That's kind of hot. Doesn't Gohan have an ultimate attack where Goku's spirit comes behind him to help in the Super Kamehameha?

Also, Love defeating Cell with Tien with the Shinkikoyu!

in my 3 rewatches in 10 years, i always slow down big time in the SuperS part. no wonder since it seems to be the weakest part of all and i kinda lose interest there.

Sailor Stars is a bit odd. everything feels rushed and stuff is glanced over often. they also tried to cram too much into each ep and the eps suffered from that (in past seasons, when it was time for character developnet, they dedicated eps for that. in this part, they try to do it at the same time as the monster of the week. the result is monsters that are a joke and rushed development)

i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be rewatching some eps again so soon after my latest rewatch since i got the first half of the Sailor Moon manga and comparisons between the changes is gonna be inevitable.

Not enough Mamo-chan in Stars! ;________;

It has now been basically one year since this thread has been posted to the shock of many other people. Let's hope we continue to talk about never ending girl's talk for years to come!

Ya know, it's interesting looking at the first few pages, and all the disbelievers thinking this thread wouldn't work. or die off fast. Kudos to all you guys that kept this wonderful thing going to this day, and well beyond <3

cjkeats

I second this, even if we wander off topic more often than not.
If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't post on GAF half as much. Hell I probably wouldn't have stuck around and went back to Giant Bomb.

MikeMyers

yeah it's called Father-Son Kamehameha.

Yeah, I bought all the Sailor Moon Manga, I'm gonna start that about next week - after I finish Rosario + Vampire.

Yeah S4 and S5 are mehish, but S1 - S3 are awesome. I hated the Mamoru break up arc in S2 though.

SM/PGSM and DB/DBZ I watch basically every year.

yeah it's called Father-Son Kamehameha.

Yeah, I bought all the Sailor Moon Manga, I'm gonna start that about next week - after I finish Rosario + Vampire.

Yeah S4 and S5 are mehish, but S1 - S3 are awesome. I hated the Mamoru break up arc in S2 though.

SM/PGSM and DB/DBZ I watch basically every year.

Thought I remembered that being in there. Budokai 3 is great. If I can ever find one of those cheap, like under 20, maybe I will get it again. Those animations were so good.

SM and DB, two classics, two of the bests. Two of my firsts too. I'll always have a soft spot for them.

Also happy to discover new things. I am loving Houkago, and I hope they release another game in the future.

MikeMyers

SM and DB, two classics, two of the bests. Two of my firsts too. I'll always have a soft spot for them.

Also happy to discover new things. I am loving Houkago, and I hope they release another game in the future.

Same, besides those two, I usually have on series that I haven't seen before going. Going through YYH, because I never finished it as a kid.

Manga I'm going through is Rosario + Vampire.

I don't like the BIG 3 much, I watch Bleach on Toonami but kinda gave up on it.

Also, did I mention I want to Prom as Mamoru?

Add me.

I've got nothing but its already amazing as you can see.

Added you!

Same, besides those two, I usually have on series that I haven't seen before going. Going through YYH, because I never finished it as a kid.

Manga I'm going through is Rosario + Vampire.

I don't like the BIG 3 much, I watch Bleach on Toonami but kinda gave up on it.

Also, did I mention I want to Prom as Mamoru?

Those were two of my firsts, and Ranma was my third! I hope you got my PM about it, and I really hope you give it a chance. The show is absolutely lovely.
Ranma-chan is so hot.

I have Netflix now, so I'm going to try Rosario soon!

You did tell me about the Prom, that was pretty awesome. :)

MikeMyers

Added you!

Those were two of my firsts, and Ranma was my third! I hope you got my PM about it, and I really hope you give it a chance. The show is absolutely lovely.
Ranma-chan is so hot.

I have Netflix now, so I'm going to try Rosario soon!

You did tell me about the Prom, that was pretty awesome. :)

Yeah I will watch Ramna during the summer when I got more time.

The Rosario anime is mostly fan service, but hey that is never a bad thing. The manga is more about plot.

Madao

having a childhood with Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball (complete and in order), Sailor Moon (complete), Ranma and Rurouni Kenshin all back to back is like golden heaven. the odds of all that awesomeness being so close are super low.

it is also the reason why i didn't watch any anime between 2001 (end of DBGT) until like 2007 when i got into Naruto and Bleach. i didn't find anything appealing in that time in my country (i guess they blew their load. also, i didn't check out Inuyasha initially and watched it in 2007 too.)

MikeMyers

having a childhood with Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball (complete and in order), Sailor Moon (complete), Ranma and Rurouni Kenshin all back to back is like golden heaven. the odds of all that awesomeness being so close are super low.

it is also the reason why i didn't watch any anime between 2001 (end of DBGT) until like 2007 when i got into Naruto and Bleach. i didn't find anything appealing in that time in my country (i guess they blew their load. also, i didn't check out Inuyasha initially and watched it in 2007 too.)

I loved InuYasha! A lot of internet anime fans hate it but forget them, big fan of that series.

Madao

I loved InuYasha! A lot of internet anime fans hate it but forget them, big fan of that series.

i got burned when i reached the end and learned it wasn't the real end. good thing the Final Act came and finished it because, otherwise, i would have ended up hating it. i almost caved and read the manga but the timing was fortunate because the final act came in 2009.

MikeMyers

i got burned when i reached the end and learned it wasn't the real end. good thing the Final Act came and finished it because, otherwise, i would have ended up hating it. i almost caved and read the manga but the timing was fortunate because the final act came in 2009.

Is the manga worth reading? I've been wondering about that for a while now.

I never watched much of Saint Seiya, Just Ronin Warriors. Haha. Good stuff though. You should also like MM know how awesome Ranma is! The OAVs are my favorite though.

Madao

Is the manga worth reading? I've been wondering about that for a while now.

i didn't read it so i can't comment. i just read a small part. it looked slow since it took several chapters to get stuff seen in some eps (no wonder the anime had so much filler)
i heard they cut some parts from it in the final act portion but i never checked.

I never watched much of Saint Seiya, Just Ronin Warriors. Haha. Good stuff though. You should also like MM know how awesome Ranma is! The OAVs are my favorite though.

i find that Saint Seiya benefitted from being the first one that took off in my country. it doesn't hold up nowadays compared to the other shows. there was just 1 good part.

the spanish opening we got was very silly too. it was from the europen spanish version i think and it was just a mash-up of scenes from the 3rd movie and a random ep. and the lyrics were very cheesy.

MikeMyers

i didn't read it so i can't comment. i just read a small part. it looked slow since it took several chapters to get stuff seen in some eps (no wonder the anime had so much filler)
i heard they cut some parts from it in the final act portion but i never checked.

Seriously, the manga is 56 volumes long, anime 193 episodes!

Still I want to check it out, I heard it goes more indepth with characters storylines.

That was a pre-order bonus? Christ. How much was the movie ticket itself?
6,550 yen, though really you were buying the toaster, with the advance tickets being the bonus.
I second this, even if we wander off topic more often than not.
If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't post on GAF half as much. Hell I probably wouldn't have stuck around and went back to Giant Bomb.
That would be awful!
I saw this for about 8000 yen at Broadway Mall. Screwed up, didn't buy it.

That sucks.

We're on the home stretch guys. Only 400 posts until we achieve |OT2|!

All these Kirino avvys make me dizzy. She's like the worst tsundere ever. Even if you were into imoutos she would be the worst imouto an onii-chan could possibly have. Ugh.

Top Bottom