• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Emitan

xAgUISA.jpg

It would be a spin off series because it would not be based on whatever the source material is. That also means we don't have to worry about not having enough source material.

I would also settle for 452 episodes if 500 is a little too much.

I would also prefer it to be live action.
Well, that would be more of a side story than a spin off. A spin off would be like Jun staring in her own show with new characters.

I'm not sure if live action would really work for the show, but have you seen the K-ON! Live Concert: Let's Go!? It's a live performance of the songs from the show sung by the voice actors on stage. I think you would love to watch that.
Yoko Hikasa even learned how to play the bass left handed!
Too bad at this time, the other members went to college and died in a terrible accident involving binge-drinking and a cell phone. Since only Azunyan is still alive, the show can only be about her.
Always so morbid...
yaaaay

1htzJlA.jpg

Oh and the K-On movie also came in!
Awesome! Now you have them all! Can't wait to see them out of the box!
Cross post:

So, if any of you are interested, I made a new video on Youtube where I talk for a bit then paint in super fast forward so you don't have to watch for 2 hours. It's about 22 minutes long if you all want to see what I do with a lot of my spare time.

Here is the link.

I don't care what you say, but your paintings are incredible. Keep it up!

frequency

Lightning is great and the majority of people who speak negatively of FFXIII and Lightning have never even played the game. It's just the way NeoGAF (and most of the internet) works. Everyone likes to repeat "popular" opinion as if it were their own. It's easier than thinking for yourself.

LayLa

Lightning is great and the majority of people who speak negatively of FFXIII and Lightning have never even played the game. It's just the way NeoGAF (and most of the internet) works. Everyone likes to repeat "popular" opinion as if it were their own. It's easier than thinking for yourself.

i played 15 hours of FFXIII and hated it, pretty sure that's my own opinion :(
trying to think of something positive to say .... it wasn't as bad as Heavy Rain? that's the best i can manage, sorry :/

Emitan

I agree. The first time I played XIII I gave up because everyone was so negative so I couldn't enjoy it. When I tried it again I had a lot more fun because I could think for myself.

I actually managed to beat FFXIII, one of the few Final Fantasy games I have beaten, and I didn't really care for it too much.
Though I really don't understand the hate for Lightning as a character.
Well, outside of her dumb name, her supposed real name was so much better.

Stark

Banned
i played 15 hours of FFXIII and hated it, pretty sure that's my own opinion :(
trying to think of something positive to say .... it wasn't as bad as Heavy Rain? that's the best i can manage, sorry :/

More to the point, can they be anymore insulting in that thread?

I actually managed to beat FFXIII, one of the few Final Fantasy games I have beaten, and I didn't really care for it too much.
Though I really don't understand the hate for Lightning as a character.
Well, outside of her dumb name, her supposed real name was so much better.

I managed to finish it too. Wasn't great but It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Lighting was a pretty good character in my opinion, and pink hair is a plus :p

What was her 'supposed' real name?

Stark

Banned
I managed to finish it too. Wasn't great but It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Lighting was a pretty good character in my opinion, and pink hair is a plus :p

What was her 'supposed' real name?

I saw many Gasai Yuno's at the convention I went to this weekend.

They were out to kill.

frequency

I don't mean that everyone who didn't like FFXIII never played it. I just mean that the majority of people in threads making fun of the game or insulting Square Enix or whatever have never played the game.

This is true of like... everything. A very large percent of games that you constantly hear about being terrible are constantly being preached as being terrible by people who have never played the game. Another example of this is Biohazard/Resident Evil 6.

Hating a game or console or whatever that "everyone" else hates makes you feel like you fit in.

cajunator

Banned
Well, that would be more of a side story than a spin off. A spin off would be like Jun staring in her own show with new characters.

I'm not sure if live action would really work for the show, but have you seen the K-ON! Live Concert: Let's Go!? It's a live performance of the songs from the show sung by the voice actors on stage. I think you would love to watch that.
Yoko Hikasa even learned how to play the bass left handed!

Always so morbid...

Awesome! Now you have them all! Can't wait to see them out of the box!

I don't care what you say, but your paintings are incredible. Keep it up!

Just wait until I have not only these displayed, but the death devil figures too!
Its gonna be so glorious.

Eclair.

Pastry > Weather

Theres only one Eclair that matters.
Eclair.jpg

I don't mean that everyone who didn't like FFXIII never played it. I just mean that the majority of people in threads making fun of the game or insulting Square Enix or whatever have never played the game.

This is true of like... everything. A very large percent of games that you constantly hear about being terrible are constantly being preached as being terrible by people who have never played the game. Another example of this is Biohazard/Resident Evil 6.

Hating a game or console or whatever that "everyone" else hates makes you feel like you fit in.
Oh, that's pretty true. Even with K-ON! the vast majority of the hate it gets is from people who have never seen it.
People like to judge books by their cover, and people find it easier to voice their opinion when there are others that have the same feelings as them.
Thank ye! ^_^

You're welcome!

Nobody likes Lightning except a few of us. :(

Wait, what? There's people who genuinely like Lightning?

Your theory is stupid. I finished both FFXIII and FFXIII-2. Lightning is shit. She's a boring character, her tough act gets old, her character design is basically female Cloud, and quite frankly her imouto has a million times more personality than she does (as seen in FFXIII-2). As the supposed female lead in FFXIII, she's dramatically upstaged in her own game by Fang and Vanille.

Just wait until I have not only these displayed, but the death devil figures too!
Its gonna be so glorious.
To say I'm not jealous would be gross understatement.
Actuallly, Eclair is also french for lightning. ;)
That's true, I guess as a native English speaker having a character named Lightning just bugs me. At least I can kinda see Cloud and Squall being names, but Lightning, not so much...
It would be like someone over here creating a character named Tsunami. Someone in Japan would probably think that would be incredibly dumb, and rightfully so.
[Lightning]'s dramatically upstaged in her own game by Fang and Vanille.

God no. Vanille and Fang are the worst part of XIII's story.

Suisei no Gargantia 4:

The specific timeframe of the story is not specified, but it has to occur quite far in the future since humans have abandoned the Earth after another Ice Age, mastered intersteller space travel, large-scale beam weaponry, and construction of artificial worlds on a massive scale. They also seem to have mastered total endless warfare with alien species. The universe that Ledo left behind is as bleak and unforgiving as the universe of Warhammer 40,000.

Meanwhile, back on Earth, the humans who were left behind after the planet was abandoned by their spacefaring brethren have regressed to the point where they no longer have desalinization technology and rely on rainwater to obtain potable water. Side note: desalinization is a less complex and difficult process than recycling your own urine for drinking. If Kevin Costner had a device that could clean his own pee for him to drink, he could certainly have just used the seawater instead.

The story is pretty interesting as well so far, but the world itself is what fascinates me. This is what Waterworld could have been but spectacularly failed to be.

Top Bottom