• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Zastie

Neo Member
You just gotta keep trying. It's taken me 15 years to get as good as I am (10 years since graduating art school) and I've still got some work to do to get better. I think I'll spend my entire life getting better, because it's what I love to do. ^_^

under_the_faded_sky_by_zastie-d5yqp4l.jpg

This is as good as I get, and this took days... Daaaays. MSPaint too strong. I try to draw something now and then, it just takes forever and looks only so-so.

K-On!! 6
i8uwcitM384DW.gif

Another episode focused around Yui and her guitar that didn't really go anywhere. Azusa is getting a little better, at the very least. She's actually contributing to something other than nagging, plus she's finally starting to stick out. Yui and Ui singing Amefuri was really adorable, they both have such nice voices... Oh, and Yui giving the Mio's bass a name and Mio sticking with it was so cute, <3333 Mio. Plus Jun somehow steals the scene whenever she's on screen this season. How weird.

It's so good. Such a great looking figure, especially for the price I paid($50).
PSrQO.gif

This episode is probably the most "manga" like episode in the whole season. I say that as it feels more 4koma like. Not really a bad thing mind you, but it's different than most other episodes in that regard.
Elizabasu~

CHET FORGOT TO REVIEW MY EPISODE REVIEW ;_;

EDIT: there it is

Yay!
How does her hat stay on?
What color are her panties?
Hooray!
By that, do you mean can you freely take it on and off? Yeah! It doesn't stick onto her head like an accessory but it actually hits like a hat, and it's really snug on there. It's a great figure. As for that last part, you're sick.
white

Attack on Titan 3-4:

Maybe I was a bit harsh on episodes 1 and 2. Nah.

Things get a lot better in these two episodes. Eren learns what it's like to be Johnnie Rico and go through boot camp to become a soldier and fight the Bugs Titans. He's improved a lot as a character in just a few years of time, he's more mature and more interesting now. He's also magically not a loser now, which is a more dramatic change than anything else because of the particular tropes associated with this genre.

The remainder of the ensemble cast get introduced in these two episodes. It's much more lively with more than just Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. It's important for everyone else on the squad to be both lovable and in some way flawed, and these various supporting characters all fit the bill nicely. I'm reminded of the amusing character profile sheets in Valkyria Chronicles which list the exact 1-2 different and particular positive and negative character traits that everyone on Squad 7 had. I wonder which one(s) will die first.

What I enjoy most about this show is the distinctively hyperbolic directing style of Tetsuro Araki. His style meshes nicely with the art and character design of the show, and his infatuation with spinning the camera around the characters all the time is just about perfect for the unusually acrobatic fighting technique amusing referred to as "three-dimensional maneuvers".

PSrQO.gif

This episode is probably the most "manga" like episode in the whole season. I say that as it feels more 4koma like. Not really a bad thing mind you, but it's different than most other episodes in that regard.
Elizabasu~
Yeah, it felt a little weird compared to other episodes! As in, like, lots of jumping to other things and such like a 4koma would do. And yeah, totally but a bad thing!

They're pretty scrunched up near the buttocks region, though.

Articalys

You just gotta keep trying. It's taken me 15 years to get as good as I am (10 years since graduating art school) and I've still got some work to do to get better. I think I'll spend my entire life getting better, because it's what I love to do. ^_^
I don't normally pay attention to most of the back and forth personal talk here, so forgive me if you'd mentioned it before, but you went to an art school?

StayDead

Other than the fact that they are airing the same season, and they are both action series, I'm not really seeing the connection between Railgun and Attack on Titan. But okay.

I care little for the crossover, only for the cute/hot misaka who's in the picture! A kuroko is fien too though.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
under_the_faded_sky_by_zastie-d5yqp4l.jpg

This is as good as I get, and this took days... Daaaays. MSPaint too strong. I try to draw something now and then, it just takes forever and looks only so-so.

Do you use a tablet or a mouse? All digital artists need a Wacom tablet of some description. :) If you wanted to give a new program a try as well, Paint Tool SAI is only about $60-$70. Downloading it gives you a 30 day free trial as well.

I don't normally pay attention to most of the back and forth personal talk here, so forgive me if you'd mentioned it before, but you went to an art school?

Yes, this one. Graduated in '03. Though looking back at the work I did then I'm not sure how I managed to not fail... ^^;

I have my own art style, but I definitely wish I could draw hair like Zel does.

Hair is my favorite thing to draw and paint so it ends up being the thing I spend the most time on... ^^;

Yeah me too. I wish I never stopped drawing Characters. It's all Graphic Design for me nowadays//.

Graphic Design is the field that actually makes money anyway. ^^;

Also, I'd love some new followers. I like when people follow me: http://studiozel.deviantart.com/

cjkeats

One more!
IO96CGh.jpg

Hnnnggg
I wonder if there's Mio dress as Cavendish yet?
Well, if we're doing that then
Wrong time of the year but who cares?
It's Christmas everyday these two are involved.
All this Kirino again..I wasn't ready//.
My body is aways ready.
You want crossover? Sure!
HnnnnnnggGGgg. I wonder what Koyoko would play?
These are for Dave
I got one for ya too dave
Nope, but I'm hoping this is all part of some overarching plan to fix their relationship.
9t7qmar.gif

*too many images so didn't read above* You work for an agency, Yuno?

Freelance with other jobs since leaving university. But then a year ago I got to work for a company with a yearly contract who has now offered me a permanent position.

I don't do any fun Graphic Design work. Mainly Websites with magazines and other printed media every now and then.

Stark

Banned
Freelance with other jobs since leaving university. But then a year ago I got to work for a company with a yearly contract who has now offered me a permanent position.

I don't do any fun Graphic Design work. Mainly Websites with magazines and other printed media every now and then.

Oh, sweet. Money is money, though.

I keep thinking I should've finished it and gone freelance instead of dropping out of my GD program. I was unsure if it would be enough to sustain a cheap living.

Oh, sweet. Money is money, though.

I keep thinking I should've finished it and gone freelance instead of dropping out of my GD program. I was unsure if it would be enough to sustain a cheap living.

Freelance was pennies, and like I said there where times where I had to do other jobs aswell just to have enough money, but now I make enough that I only have to work the 9-5 :D although I will probably still take some freelance jobs over weekends for the extra money.

Edit***

I wish I never went to University in the first place. Apart from the experience, I have not benefited from having the qualification.

Stark

Banned
Freelance was pennies, and like I said there where times where I had to do other jobs aswell just to have enough money, but now I make enough that I only have to work the 9-5 :D although I will probably still take some freelance jobs over weekends for the extra money.

That sounds great though... I know a bunch of people who are doing internships right now and have had a permanent position offer by the company, as well.

That sounds great though... I know a bunch of people who are doing internships right now and have had a permanent position offer by the company, as well.

Yeah internships can be a godsend.

You did not require a degree or anything? Just needed a portfolio?

Nope, at the end of the day, all they care about is how your work looks :D That's kind of the thing with this industry. Qualifications come second.

Top Bottom