• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Labrys

You didn't use my advice and words, but that's okay. YOU'RE HERE! Nyaruko is just that, fun. Not much else. lol

Too busy playing... Dumbnimal Crassing...

Yeah, that's what I figured. I love Kana Asumi in it, though, she has a really nice voice.

It's not dumb... just addicting and time consuming. That's all.

Hhmmm... You might have a point there.
I so have a point, don't lie!

The whole manga is 4koma. In fact the Mio and Ritsu flash back in this episode is one of the few parts that isn't 4koma.
I know! But there are some chapters that are a little more, right? Or at least a collection of a few that focus on one plot point? And I can believe that. Doesn't seem like it'd fit well into it.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I love Kana Asumi in it, though, she has a really nice voice.

Oh man she's amazing as Nyrauko. It's so much fun listening to just her. She does a great job doing the opening, along with Miyu Matsuki and Yuka Otsubo. Such an amazing song. :3

It's totally dumb. It's a terrible game I've put 60 hours into and there's nothing you can say to stop me! AHAHAHA!

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Yep!
Cwdb8EZ.gif

Iori <3 <3 <3

I so have a point, don't lie!

Probably.
I know! But there are some chapters that are a little more, right? Or at least a collection of a few that focus on one plot point? And I can believe that. Doesn't seem like it'd fit well into it.

Very few. Really to understand you'd probably have the read the manga yourself. Well you should probably hold off on reading it at least until you finish the second season.

Labrys

Iori <3 <3 <3
Favorite idol! :D

Oh man she's amazing as Nyrauko. It's so much fun listening to just her. She does a great job doing the opening, along with Miyu Matsuki and Yuka Otsubo. Such an amazing song. :3

It's totally dumb. It's a terrible game I've put 60 hours into and there's nothing you can say to stop me! AHAHAHA!

Yeah, I really like it. I'm gonna finish it soon. And, 60? Impressive. I'm sitting at a cool 80~, it's beaten Virtue's Last Reward finally.

Hataraku Maou-sama! 12:

The Japanese are fond of the role reversal of traditional Christian eschatology. This is interesting for several reasons.

First, the Japanese as a people and culture have rightfully developed a distrust of organized religious structures, largely as a result of the gross misuse of State Shintoism during the Second World War to brainwash the general populace into supporting a war of aggression against Japan's various neighbors and even to induce them to commit some of the worst atrocities of the war, including the Nanjing Massacre. In this sense they have gone through their own traumatic experience with massive, power-abusing religious organizations at least as terrible as what the Europeans witnessed during the Catholic Church's dominance during the medieval period.

Second, the Japanese were raised outside of the pervasive influence of Christianity on the Western world, allowing them to co-opt and reverse the traditional thought systems without any real significant consideration. Someone raised as a good God-fearing Christian would probably find it impossible to wrap their mind around a world where Demons are good and the Church and the Angels who are it's patrons are blatantly and unequivocally evil. The idea of an Archangel being a sadist and a pervert would be something which would probably cause them to have an aneurysm.

Which brings me to this episode. It was funny. It was clever. It had an impressively nicely animated fight sequence. So, it's everything that this show has been up to this point. I know Anime-GAF likes to shit on White Fox but they take what budget and production schedule they have and make the most of it. The show didn't even have it's OP and ED animated until halfway through the season, which is amazingly SHAFT-like. But they made do with what they had and Hataraku Maou-sama! is one of the fun little hidden gems this season. And yeah, it has Dat Christian Role reversal, where the Demons are all nice guys and the Church are evil and the Archangel is a short little sadistic pervert. Well, I'm okay with this, and I'll be sad next week when this show ends. Because I really, really liked this show.

The Wikipedia entry concerning the Archangel Sariel is interesting reading after this episode:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sariel

Maybe I should read the manga.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I don't hate any of them, but my least favorites are Ritsuko and Yayoi.

Chihaya is obviously my favorite <3 <3

Chihaya is the worst. But I'm not into Tragedy Moe.

Really, all things considered Iori is a pretty generic Rie Kugimiya tsundere. But what makes her amazing is that Rie is personally abusing you during the course of the game, and that makes all the difference in the world. Hnnng.

The other Top Idols are Haruka, Miki, and Hibiki in no particular order.

Labrys

Really, all things considered Iori is a pretty generic Rie Kugimiya tsundere. But what makes her amazing is that Rie is personally abusing you during the course of the game, and that makes all the difference in the world. Hnnng.

Yep, a reason why I like her.
And, with Rie, I really only like her tsunderes. The one character I'm familiar with that wasn't one is Rise and I preferred Laura Bailey's performance to hers.

Which is why I've been holding off on playing any until I've finished a few other games first. Though I suppose it could provide a nice tonal reprieve from The Last of Us.

Minako Kotobuki, the voice actress for Mugi, has a role in a live-action film called "School Girl Complex" where she's the club advisor for an All-Girls High School Broadcasting Club.

Seemed natural as hell to me to see Mugi be the club advisor for a club where the story has the club president fall in love with the new member.

(11:59:18 AM) Heapy: so i was gonna continue hiding it but that helps noone and cj helped me realize that i probably shouldn't keep it away so if you guys want read this whenever http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65684371&postcount=2196
from the IRC
Those who want a piece of Mio inside them forever.

Hm... That sounds more disturbing than I thought...
Don't worry, it just sounds like you.

Heapy is my favorite.
:D

AutumnAve

I don't hate any of them, but my least favorites are Ritsuko and Yayoi.

Chihaya is obviously my favorite <3 <3

Haruka is my favorite. We should get along well, then!
Edit:

best idols.

nouGava.jpg

Together, their power levels can't be measured, separately though Makoto, I think, is the better of the two. Thats my dumb opinion, however. But, yeah they definitely work the best together, esp in the anime. I won't spoil anything, obviously, some people may have not seen it all yet.

Top Bottom