• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Labrys

I don't love it. i'm freaking spooked since i was looking up silent hill monsters just before it went out.

BubbleHeadNurse.jpg

it'S tiMe to tAKE yOur temPAturE

Labrys

I don't love you anymore, Labrys.

There's like this baby crying outside and its freaking me out since its 3AM

Upupupupu, I'm just kiddin' around. You know you still love me.
CuDKqEM.gif

I can see how the baby could freak you out. I hate ominous babies, they're the worst kind of baby there is.

cjkeats

I'm bored, so lets talk about instruments! Ever wonder what kind of guitars the keions are playing, and wether or not it would hard to get one? Well I did. First off, when I got back into anime last summer, I looked around to see what was popular and saw K-on and a picture of a cute girl with a Les Paul and that was enough for me.

Yui choose well. Gita is actually a Gibson Les Paul Traditional in Heritage Cherry Sunburst. Retailing for a MSRP of $3599.00, I can see why it was a lot of work to get it! It's one of the most iconic guitars of all time, played by the greats from all styles such as Jimmy Page, Slash, Pete Townshend, etc.
Azusa plays a Fender Japan '69 Reissue Mustang in Candy Apple Red colour. Retailing for an MSRP of $1,199.99, the less popular sister of the Telecaster and Stratocaster this one was played by legends such as Kurt Cobain, David Byrne, and more.
Mio, interestingly enough plays two different basses. In the anime, she plays a Fender Japan '62 Reissue Jazz Bass in 3-Tone Sunburst colour, retailing for around $819.99. In the manga, she plays a Fender Precision Bass in the same colour(Retailing for around $1749.99). The difference can be subtle, but if you look close enough you can see the slight difference in body shape and the different pickup location. Fender basses are undoubtedly recognizable to everyone. My personal favourite variation I hope to own someday is the pink Mark Hoppus signature.
Jun plays a Yamaha SBV 500 in White. Not much to say about this one.
Ui, who joins in the manga(and hopefully in season 3!) plays a Fender Japan Stratocaster in Surf Green. The Strat is up there with the Les Paul fighting for the title of most popular guitar. Another of my dream guitars is the Tom Delounge signature, which is also a Surf Green Strat.
Sawako plays a classic metal-head guitar, the 1958 Epiphone Korina Flying V. The V body is know by metal-heads everywhere. The guitar they sold was a Gibson SG Standard, which needs no introduction. For those about to rock, we salute you.

So how about you K-onGAF? Do you guys play?
I hardly play, but I have 2 guitars (No good pictures because they are both far away from me at the moment):
My old high-school battle axe, an Ibanez EX series in red that I cannot find a single piece of information on anywhere other than a forum thread of someone else looking.
My other one, a Squier Telecaster in cream. Always wanted a Tele, and my local shop back home had one used for a good price. Bought it the day before my moms wedding.

And I still don't know a single chord.

cjkeats

Interesting post! I enjoyed it. Never really thought about it all to much

I Play Bass. I used to be in a Punk band called Virginal Discharge.

Given the name and the taste in music I see from your spotify tweets, that sounds like a band I would enjoy listening to greatly.

LayLa

My other one, a Squier Telecaster in cream. Always wanted a Tele, and my local shop back home had one used for a good price.

ooh jealous, i've always wanted a Fender Telecaster (Sunburst 72) but never been able to afford it

haaaaaa you couldn't be anything else with that name! did you release anything? for some strange reason i'm reluctant to google the name ...

I was a professional musician for four years, toured UK & US, released albums etc.
which sounds amazing. the reality was i starved for four years while living in the crummiest flat with no heating in the middle of the roughest part of town. occasionally i got to starve in the back of a van or car. in summary: don't do it kids!
both my brothers are successful musicians and earn more money than i could dream of, i'm not jealous just cos they are way more talented than me, no sirree *cough*

haaaaaa you couldn't be anything else with that name! did you release anything? for some strange reason i'm reluctant to google the name ...

Ha, nooo you probably don't want to Google that. We played gig's in the local borough for almost 2 years but it was never anything serious we where just all in college being bored.

I was a professional musician for four years, toured UK & US, released albums etc.
which sounds amazing. the reality was i starved for four years while living in the crummiest flat with no heating in the middle of the roughest part of town. in summary: don't do it kids!
both my brothers are successful musicians and earn more money than i could dream of, i'm not jealous just cos they are way more talented than me, no sirree *cough*

Sounds great, always loved music but was never to keen into doing anything with it. My friend is a professional musician and he has been homeless since University, travelling the country sleeping on any sofa people will give him. It's a hard life but he absolutely loves it and doesn't want to do anything else.

Closest I've come to playing anything is trumpet from about 5th grade to early college. Probably can't play it worth a crap anymore, though I do still have it.

Venfayth

My piano is busted. my violin is busted. my guitar is busted. All my musics are busted. :T

My piano was actually my parents piano, so don't have one now that I moved out.

My electric violin is busted, my real violin is in storage.

My guitar is also in storage.

I could get them out, but I'm lazy and ALSO don't have much time to do as I like now days anyways. :( I need a hyperbolic time chamber.

I see now how a lot of you were drawn to K-ON! It's pretty neat!
Mio, interestingly enough plays two different basses. In the anime, she plays a Fender Japan '62 Reissue Jazz Bass in 3-Tone Sunburst colour, retailing for around $819.99. In the manga, she plays a Fender Precision Bass in the same colour(Retailing for around $1749.99). The difference can be subtle, but if you look close enough you can see the slight difference in body shape and the different pickup location. Fender basses are undoubtedly recognizable to everyone. My personal favourite variation I hope to own someday is the pink Mark Hoppus signature.
I wonder why they're different. Maybe Kakifly didn't tell KyoAni what instruments they were using and they just guessed and ended up getting it slightly wrong? Or perhaps someone thought that bass was better? It would be interesting to find out.
One day I will own these, not because I want to play them, but because I want to have Mio's bass. Though maybe when I get them I'll try to learn to play left handed...
So how about you K-onGAF? Do you guys play?
Not in the slightest. The only musical instrument I played was the Tenor Saxophone. Haven't played it in years.
Uhuh...
which sounds amazing. the reality was i starved for four years while living in the crummiest flat with no heating in the middle of the roughest part of town. occasionally i got to starve in the back of a van or car. in summary: don't do it kids!
That sounds pretty cool! Must have been fun traveling to different places!

I would hope...
My Mio figma was missing her bass strap :(.
Do you still have your box? I thought I was missing it too until I took the insert (the thing that says K-ON! inside) out and found them in a bag underneath it.
Mio is sitting on the wrong side!!

Do you still have your box? I thought I was missing it too until I took the insert (the thing that says K-ON! inside) out and found them in a bag underneath it.

Don't remember seeing anything like that before, but I still have the box (I always keep my boxes) so I'll have to check again.

Huh. I guess I just plain missed it. I'll check after I get home from work/running later tonight. Hopefully I didn't just somehow manage to lose it.

It's an odd place to put it, but I guess it is the one place they could have put it where it would be the hardest for it to fall out of the box or whatever.

cjkeats

ooh jealous, i've always wanted a Fender Telecaster (Sunburst 72) but never been able to afford it

That sunburst tele is in the dreams of many. /sigh
You sound like you have a talented family.

I need a hyperbolic time chamber.
Don't we all? The things I could accomplish....

I see now how a lot of you were drawn to K-ON! It's pretty neat!

I wonder why they're different. Maybe Kakifly didn't tell KyoAni what instruments they were using and they just guessed and ended up getting it slightly wrong? Or perhaps someone thought that bass was better? It would be interesting to find out.
One day I will own these, not because I want to play them, but because I want to have Mio's bass. Though maybe when I get them I'll try to learn to play left handed...
Going by the early bit of the manga I read, Kakiflys art wasn't what I'd call "spectacular", I just doubt he had a specific model in mind when he did, and KyoAni did the work of locking down the likeness licence.

Made it through about an episode and a half of it...didn't really click with me. Not really much of a fan of the character designs.
Same here. I'll continue it one of these days though, I hear it's pretty lewd. I like lewd.

Going by the early bit of the manga I read, Kakiflys art wasn't what I'd call "spectacular", I just doubt he had a specific model in mind when he did, and KyoAni did the work of locking down the likeness licence.

If there's one thing Kakifly knows, it's guitars. The very first appearance of Mio's Elizabasu is very clearly the Fender Precision Bass. Though interestingly enough, like half way through the manga or so, it changes to the Fender Jazz Bass. Like the drawing of Mio in the afterwards section has her playing the Precision Bass in the first volume, but the second volumes Mio drawing has her playing the Jazz Bass, which the second volume also has a short bonus chapter about the girls talking about how they're going to be in an anime.
So perhaps he decided to change it because of the anime went with the Jazz Bass, or he decided the Jazz Bass looked better at that point and instructed KyoAni to go with that instead? Who knows.

This talk about Yuyushiki made me realize that this
iMVFpuu.jpg

was drawn by the guy who does the manga. No wonder Kakifly did some Yuyushiki art a while back.

Top Bottom