• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

StayDead

Cosplay whoever you want, who cares what other people think. ^^

The only character I think I'd ever be able to cosplay as is Okarin as I'm tall, poor and he's got an easy costume to pull off :p

frequency

Wait, what? There's people who genuinely like Lightning?

Your theory is stupid. I finished both FFXIII and FFXIII-2. Lightning is shit. She's a boring character, her tough act gets old, her character design is basically female Cloud, and quite frankly her imouto has a million times more personality than she does (as seen in FFXIII-2). As the supposed female lead in FFXIII, she's dramatically upstaged in her own game by Fang and Vanille.

That's fine. All opinions are valid. I also like Serah more than Lightning. She is one of the best female characters in video games. Strong and capable but still relatable. She is one of the only strong female characters that are still very girly. Many other strong female characters you could easily switch to being male and there would be no questions.

But anyway, I want to repeat that not everyone who dislikes Final Fantasy or Lightning hasn't played the game. It is a divisive game. I am saying that the extremely loud majority that insults the game every single time it comes up in every single thread do it without ever having played the game. And I am confident this is true because it is true for basically all things. Like Chet Rippo said, it also happens with K-ON. People will often read reviews or look at an opinion from a popular member or something and then take that as license to join in on the bashing though they have never experienced it themselves.

When I was in IRC more there was a member. I can't remember his name. He would refuse to watch K-ON and decided it was terrible even though he only ever watched 1 episode or something. I remember he made a deal that if someone else watched some live action thing, he would try K-ON again. But soon after he seemed to disappear and never came back.

And I would not go into details because it can be embarrassing for the person but there is someone here that also decided a certain game was terrible and posted with everyone else saying it was terrible. But when they finally decided to try the game for more than 30 minutes, they found that they actually really enjoyed it.

Exceptions don't invalidate the theory.

Or maybe I'm just stupid.

Emitan

That's fine. All opinions are valid. I also like Serah more than Lightning. She is one of the best female characters in video games. Strong and capable but still relatable. She is one of the only strong female characters that are still very girly. Many other strong female characters you could easily switch to being male and there would be no questions.

But anyway, I want to repeat that not everyone who dislikes Final Fantasy or Lightning hasn't played the game. It is a divisive game. I am saying that the extremely loud majority that insults the game every single time it comes up in every single thread do it without ever having played the game. And I am confident this is true because it is true for basically all things. Like Chet Rippo said, it also happens with K-ON. People will often read reviews or look at an opinion from a popular member or something and then take that as license to join in on the bashing though they have never experienced it themselves.

When I was in IRC more there was a member. I can't remember his name. He would refuse to watch K-ON and decided it was terrible even though he only ever watched 1 episode or something. I remember he made a deal that if someone else watched some live action thing, he would try K-ON again. But soon after he seemed to disappear and never came back.

And I would not go into details because it can be embarrassing for the person but there is someone here that also decided a certain game was terrible and posted with everyone else saying it was terrible. But when they finally decided to try the game for more than 30 minutes, they found that they actually really enjoyed it.

It's very easy to get caught up in the moment and hate something. I used to hate FFXIII because other people ruined my own perception. I want to try being a better person and form my own opinions.

You're not stupid! You're writing way more intelligent posts than anything I've made :/

Cosplay as Ritsu instead.

zoaFI.gif

A big black guy walking around dressed as Ritsu would not go well in Baltimore

Uraizen

Banned
That's fine. All opinions are valid.

I hate RPGs, so I wasn't even going to give it a try. I ended up doing so as a joke and liked it. I mean, I didn't think it was great, just that it was good for an RPG. I enjoyed it, which is something I can't say for most others. At least I can say I didn't dump on it before playing it. I know a lot of people who dump on things all the time without giving them a fair try. *looks around* Hmm...

Yes, and there's of course the people who hate things based on their popularity.
Sounds like Wiseblade.
No way. You're not dumb.
zoaFI.gif

A big black guy walking around dressed as Ritsu would not go well in Baltimore
If anything, that would be even more awesome!
*looks around* Hmm...
I just like being contrarian.

It's important for you to realize here that my wording was specific and intentional. I was calling your theory stupid, because it was ill-considered and ignoring the millions of people who did play the game. I wasn't calling you stupid. I don't know anything about you nor would I presume to know, so doing anything beyond going after your extremely wrong theory is not something I would or could do. That's all really.

GAF is full of people who actually play the games they talk about, and incorrectly saying otherwise and blaming the nonexistent 'hivemind' is not something that's looked upon kindly. If you had posted the same thing on Gaming side there would be 10 pages ripping you apart in a few hours.

Suisei no Gargantia 7-8:

"Systems check?"
"Nominal. Status is green."
"Have you identified the plot turn coordinates?"
"Yes. Vector is confirmed and locked."
"Very well. Get ready for the plot to turn serious!"

frequency

It's important for you to realize here that my wording was specific and intentional. I was calling your theory stupid, because it was ill-considered and ignoring the millions of people who did play the game. I wasn't calling you stupid. I don't know anything about you nor would I presume to know, so doing anything beyond going after your extremely wrong theory is not something I would or could do. That's all really.

GAF is full of people who actually play the games they talk about, and incorrectly saying otherwise and blaming the nonexistent 'hivemind' is not something that's looked upon kindly. If you had posted the same thing on Gaming side there would be 10 pages ripping you apart in a few hours.

I still believe in my theory. And what I speak of is a real thing in philosophy. But continue calling my theories stupid if it makes you feel better.

I literally do not care if Gaming side wants to "rip me apart". I have actually posted about this same psychological phenomenon on gaming side on several occasions. NeoGAF spends 10 pages ripping apart whatever is popular to rip apart at that particular moment.

"please do not have any fun"

tumblr_mkdrsfDynf1qcisquo1_500.jpg

I still believe in my theory. And what I speak of is a real thing in philosophy. But continue calling my theories stupid if it makes you feel better.

I literally do not care if Gaming side wants to "rip me apart". I have actually posted about this same psychological phenomenon on gaming side on several occasions. NeoGAF spends 10 pages ripping apart whatever is popular to rip apart at that particular moment.

So you completely discount the possibility that everyone posting about this thing, whatever it may be, might actually might have thought about it and came to the same conclusion? Because if so, then I'm pretty much done here. Go ahead and believe whatever you want to believe.

Then be done. You're clearly not interested in actual discussion anyway. You did not read that article in the 2 minutes from when I posted it and when you responded. Especially because I made a mistake and linked the wrong language.

I saw the wrong language when I clicked on it, that's why I didn't read it. Hurr.

And I'm still not sure what you think you are discussing. You're saying everyone's a sheep, and I'm saying they're not. What is there to discuss?

#screwlondon

Oh yeah? Well, if Azunyan hadn't become a mecha pilot and saved the Earth, everyone would have died, including the other members of the group!

I'm still not sure why there isn't a mecha spinoff of K-ON yet. I guess the lack of success of Idolmaster Xenoglossia has put those glorious plans on ice. :(

It's totally safe. I think. The tests started to work with minimal brain damage after a while.
What if the part of my brain you damage is the Azusa love part?

Nah, the aliens ate Sawako. It was such a tragic opening for the first episode.
Wh-whaaaaat?! What what whawthahwtat

No you mean Sho Minamimoto
you are the first person

the first person to get this

omg what is this

Top Bottom