• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Xzeon

Banned
wasnt
the part where Azu Nyan is sitting on the bench in the music room, and they perform, and she tears up a bit and stands and claps the exact same thing that happened in the show with the same song and everything?

Erigu

whats the time line of events then in canon with the show, then exactly.
I think it's:

K-on! episodes 1 to 14
K-on!! episodes 1 to 13
K-on!! episode 27
K-on!! episodes 14 to 21
K-on!! episode 25
K-on!! episode 22
K-on!! episode 26
Eiga K-on!
K-on!! episode 23 / Eiga K-on!
K-on!! episode 24 / Eiga K-on!

(not 100% sure about whether or not episode 26 takes place before the movie, off the top of my head)

Xzeon

Banned
I think it's:

K-on! episodes 1 to 14
K-on!! episodes 1 to 13
K-on!! episode 27
K-on!! episodes 14 to 21
K-on!! episode 25
K-on!! episode 22
K-on!! episode 26
Eiga K-on!
K-on!! episode 23 / Eiga K-on!
K-on!! episode 24 / Eiga K-on!

(not 100% sure about whether or not episode 26 takes place before the movie, off the top of my head)

oh, i meant like, whats the timeline for the ending scene in the movie in context of the show lol, but this is interesting too.

theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen, ok, so like whats the time line of events then in canon with the show, then exactly.

Se there are 3 time lines:
the Adult timeline, which is what K-ON!! is in
The Child timeline, which is what the Movie falls in
and the Failed timeline, whcih is if Ritsu, Mugi and Mio didn't get Yui to join the club, which leads into K-ON! A Yui to the Past, K-ON! Yui's Awakening, and K-ON! 2: Adventure of Yui.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Se there are 3 time lines:
the Adult timeline, which is what K-ON!! is in
The Child timeline, which is what the Movie falls in
and the Failed timeline, whcih is if Ritsu, Mugi and Mio didn't get Yui to join the club, which leads into K-ON! A Yui to the Past, K-ON! Yui's Awakening, and K-ON! 2: Adventure of Yui.

Go work for Kyoto Animation, then we will never ran out of K-On to watch!

Jintor

It makes me think of that fucking doujin where everyone lives shitty unfulfilled adult lives (except for Yui who dies of a drug overdose)

god, so depressing

Sawa-chan needs Yui's ashes to restore her youth.

Go work for Kyoto Animation, then we will never ran out of K-On to watch!
ayuitothepastj1bgn.png

I wasted far to much time on this, and now I just have to keep going...
I just realised I never finished watching S2, and also, there were all these OVAs I hadn't seen.
There's only one OVA per season. It's just season 2's last few episodes are set before episode 24. I guess they didn't want to end the show on such a sad ending.

Kazzy

It makes me think of that fucking doujin where everyone lives shitty unfulfilled adult lives (except for Yui who dies of a drug overdose)

god, so depressing

Ah, we're back to that again. But I don't know about it being depressing; it just raised a decent laugh. It seems far too overblown to carry any edge to it.

K-ON! seems like it would be worthy of a decent deconstruction, but that's just not it.

ayuitothepastj1bgn.png

Ha!

Though,what's the link to...Link?

Xzeon

Banned
ayuitothepastj1bgn.png

There's only one OVA per season. It's just season 2's last few episodes are set before episode 24. I guess they didn't want to end the show on such a sad ending.

The ending of the show wasnt the real ending?

aaaaah now its even more mixed up oh god.

whatever, that last ep was so fucking sad but i loved it and it is the true ending to me.

and like, ill just assume they
just cut that one scene out of the show and played it in the movie just to let people know how the timeline plays out, and isnt happening a second time, but is just like showing the same event so the flow of the movie isnt fucked and so it has a good ending.

but yeah, had no idea bout this episode order business, it all seemed fine to me when I watched it just in release date order.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

god, so depressing

What did you made me read =/

Oh god I was joking when I said I want more K-On :(

but yeah, had no idea bout this episode order business, it all seemed fine to me when I watched it just in release date order.

Episode 24 is the graduation.
Episode 25 takes place after episode 21
Episode 26 is before episode 23
and the OVA Keikaku! takes place shortly before episode 14.

Xzeon

Banned
Episode 24 is the graduation.
Episode 25 takes place after episode 21
Episode 26 is before episode 23
and the OVA Keikaku! takes place shortly before episode 14.

its been forever since i watched all the eps, its all a big blur of one long episode p much at this point.

one big blur of kawaii.

remember when Mio rolled on the ground like Sonic at the end of the track race through the city ep.

someone should find me a gif of that.

Xzeon

Banned
Almost willing to bet that it's probably somewhere in the previous 40something pages.

ok

lets go look.

It's better to compare pairings.
Obviously this goes to Mio x Ritsu.

Ritsu x Mio
cc15u.gif

Ritsu x Yui
DsApD.gif

Ritsu x Mugi
OSBUz.gif

Yui x Azunyan
QomiA.gif

Ritsu is a constant...

Everyone babies her.
o2gAN.gif

But first, I must take your measurements!

If you've ever had long hair, you'd know it gets everywhere when you swim. That's why all the girl's pull up their hair when they go swimming, even Yui.
JgHnTl.jpg

It's episode 13 in the second season. It's where
Azusa keeps falling asleep and having really weird dreams
Sxk33l.jpg

I REMEMBER EVERYTHING.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh there it is.

thanx.

Xzeon

Banned
gonna have dis avatar for a while.

also someone explained to me the ending thing i was confused about.

apparently the movie is like an extended cut version of that ep so, i think i have a grasp on the situation.

Xzeon

Banned
The subs are accurate there. You can clearly hear them slurring Azu- into the sentences they are speaking.

Ye I heard it too.

i said 'according to the subs' so like, if i was wrong i could be like 'bu bu bu it was the subs guys, the subs are wrong not me.'

it was a good plan.

Kazzy

Now that I've (spectacularly) failed to round off the series before the movie was released, I can finally rest easy, but I'm just happy to have some sort of viewing routine again.

K-ON 12

What a bizarre opening, but Mugi's eyebrows have always been a gag waiting to happen!

So, Yui becomes ill and puts the performance in jeopardy, talk about deja-vu. And I'm starting to think that Ui is showing signs of being a stalker towards her sister, dressing up as her is very freudian after all. Like Sawako, it seems she is having a similar trajectory of being introduced as hyper-compotent, before having the mask slip somewhat. I am hoping that they play with this more, as it seems kind of odd that she is increasingly in awe of Yui, for it to just go unaddressed.

And maybe this is just because it's the first time I've been exposed to it, but I found the animation of the their mouth's during the performance to be really odd.

daGVh.jpg

K-ON! in microcosm.

K-ON 13

Can it really be classed as filler when more happens than in a regular episode? Between Mio trying to find inspiration, Mugi striking out in the world, and Ritsu facing a romantic crisis, Yui trying to create a marshmellow dish and Azusa looking after a kitten seem kind of humdrum in comparison.

I've always liked Ritsu, but its easy to for a character to be likeable when they assume the role of comedy relief, so like the earlier episode, its nice to see her getting a little serious once in a while. And finally, Mugi is at least getting some shine, however cursory.

vD2W1.jpg

Oh look, it's Yui Ritsu.

When I consider what the actual episode turned out to be, the intro is amazingly melancholy. It had a great tone about it, say what you will about K-ON!, but it can really elicit a response when it wants to. It reminds me of a similar reaction I had to the fireworks scene in an earlier episode, which I seem to remember also used its music to great effect.

Do these extra episodes bear any similarities to the manga itself, or is this just KyoAni flexing their creativity?

LayLa

Episode 13 is not based on the manga in any way, and imo all the better for it. The best S2 episodes are non-manga derived as well.

Do these extra episodes bear any similarities to the manga itself, or is this just KyoAni flexing their creativity?

ON4ro.png

But yeah, the anime tends to make things more cohesive and than it's gag-y manga counterpart. Like the whole Yui forgetting her instrument in episode 12 was added into the anime to make it more of a complete ending.

Articalys

K-On Movie BD Limited Edition -- 96,430
K-On Movie BD Regular Edition -- 2,952
K-On Movie DVD Limited Edition -- 28,029
K-On Movie DVD Regular Edition -- 12,895

So that's 140,306 total first week sales.

Top Bottom