• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kagami

For game I have hard time moving eyes across screen fast when notes reach the end and continue other side.
Yeah that design bothered me too.
I guess it's supposed to be like reading sheet music, but if I were practicing from sheet music, I'd be able to pause and look ahead.

dluu13

I've never been able to play rhythm games properly :(

I can only play music when I've read through it and played through it so many times that I just do it.

frequency

Yeah that design bothered me too.
I guess it's supposed to be like reading sheet music, but if I were practicing from sheet music, I'd be able to pause and look ahead.

My TV is too big. Sheet I can see entire page no moving head.
But game is original for PSP so understandable design.

frequency

Keep going, there are other episodes centered around the Wakaba Girls.
I will!
... but 7th (?) replay now...

Toothpaste.

I don't know how to use Adhoc party because it's in Japanese ;~;

I don't know how Adhoc Party for HD Remaster. After making room, I don't know how to start game without exit Adhoc Party.

I can look if instructions to read tomorrow maybe.

Sega should make a sequel already. I like the music from the second season better too, so make it happen Sega!

More music I will buy!

I will!
... but 7th (?) replay now...

Toothpaste.

5qKol.jpg

Esura

Banned
If new characters include Azusa, Ui, Jun, then new is significantly better than original.
They aren't really new but...

...significantly better than original? I like Azusa and Ui and all but, I don't see how. They seem more subdued and boring compared to the tea time.

frequency

They aren't really new but...

...significantly better than original? I like Azusa and Ui and all but, I don't see how. They seem more subdued and boring compared to the tea time.

Significantly better for me. They seem more like real people than exaggerated anime characters. But I can understand why Yui and Ritsu are the most popular here and why most anime fans will prefer the original characters.

I really enjoy #5. I have replayed it many times. Every time I watch, I am very happy but I get a little sad at the end
when Yui bounces into the scene to get Azusa from the hall

Crazy and silly and random at maximum all the time is not my preference. I like K-ON more when it's "subdued and boring" than "LOOK HOW SILLY I AM". What I've seen, Jun is the perfect example of silly and funny without "being anime". Yui and Ritsu are such caricatures, it's hard to see them as anything other than anime characters. I understand if that's all you want from them though.

For me, there is no competition. Azusa, Ui, and Jun are in a completely different (higher) level than the original characters. They make #5 my favourite example of great character writing and interaction in any media.

Kaper

Crazy and silly and random at maximum all the time is not my preference. I like K-ON more when it's "subdued and boring" than "LOOK HOW SILLY I AM".

Have you seen Hyouka? It's Kyo-Ani's current project and sounds like something you would enjoy. The Classic Literature club solves mysteries in a very relaxed environment. The production value is sky high, like K-on!.

Poyunch

Jun and Ui are fine. It's the other girls that come in the manga that are kind of boring. The anime can probably make them more interesting though.

frequency

Have you seen Hyouka? It's Kyo-Ani's current project and sounds like something you would enjoy. The Classic Literature club solves mysteries in a very relaxed environment. The production value is sky high, like K-on!.

No I have not seen Hyouka. K-ON is my first anime in many years.

But thank you for recommendation. I will put it on list for consideration after I have finished K-ON.

I can see why you see Yui as unrealistic, but I'm not really seeing how Ritsu is any more unrealistic than say Jun. I only really feel the Hirasawa sisters are unrealistic in the way they seem to learn everything so easily.
Maybe I just grew up with different people, and with my favorite episode being #4, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

frequency

I can see why you see Yui as unrealistic, but I'm not really seeing how Ritsu is any more unrealistic than say Jun. I only really feel the Hirasawa sisters are unrealistic in the way they seem to learn everything so easily.
Maybe I just grew up with different people, and with my favorite episode being #4, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

It might just be her combination with Yui.
Thinking about episode
that she is jealous of Mio or extra episode when she thought love letter
, she is great. I think it's just when they have her be silly up to Yui's level that there is issue. The same is true for Ui. She is a great character with Azusa and Jun, but is less when Yui is involved.

I don't know if "unrealistic" is proper word. Tsumugi is not realistic at all but I love her. I think more "anime character". Too much silly and crazy for attempt humour.
Example, Yui can not work well in a "drama" show. But all the other characters can.

This is my best explanation. I don't expect changing opinion. Only for explain why I can say "significantly better" for me. Sorry if can not understand me. If not good enough then disregard me. Is how I feel.

My words not good enough so I say no more for topic. I don't like having defend preference feeling.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I don't know if "unrealistic" is proper word. Tsumugi is not realistic at all but I love her. I think more "anime character". Too much silly and crazy for attempt humour.
Example, Yui can not work well in a "drama" show. But all the other characters can.

You said the same thing in your previous posts on the subject, that they are "anime characters". What is that supposed to mean ? Aren't they all ?

I don't think "anime character" directly reference an over the top, ridiculous, moe-extreme, crazy personality!

Also Ritsu is awesome.

Mio and Ritsu are my favorite characters, and they're at their best when they're together. Just wait till you get to episodes 18 and 19.
tnXAN.gif

Esura

Banned
It might just be her combination with Yui.
Thinking about episode
that she is jealous of Mio or extra episode when she thought love letter
, she is great. I think it's just when they have her be silly up to Yui's level that there is issue. The same is true for Ui. She is a great character with Azusa and Jun, but is less when Yui is involved.

This is my best explanation. I don't expect changing opinion. Only for explain why I can say "significantly better" for me. Sorry if can not understand me. If not good enough then disregard me. Is how I feel.

My words not good enough so I say no more for topic. I don't like having defend preference feeling.
Well, you don't really have to defend like that, lol. I just wanted to know where you was coming from that's all. No disregarding, all love here. :p

Articalys

57c4W.png

edit: I'm terribly sorry, I have no idea how that got posted. Hand must have slipped while the cursor was over the "new reply" button. Funny thing.

Articalys

At any rate, doesn't K-On have an incredibly wide variety of costuming? It's nice to see compared to other high school series where the lead characters only ever wear their uniforms.

dluu13

At any rate, doesn't K-On have an incredibly wide variety of costuming? It's nice to see compared to other high school series where the lead characters only ever wear their uniforms.

oh yeah, they have all these interesting t-shirts. I wish I had all those cool t-shirts. Ritsu has this one with a water faucet on it. That was cool.

Yes, beyond their uniforms they never seem to wear the same thing twice. Hell they don't even wear the same swimsuit twice
except for Azusa for some reason, she wears the same pink onesie that Pounch seems to hate.
Mio dresses up as Greedo and they see who shoots first.
XHg0h.gif

Top Bottom