• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Heapy decided I wasn't getting enough attention.
XSRYUHl.png

I'll continue to use this.
....not as obvious as I thought.
So who did you get wrong?
Real talk, for the realest thread on gaf. I need a new avatar, Misaka-san needs a break, I think.

mioisthebesteverf8j2m.png

I went with:
Cat = Ritsu
Dog = Azusa
Chicken = Yui
Pig = Mugi
Horse = Mio

Yui and Mugi always have the most fun with the gags, so you know those two are either of the ones dancing. Azusa is the only one who flinches like the pig did, and she is only really frightened by Yui, so that solves those two being side-by-side. Mio is the only one who would shy away, and Ritsu wouldn't be excited for it, but she also wouldn't let it bum her out! That's how I figured it, since I couldn't really remember exactly who was who either.

cjkeats

Yui and Mugi always have the most fun with the gags, so you know those two are either of the the ones dancing. Azusa is the only one who flinches like the pig did, and she is only really frightened by Yui, so that solves those two being side-by-side. Mio is the only one who would shy away, and Ritsu wouldn't be excited for it, but she also wouldn't let it bum her out! That's how I figured it, since I couldn't really remember exactly who was who either.
It makes sense now. I figured Azusa would be the one to just stand there and be grumpy.

I went with:
Cat = Ritsu
Dog = Azusa
Chicken = Yui
Pig = Mugi
Horse = Mio
How is the Pig acting at all Mugi like?
Don't you like what I did? ;_;
Most definitely not.
A good look, I think.
Most definitely
It makes sense now. I figured Azusa would be the one to just stand there and be grumpy.
What made you think the dog was grumpy?
I can finally stop painting for a bit. ^^;
You're amazing Zel!
today i got my finger burned by a lightbulb when i grabbed it to change it.

silly lightbulbs.

Maybe you should have waited a while before changing it silly.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I don't know what it is, but I keep putting off watching the shows I'm following for this season. I'm behind on like three different shows.

Yet I'm watching K-On! again.

<3

Stark

Banned
It turns out that none of you are crazy at all -- it was brought to my attention that if you look at the characters page in the K-On College manga volume, the choice of clothes in the Animedia spread becomes quite familiar...

It turns out Kyo-Ani might not be such an awful company as of recent!?

She may yet return!
She better!
I don't know what it is, but I keep putting off watching the shows I'm following for this season. I'm behind on like three different shows.

Yet I'm watching K-On! again.

<3
That sounds like me!

And it should be without saying but K-ON! is better than all of them.
Certified fun!
:)
It turns out Kyo-Ani might not be such an awful company as of recent!?
If anything it's just mean, unless this is a teaser for what's to come.

AutumnAve

'Free!'and a rehash Chu-2 byo movie tells me otherwise.

I'm furious. Ever since its announcement and have realized Kyo-Ani still hasn't given me more Haruhi.

Minus OVAs and net animations "Lets rankings" KyoAni

• Full Metal Panic Fumoffu (2003) Yes.
  • Air (2005) eh.
  • Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid (2005) YES
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006) (2009) Oh Yes.
  • Kanon (2006-2007) Good VN adaptation
  • Lucky Star (2007) Yes.
  • CLANNAD (2007-2008) I liked it.
  • CLANNAD ~After Story~ (2008-2009) Dem feels.
  • Munto: Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai (2009) haven't seen.
  • K-On! (2009) Yes.
  • K-On!! (2010) Oh yes.
  • Nichijou (2011) Yes.
  • Hyouka (2012) One of my faves.
  • Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai (2012) Loved it.
  • Tamako Market (2013) Wasn't to my tastes, somewhat disappointing.
  • Free! (2013)

and Their film works...

• Munto: Tenjoubito to Akutobito Saigo no Tatakai (April 18, 2009) -Haven't seen, can't say about it. :\
  • The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (February 6, 2010) Godly, love it.
  • K-On! (December 3, 2011) Amazing.

For me, two misses out of all their works, I'd say they're the anime gods.

Articalys

Well to be fair, I think the main reason the K-On spread was in the magazine (along with a lot of other series) is because Animedia was celebrating their 32nd anniversary with a reader poll of favorite series and characters, and K-On scored quite high in both, hence the big numbers everywhere on the page. They just randomly took the chance to use the college clothes as a reference.

If you don't want to go back and look, K-On was 4th in the series poll, and for female characters, HTT ranked in with Yui in 2nd, Azusa in 6th, Mio in 10th, Ritsu in 13th, and Mugi all the way at 18th. (If you're wondering, the three higher series were KuroBas, Gintama, and Magi, proving Animedia probably has a substantial female reader base, and Morgiana was in 1st ahead of Yui.)

Well to be fair, I think the main reason the K-On spread was in the magazine (along with a lot of other series) is because Animedia was celebrating their 32nd anniversary with a reader poll of favorite series and characters, and K-On scored quite high in both, hence the big numbers everywhere on the page. They just randomly took the chance to use the college clothes as a reference, maybe just because Horiguchi wanted to do so, I guess.

If you don't want to go back and look, K-On was 4th in the series poll, and for female characters, HTT ranked in with Yui in 2nd, Azusa in 6th, Mio in 10th, Ritsu in 13th, and Mugi all the way at 18th.

Yeah, but it would still be nice to see them come back for K-ON!!!

Character poll seems right.

Stark

Banned
Yui is in 2nd. All is right in the world.

Minus OVAs and net animations "Lets rankings" KyoAni

• Full Metal Panic Fumoffu (2003) Yes.
  • Air (2005) eh.
  • Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid (2005) YES
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006) (2009) Oh Yes.
  • Kanon (2006-2007) Good VN adaptation
  • Lucky Star (2007) Yes.
  • CLANNAD (2007-2008) I liked it.
  • CLANNAD ~After Story~ (2008-2009) Dem feels.
  • Munto: Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai (2009) haven't seen.
  • K-On! (2009) Yes.
  • K-On!! (2010) Oh yes.
  • Nichijou (2011) Yes.
  • Hyouka (2012) One of my faves.
  • Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai (2012) Loved it.
  • Tamako Market (2013) Wasn't to my tastes, somewhat disappointing.
  • Free! (2013)

and Their film works...

• Munto: Tenjoubito to Akutobito Saigo no Tatakai (April 18, 2009) -Haven't seen, can't say about it. :\
  • The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (February 6, 2010) Godly, love it.
  • K-On! (December 3, 2011) Amazing.

For me, two misses out of all their works, I'd say they're the anime gods.

I like how 'Free!' has nothing there. I know its probably because it's not out, but just completely justified and hilarious.

I'm mostly bitter on that anime and how they still haven't given me continuation on a handful of those where they are needed. So they can die.

I like how 'Free!' has nothing there. I know its probably because it's not out, but just completely justified and hilarious.

I'm mostly bitter on that anime and how they still haven't given me continuation on a handful of those where they are needed. So they can die.

Calm down, take a seat over there.

Articalys

I can't take any of you seriously. Ever.

(Except when you talk serious RL stuff, because that most definitely is serious. But otherwise... nope.)

LayLa

according to MALgraph KyoAni is my #6 studio by weighted score & #4 by time watched, i guess they are pretty good at making shows i like.
still haven't watched any FMP & Clannad though. should i start FMP with the non-KyoAni series?

Top Bottom