• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Jintor

So I was thinking about this... how many girls do any of you know actually have hair that goes beyond waist length? I only know one. Like... of all the people in the world I know... one has hair that goes beyond waist length. It's just not manageable otherwise.

Admittedly that outlier has Godvia tier hair, so it's kind of weird. But Mio and Mugi have pretty bloody long hair.

I figured so, just didn't want to assume to much.
WGGuu.gif

So I was thinking about this... how many girls do any of you know actually have hair that goes beyond waist length? I only know one. Like... of all the people in the world I know... one has hair that goes beyond waist length. It's just not manageable otherwise.

Admittedly that outlier has Godvia tier hair, so it's kind of weird. But Mio and Mugi have pretty bloody long hair.
I do see some people with really long hair, but they tend to be younger people, but it's a shame, I love long hair.
Don't forget Azusa, she has long hair too.
The manga seems super pervy lol.

Glad the anime is more clean and cutesy.
It's not really that bad, I was just cherry-picking examples, but it is less classy than the anime.

Jintor

The movie did a really good job of realistically making me feel as though I was watching a bunch of japanese students bumble through a western society, reminded me of all the times girls came to my school on exchange or whatever. (It was the japanese-spoken english... I have no idea how they're going to dub that, lol... will probably just ignore it)

Anyway, I watched through the rest of S2 last night. Seriously, it's really quite something how differently shot K-on is to other slice-of lifes, especially in S2. A lot of weird camera angles that nevertheless manage to contribute to something bittersweet and melancholic.

I guess I'll always be a sucker for a good graduation piece.

Kazzy

The movie did a really good job of realistically making me feel as though I was watching a bunch of japanese students bumble through a western society,

Anyway, I watched through the rest of S2 last night. Seriously, it's really quite something how differently shot K-on is to other slice-of lifes. A lot of weird camera angles that nevertheless manage to contribute to something bittersweet and melancholic.

I have similar praise for it in general, having just finished the first season only yesterday. Everyone jokes about nothing happens, but to the contrary, I think a surprising amount does occur. It's just that with a lack of any sort of real conflict, not much happens around the characters themselves, making it easy for people to label it as 'boring'.I think that just speaks as to why it does work so well, with it's characters defining the situations, rather than the opposite

I thought I had already posted it, but I expressed a similar sentiment much more effectively in that episode 14 review, so I'll dig that up when I'm sat in front of my computer.

The fact that the show has no major overarching conflict is what I love the most about the show. The show also makes the characters feel like they really are highschool kids just hanging out and having fun.
oPguY.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm listening to Sweet Bitter Beauty Song and it really is kind of a shitty song. :I I guess they had to balance out the awesomeness from Don't Say Lazy in the same disc.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The songs used in the show are usually better than any of the character image songs and such.
Though I love Girls in Wonderland.
The image songs sound like overdone studio crap. You may not like the brand of music HTT plays, but at least they managed to make the songs sound like amateur garage band shit and I love them for that.

edit: Yui singing sounds like a Chipette though. :I

I suppose that's one way to put it, lol. One of the things in the manga that they stress a lot more than they do in the anime is that they aren't very good.

And yeah, I don't get why they don't just let Mugi sing. You know, the one that originally wanted to join the choir club. Being busy playing the keyboard is a lousy excuse.
If I'm going to rate them based on singing voice, I'd go.
Mio>Nodoka>Mugi>Ritsu>Sawako>Jun>Azusa>Ui>Ui's Organ>>Yui.

Oh yes, that's an awesome song too. While on the subject of K-ON! music, my favorite song now has to be the credits song from the movie. So good.

Jintor

Honestly, I enjoyed the K-On movie more than I enjoyed Dark Knight Rises which I just got out of. Man, I don't know what that says about me.

Xzeon

Banned
Honestly, I enjoyed the K-On movie more than I enjoyed Dark Knight Rises which I just got out of. Man, I don't know what that says about me.

well, like, the Joker was gonna be impossible to top, the amount of hype after TDK was just insane. There was no way Rises was gonna live up to all that hype, especially since it had the job of ending the series as well, making it even harder to satisfy everyone's expectations.

now the K-on movie... was just 1 super long episode, it was exactly like the show and thats all the fans wanted, thats all it needed to be.

Well, it's not like Dark Knight Rises was all that great. While the K-ON! movie is like one of,or is, the best movie I have seen in a long time.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
K-On! The movie is the first movie i have watched in a long time. I don't remember the last one i watched actually. Also the last time i went to a cinema was for LOTR.

But this one is sooo awesome.

Poyunch

We should watch that on PokeGAF. I was planning on watching it but then I forgot the name of it and then I asked AnimeGAF and I was reminded of the name but now I'm too lazy to watch it myself.

Also Ichiban Ippai is the best song in the K-on Movie (followed by
the Death Devil song
). The sidestep dance they do during that song totally moes me out.

dluu13

We should watch that on PokeGAF. I was planning on watching it but then I forgot the name of it and then I asked AnimeGAF and I was reminded of the name but now I'm too lazy to watch it myself.

the Death Devil song

The part that gets me is when Yui is pulling Azusa back and she lets go and turns around and goes "ahh"

More like Finding Nemo featuring breakdancing dinosaurs. WATCH IT
I love dinosaurs, so I plan to. The little Ankylosaur is cute.
the Death Devil song
To bad it's sung by Yui.
If you notice during the opening they have a recreation of the points where Yui gets dragged into the club and Azusa gets "captured" by Ritsu.
Azu-cat is so cruel.

So...
Is that good or mediocre?
Cilux.gif

It did better than any single volume of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, I believe.

I guess this is the closest I'm ever going to get to a real avatar out of you, isn't it? I'm taking it. If you don't like it, draw me an avatar-ish avatar.

Azu-cat is so cruel.

Azunyan tells it like it is. She doesn't sugar-coat shit.

Hnnnnnnnnngh

I'm listening to Sweet Bitter Beauty Song and it really is kind of a shitty song. :I I guess they had to balance out the awesomeness from Don't Say Lazy in the same disc.

Heretic. Sweet Bitter Beauty Song is awesome. Repent and I may yet forgive you!

My favorite songs are No, Thank You! and Singing!, the ED2 from S2 and the movie respectively.

ANpt9.png

So I was thinking about watching this.

It's basically like MLP, right?
Eh, when MLP is a kid show that also appeals to an older audience, K-ON! is a seinen anime that also appeals to young girls, if that makes any sense... Essentially K-ON! is a show about regular cute girls doing cute things. It doesn't try to teach kids life lessons or anything like that.

3W6qb.gif

Also I got my shirt today:

JtCsu.jpg
I love the look of that shirt.

Top Bottom