• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

cajunator

Banned
have you watched the second season yet cajun? i know my opinion of Azusa changed over the course of that.
incidentally there was an interview with the manga's editor recently who said that Asuza was deliberately introduced as a driving force to motivate the others as they were worried that the original 4 were too lazy, but then the story changed to became to be more about how they change her behaviour rather than the other way round. the power of HTT! also surprise surprise the mangaka had been a member of his school's light music club and spent most of his time lazing around rather than practising.

No I haven't watched season two.
I'm waiting for the BLurays.

Poyunch

aa1EJ.gif

Poor Azusa. Always being left behind.

Esura

Banned
But that's Yui, not Azusa. And now I'm reminded of all the K-ON! guro fan art...

...that's just fucked up. T_T

Yandere Yui looks cute though.

Ritsu and Mio: "Hey Yui-chan! We cleaned up the club room a bit and put Gittah over there."
Yui: "You did what to Gittah?"
Mio: "We moved it over there so it doesn't get in the way."
Yui: "You....touch my Gittah?"
Ritsu: "Yeah...is that ok?"
Yui: "Sure that's fine...lets go outside for a moment......"

Kazzy

Seeing as the only prevalent member of this thread that I see in the main anime thread is Chet (I think), I thought I may as well post my thoughts on K-ON in here, especially as I'm watching it for the first time.

K-ON 6!

It's taken me this long to realise that they attend an all-girl’s school, yep. And here we are at the zenith, the big live performance and it's pretty much over before it really begins, one song? ONE SONG! Sawako is beginning to creep me out now, what with the nurse and maid costumes amongst the outfits she had prepared for the gang, she has questionable motives.

It was a nice stylistic touch to portray the actual song via a music video, but it felt like they stole the moment away from the viewer somewhat. I mean, we’ve seen them practising and gradually improving, and you don’t even get to see them play! I was surprised their performance went off without a hitch though; I was fully expecting something to go horribly wrong to keep that whole thing going a little longer. But in fairness, I guess there was this:

Silly Mio. I'd wager that set sail on a thousand pieces of fan-art. I will be sad when Yui’s broken voice returns to normal in the next episode.

K-ON 7!

Well this all seems like a perfectly nice christmas par...oh my god! Sawako is a crazy-person! What a difference a couple of episodes make, she has suddenly transformed from a slightly offbeat adult influence to being a full on spinster. And on the subject of adults, I'm starting to find the lack of Yui's parents a little bit disconcerting; they don't really exist, do they? Who abandons their children on Christmas? A screenshot does not do justice as to just how sinister this scene feels without the offbeat singing that accompanies it.

This episode was so full of sentiment; I thought I'd have to use a spoon to get through it all. Maybe it was guilty of being saccharine with the Yui and Ui scenes, but it was still a nice couple of moments regardless. The compilation of Yui was funny mainly because that’s the same trap I often fall into; I hate the wasteland of boredom that exists between Christmas and New Years.

K-ON 8!

Worst.Recruitment.Drive.Ever.

Events are hurtling forward with this series, it’s when you realize that months have passed since the beginning of the series that it becomes apparent just how lazy/bad the light-music club is. It’s a little odd that they can’t at least inflate their club numbers at least a little bit by now, and judging by the other clubs that were being promoted, like tea-drinking (which they do anyway), the light music club sounds damn amazing in comparison. But they do manage at least to drum up a little interest, and then swiftly destroy that by appearing like this:

Maybe Mio should have fallen over again...

Well my complaint about their last concert seems to have been heeded here because we got a proper performance at last.

Best.Song.Titles.Ever.

I've read so many divisive things about the inclusion of Azusa that I'm not quite sure what to expect from her introduction. She seems okay so far, not that there is much to go off, basically a Mio-lite then, sans the ridiculous shyness.

What the hell, did Ui not join? Way to letdown the family...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Seeing as the only prevalent member of this thread that I see in the main anime thread is Chet (I think), I thought I may as well post my thoughts on K-ON in here, especially as I'm watching it for the first time.
AnimeGAF always welcomes K-ON! discussion. We talk about old animu just as much as new animu.

Kazzy

AnimeGAF always welcomes K-ON! discussion. We talk about old animu just as much as new animu.

Yeah, it was just suggested that I should probably post in here too, which makes sense. I've noticed that not everyone in here necessarily has a presence in the main thread, which is why I wanted to promote some discussion in here.

LayLa

K-ON 6!It was a nice stylistic touch to portray the actual song via a music video, but it felt like they stole the moment away from the viewer somewhat.

Totally agree with this, would have preferred to see them play. And it's not the last time this sort of thing happens as well :/
and i felt they really blew the final final concert as well, with all of Yui's intersong rambling. you'll never get to Budokan being so unprofessional on stage!

Poyunch

Totally agree with this, would have preferred to see them play. And it's not the last time this sort of thing happens as well :/
and i felt they really blew the final final concert as well, with all of Yui's intersong rambling. you'll never get to Budokan being so unprofessional on stage!

Yo dawg, give some context to your spoilers, the guy you're quoting isn't even done with Season 1.
I7nbu.gif

Esura

Banned
Ok, question.

Whats up with the *insert random title* GAF thing? I see people refer to other groups AnimeGAF, JapanGAF, EuroGAF, PokeGAF, DigiGAF and whatnot. Is that some thing here?

Ok, question.

Whats up with the *insert random title* GAF thing? I see people refer to other groups AnimeGAF, JapanGAF, EuroGAF, PokeGAF, DigiGAF and whatnot. Is that some thing here?
It comes from replace Neo- in NeoGAF with something.

Also explains -Age (from Gaming-Age).

Top Bottom