• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

ibbJuezhz7WTWX.gif

the sun finally came out today.

Well that's the Pacific Northwest for you. And it has been pretty much raining a lot the past month or so here, but this week has just been hot and miserable.

Kazzy

I'm currently experiencing the British summer at it's best, where the weather only continues to get worse, so flooding followed by stifling humidity. The absolute worst of all conditions!

Nice pickup ! Did they come as set or separate ?

They came in separate boxes, but they were being sold together. It wouldn't feel right to have one and not the other.
There's also a pair of Mugi and Yui with them dressed like they were in episode 14. Seeing these almost makes want to get those too.

Esura

Banned
Mio got some nice thighs in that statue.

Chet is making me jealous with all those statues. I got no room for that stuff. My games take up all my space as is, lol.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Yeah, there are more Ui figures, as he already has a Ui nendoroid. But for Jun it's pretty much that beach one and nothing else.

Yeah, i think i saw some other figure of Jun in the past, i actually can't remember,but i am sure i saw a figure of her that was not the beach queen version. She is just not that popular i guess, for them to make figures of her.

Jun having only one appearance in the first season probably didn't help much.
Though I can't think of many figures of Sawako, or Nodoka.

Kazzy

EDIT: Wait, I posted yesterday so it hasn't been awhile. It felt like ages though. Persona 4 does that to ya. :)

It really does, but there's no shame in that.

You know, I could sit here in bemused at the clamouring over all these models, but if there was a Yosuke one, I'd totally be all over it.

If there is one, please don't make me aware of it.

Edit: Ah, didn't realize you were responsible for drawing all your avatars, Chet. Impressive.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I have some extra money to spend, and i was looking for some K-On related items to buy. But i forgot how overpriced that stuff was.

duckroll

You know what? K-On kinda sucks. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but it's true. It's a boring show about a bunch of girls being cute and having fun while kinda-sorta making music (which isn't even really good) without there being any sort of actual dramatic arc or purpose. Shouldn't artists have higher goals and ambitions rather than to just chill out and be happy? They should think of how they can contribute to the world. Instead they just don't care. Maybe that's how they are, but should such a viewpoint be encouraged and glorified? Probably not.

I think Kyoto Animation should really show that they care about their responsibility to the state of society, and work on a K-On follow up showing the girls as middle-age women who have made something of themselves and are contributing to society. It is the only way they can make up for their crimes.

P.S. The girls look like chipmunks. Ugh!

Top Bottom