• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Esura

Banned
I'm jealous. I only know English. Tried learning German and Spanish for years but I just couldn't stick with it.

I wanted to try and learn Japanese but that wouldn't do me any good beyond playing Japan only JRPGs.

0SVeC.gif

Emitan

My name is French~

I had to deal with some paperwork from Canada last week and my French is almost nonexistent. I used to be able to read it a bit, but not anymore.

Seems like only last summer I was translating French for my family in Paris and now I can't read it at all...

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I wanted to try and learn Japanese but that wouldn't do me any good beyond playing Japan only JRPGs.

I actually learned english while playing games and reading stuff on the net. I never too any classes or anything, and i am still learning somewhat. I remember playing snes rpgs, it was pretty amusing trying to get through some of them. Even the most basic stuff like, "Go north to find the forest" I had no idea what that meant, and just wandered around hoping stuff would happen.

It was even more funny when internet and came, and i started playing online games. I think my first interaction with people that only spoke english was Ultima Online, ah good times.

I really should have kept up with my Spanish studies from high school because I've probably forgot everything from it...
Good thing I live in Minnesota.

I remember I rented Diddy Kong Racing and it was in French so I learned some French just tring to play it.

I think you can set the language in that game...

Esura

Banned
I actually learned english while playing games and reading stuff on the net. I never too any classes or anything, and i am still learning somewhat. I remember playing snes rpgs, it was pretty amusing trying to get through some of them. Even the most basic stuff like, "Go north to find the forest" I had no idea what that meant, and just wandered around hoping stuff would happen.

It was even more funny when internet and came, and i started playing online games. I think my first interaction with people that only spoke english was Ultima Online, aah good times.

LOL wow that's amazing actually, learning just from games and stuff. Your English is better than many of my former classmates who were born here...which is pathetic on their part when you think about it.

Navigating through K-ON! Houkago Live's and Project DIVA's menus was a pain for me to say the least. Wandering aimlessly until I made it to the actual song lists.

EDIT: Yo quiero Taco Bell.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
LOL wow that's amazing actually, learning just from games and stuff. Your English is better than many of my former classmates who were born here...which is pathetic on their part when you think about it.

Navigating through K-ON! Houkago Live's and Project DIVA's menus was a pain for me to say the least. Wandering aimlessly until I made it to the actual song lists.

I would say that it's quite common in europe for people to be fluent in at least 2 languages, or more. Most americans seem to find that surprising/weird/cool.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Everyone who isn't a native English speaker needs to learn English.

You don't need to. But it sure helps so know as many languages as you can.

So I know what the hell you're talking about.

How about you learn french ?!

You are not fooling anyone.

I wish I was fluent in a second language. Should have continued Spanish. If I'm still in college next semester I'm starting Japanese so there's that...

I am in the process of learning japanese too! But it's really hard, hardest by far. Also doesn't help that i am getting old, takes more work to learn stuff. Wish i was young and in school still.

Emitan

It would help if French people could speak slowly instead of running everything together! I could never understand a word of spoken French.

I've always wondered why English became the dominant language in the world, but I guess it stems from the success of the British Empire and later the US.
How about you learn french ?!
Not a whole lot of opportunities to use French in the US, unless I go to French Canada, but who would want to do that?

Jintor

ケーオンガッフはおもしろいですね。。。

Emitan

What's wrong with France? I only met one rude person in France! It's like stereotypes aren't actually true or something!!

It would never work, the majority of posters on GAF are from the USA, and they hate France, and all countries or part of countries that happen to speak french like Switzerland.
I don't really hate the French. You know with their whole involvement with the US independence., but those machine guns they gave the dough boys in the first world war were inexcusable.
I knew that.

I wish people laughed at my witty remark though....:(

Kandrick beat you to the punch. Try again next time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Where are you all from anyway ?
In west Philadelphia born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Chillin' out, maxin', relaxing all cool, and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.
Not bad!

You could add "aller" though, "Ces GAFfers peuvent aller se faire enculer". That's how you would say it.
I was going on from memory of what Henry(?) told Domenech at the last World Cup. I didn't remember the aller lol.

Top Bottom