• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
3W6qb.gif

Xzeon

Banned
ANpt9.png

Eh, when MLP is a kid show that also appeals to an older audience, K-ON! is a seinen anime that also appeals to young girls, if that makes any sense... Essentially K-ON! is a show about regular cute girls doing cute things. It doesn't try to teach kids life lessons or anything like that.

3W6qb.gif

I love the look of that shirt.

Ritsu became happier, is that from an ep? i dont remember.

That Yui shirt looks so moe-tiful.

kawaii-tastic.

need to find an anime con to wear it to now.

Kazzy

K-ON! 14

I'm starting to see where the the opinion, that the original episodes are better comes from, particuarly here. Even though episode 12 could be classed as the closing episode of the first season, I feel that this draws a much more comprehensive line under the proceedings. The school concert was certainly more reflective (at least in the case of Yui), but I felt that this was altogether more sastifying as a spectacle.

The prospect of their first genuine performance defenitely gave it the air of a proper finale, and I appreciate that they continually looked to bumble their way through the night. It was a nice touch that made sense, especially as this is the first time they have performed outside of their comfort zone, essentially having got by until now, as big fish in a small pond.

A slight bugbear of mine up until this point, had been that the show was all too aware of how unlikely that the band's ability seemed (something which Yui mentions at the beginning of the series). And It was conspicuous, precisely because you are are beaten over the head with the fact that the light-music club pretty much get nothing done, for the most part. Yet, they somehow manage to rise to the occasion. That kind of plausible deniability reminds of Haruhi, which simply made mention of many pre-existing tropes, seemingly so it could just invoke them, regardless. But I digress, as it was nice to see this episode actually reference it.

vYpOu.jpg

I guess that means that I've finally reached the fabled land of series 2.

As a finale, I also just thought it worked better in pulling together the whole cast. The school performance felt like a backdrop for Yui's story, but this felt like it incoprporate the collective group much more effectively. Mio's realiziation that they have all grown since they all came together was a nice encapsulation of this, and actually serves to (neatly) underline the events of the series .

Maybe this is a pointless endeavour, but I fail to understand why some try to undermine the series by calling it...er, pointless. I can see why some wouldn't like it, but its far from aimless, and it's the interaction of the characters that renders almost all of that irrelevant. I'm doubt I'm saying anything new here, but I just wanted to express why it is that I have ended up liking this series so much. It simply establishes a breezy pace, and from then on you are left to inhabit the world of the characters.

The anime is kinda weird in the fact that they play really well, but afterwards the characters say they suck at it, something that the manga never really had to deal with. But yes, the Live house episode is a much better ending to the first season than the second year school festival episode was.

They tend to do, especially in the 2nd season, which it's probably better for it, even if it is a tad unrealistic. The manga tends to bring it up a lot more.
GQdB5.png

This is a scene right after the second school festival

Articalys

Something of interest to you all from Sentai Filmworks' Otakon panel, from the Q&A:
11:03:57 <bay|Ota|Sentai> Q: Looking into K-on movie?
11:04:00 <bay|Ota|Sentai> A: Neither confirm or deny
11:04:10 <bay|Ota|Sentai> We look at everything
11:04:12 <bay|Ota|Sentai> let's put it that way
11:04:17 <bay|Ota|Sentai> we can't of course license everything that comes out
11:04:25 <bay|Ota|Sentai> and k-on is a popular title, and it's something we're interested in
11:04:33 <bay|Ota|Sentai> i'd love to get the first season but bandai is still releasing it

Xzeon

Banned
It's from episode 25 in K-ON!! where they're trying to make a recruitment video for the club.

oooooooooooook

I watched 2.25 episodes of MLP. I think that's enough for me.

at least you tried, thats all i can ask.

They tend to do, especially in the 2nd season, which it's probably better for it, even if it is a tad unrealistic. The manga tends to bring it up a lot more.
GQdB5.png

This is a scene right after the second school festival

im biased having seen the anime first, but the softer and cleaner look to the show is better than the art of the manga. Mios eyes look mean and dead, and everything looks sharp and intense, it just looks off.

also i found this:

tumblr_m7xyddoMVY1r7m2kvo1_500.png

Colonel Sanders says: put some damn clothes on and buy his food.

Jeez, what a non-answer Colonel, you just don't want to upset anyone. We all know you got your eyes on dat Yui.

im biased having seen the anime first, but the softer and cleaner look to the show is better than the art of the manga. Mios eyes look mean and dead, and everything looks sharp and intense, it just looks off.

I'd agree that I like the anime art more, but I think Kakifly's art can be good at times.

I'm still debating whether or not to watch this. On one hand I watch Yuru Yuri which I'm told is similar to this but I prefer Yuru Yuri's art style over K-On (from what I've seen) which is what's keeping me back so far.

It's a dilemma to be sure...
Atleast to me it is, shutup

Kazzy

I'm still debating whether or not to watch this. On one hand I watch Yuru Yuri which I'm told is similar to this but I prefer Yuru Yuri's art style over K-On (from what I've seen) which is what's keeping me back so far.

Atleast to me it is, shut-up

Sure it is....

Just make sure to pop yourself on over to AnimeGAF, if only to make sure you get an equally biased opinion on both sides of the spectrum!

Personally, I found Yuri Yuri to be very scatter-shot, its dedicated to its comedy, but that's all it has. Unfortunately, that was one aspect that never really hit home for me.

K-ON! is just much more earnest and likeable, in my opinion.

Well, I haven't started watching YuriYuri yet, so I'm not really sure how similar they really are. Billiechu likes both shows, so she could probably be more of help.
If you like cute girls doing cute things, there's not much reason you wouldn't like K-ON! Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how the two styles are really all that much different from each other, but I can't really force you to think otherwise. K-ON! is cute, well animated and really fun to watch.

Emitan

K-On! is the better show. YuruYuri is solely focused on comedy and if you don't like the comedy it doesn't do as much for you. But as a lesbian I love cute lesbians doing cute lesbian things and the humor hits enough marks for me to stay interested.

Esura

Banned
K-On! is the better show. YuruYuri is solely focused on comedy and if you don't like the comedy it doesn't do as much for you. But as a lesbian I love cute lesbians doing cute lesbian things and the humor hits enough marks for me to stay interested.
8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

So....it's called YuruYuri no?

I got something to watch after work now.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I meant to go back and check Yuru Yuri, i watched a few episodes of the first season when it aired, but it didn't grab me. But to be honest, i actually don't remember why.

You should definitely check K-On!. Starting with the first season. Check the first few episodes and you'll quickly know if you like it or not.

You should definitely check K-On. Starting with the first season. Check the first few episodes and you'll quickly know if you like or not.

At least up to episode 4. That's when the show really clicked with me and continued to be awesome. The run of episodes 4 5 and 6 are the best of season 1, and season 2 just gets even more awesome!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Last anime I watched was the dub of Panty and Stocking which was a minute ago. Been playing Persona games for the longest and now I finished FES and 4 I need some slice of life in my life.

Just noticed the tits as you posted it. Swear, I actually thought that was Azunyan. :(

Esura

Banned
I actually spent less time on FES than P4. I finished P4 first and put about 110 hours in it and only put like 80 in FES. I thought FES was supposed to be longer, lol. Either way, shit you not I beat both within the last week of June til July 30th. I spent all my free time after work doing my 'sona thing.

I wish they made a K-ON! Arena fighter.

tsk tsk
Real K-ON! fans can tell the girls apart by eyes alone!
jSJTt.gif

My eyes are reserved for Yui, Ui, and Mugi only. :p

Top Bottom