• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Stark

Banned
That flight was actually the first one I had been on in ages. This was back in 2001, so all I had on board was a book or two and my GBA. It's fine for the first few hours, then the reality that it's a really long flight starts to set it. On the other hand, I was by myself so if I had some friends with me it might have been different.

I can imagine since you're sitting in one spot for a good long while. Was the meal at least good? :p

Also, Yui:
b91x0Kq.jpg

I can imagine since you're sitting in one spot for a good long while. Was the meal at least good? :p

Also, Yui:
b91x0Kq.jpg

I don't even remember what it was, so probably not. These days I just assume the food will be mediocre at best and bring a Clif Bar or two just to at least keep me going. The movies were equally forgettable...the only one I remember at all was Spy Game.

All that being said, I would gladly do it again! It's been too long since I was last in Japan.

So remember how we were sharing 3DS friend codes last week? Well, I'm a terrible person and forgot to add you all back...until now. I think I have most of you in now. Just for reference again it's 2621-2678-5359.

Stark

Banned
So remember how we were sharing 3DS friend codes last week? Well, I'm a terrible person and forgot to add you all back...until now. I think I have most of you in now. Just for reference again it's 2621-2678-5359.

Explains why you came up with no Mii.

I don't even think you can call them food. More like rations lol

That's economy class though.

I'm sure business or first class actually get food.

So expensive...

This picture is quite close to perfect except that...

yes chet. thats exactly whats wrong.
I just had to point that out.
And say what you will about the individual show threads, but AnimeGAF in general is the only place where I'm actually willing to talk about this sort of stuff.
Not here?
It has its problems, certainly, but that's not to say that there isn't some worthwhile discussion to be had. True, certain shows get precedent over others
perhaps a little unfairly
, but that's the tradeoff with having such a large catch-all thread.

Barring a few instances, I always find it worthwhile.
They can be pretty unwelcoming to people who don't like certain things or like other things.
Anywho, I got home much later than expected last night so I didn't have a chance to check inside the box figma Mio came in to try to find her bass strap. figma Azusa is still in her box so I'm guessing if need be I can take her guitar strap and give it to Mio. She should be willing to make the sacrifice for any of the original four anyway.
I'm sure it's there if you look!
Yup, I've posted more of that in the past, and I seem to remember Chet doing that too.
Oh, I most certainly have! Great art, don't you think?
K-OnGAF i demand to be drowned in Ritsu's gifs.
mY1MwdC.gif

d9Ryo.gif

X3Hro.gif

eBBx8.gif

N7XZwyr.gif

That's probably enough for now.

cajunator

Banned
Do you know what would be even more sublime? If you watched another episode of K-ON!!

hmmm. I guess it wouldnt be a bad idea. I got a bunch of other stuff out the way from this season. Its gonna be hard to top episode 10 though. I bought a whole bunch of figurines solely because of it lol.

hmmm. I guess it wouldnt be a bad idea. I got a bunch of other stuff out the way from this season. Its gonna be hard to top episode 10 though. I bought a whole bunch of figurines solely because of it lol.

Well there's still a few more Ritsu focused episodes, one being a Mio x Ritsu episode.

Kazzy

They can be pretty unwelcoming to people who don't like certain things or like other things.

Mainly only specific posters, and they're generally like that anyway. I wouldn't even say you have to be particularly thick-skinned, but there are instances were people talk things too much to heart, especially when it concerns things they like.

Not everyone likes the same things. It's only ever annoying (and this extends to anything) when it's done dismissively.

Not here?

No, because it doesn't really fit. For as much as I like this thread, it'd hardly be appropriate if I decided to post my Evangelion write-ups in here, for example.

It is a community thread, and even so, I find myself drifting away from here (and other communities) when they start to veer wildly into IRC chat territory. Though, I still like to think that I manage to keep most of my discussion aimed towards K-ON!

:)
Mainly only specific posters, and they're generally like that anyway. I wouldn't even say you have to be particularly thick-skinned, but there are instances were people talk things too much to heart, especially when it concerns things they like.

Not everyone likes the same things. It's only ever annoying (and this extends to anything) when it's done dismissively.
If I said I never took things to heart would be a huge lie, but I was more looking at it from an outsiders perspective. They don't seem to friendly to new people.
No, because it doesn't really fit. For as much as I like this thread, it'd hardly be appropriate if I decided to post my Evangelion write-ups in here, for example.

It is a community thread, and even so, I find myself drifting away from here (and other communities) when they start to veer wildly into IRC chat territory. Though, I still like to think that I manage to keep most of my discussion aimed towards K-ON!
Oops, I guess I should have read that more carefully. I don't expect anyone to go off discussing the deep meaning behind Eva or anything like that. Actually, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I said that. lol

And since it is a community thread, you can do with it however you really want. You can start your own discussion point if you think what people are talking at that moment sucks.

Isn't the Romio and Juritsu stuff is 2 episodes?

Well yes, but I usually think of the first episode as the "Mio x Ritsu" episode.
But they're both amazing!

Zastie

Neo Member
What other places do you frequent?

The official forums for a game called League of Legends, the whole forums are at war recently for various reasons. I recently made a new account just to use a different name to post on those forums because people would stalk me and hate on me, I became a known forum goer. Their rage is quite harsh...

K-ON-ritsu-pout.gif

The official forums for a game called League of Legends, the whole forums are at war recently for various reasons. I recently made a new account just to use a different name to post on those forums because people would stalk me and hate on me, I became a known forum goer. Their rage is quite harsh...
I hope your stay here is much better!
taHoJTc.gif

The League community seems like shit. Dota community is just as bad, though.

Maybe it's just the MOBA community in general.

patapuf

The same could be said for any community about anything.

It does depend a bit on the target audience. It's going to be worse if it's highly competitve and highly accessible to everyone. On the other hand i've heard of this K-ON community thing that's supposed to be friendly for example.

cjkeats

It does depend a bit on the target audience. It's going to be worse if it's highly competitve and highly accessible to everyone. On the other hand i've heard of this K-ON community thing that's supposed to be friendly for example.

That'a very good point.

Zastie

Neo Member
I hope your stay here is much better!
taHoJTc.gif
tumblr_ma1osdxCzt1qaydkno1_500.gif

I pretty much came here because of how awesome all of you are in here, this just proves it.
The League community seems like shit. Dota community is just as bad, though.

Maybe it's just the MOBA community in general.

Shit isn't the word I'd use, but yeah shit is still a good word to describe it. In-game interactions excluded, it's a place where a bunch of people use the forums to vent their hatred and rage, forum moderators hardly exist, and the company replies to serious issues from time to time. There's a few really awesome people in the forums though, but yeah, it's pretty much shit.

MOBAs definitely have the worst communities but you just have to ignore in game hecklers and worry about teamwork

Or you could trash talk them back, whatever floats your boat

Yeah, competitive communities would probably get more nasty than communities about watching girls eat cake.
how... i've only seen 4-5 episodes of K-On and she was clearly da best
Mugi is interesting too but she's too silent...
I suppose he just likes meatier girls.

There's no such thing as a bad pick!
I pretty much came here because of how awesome all of you are in here, this just proves it.
WlguWA7.gif

And I'm glad you're here! Just don't get banned out there, stay here where it's safe!

Stark

Banned
There's something about team games that just makes it even worse.

Speaking of MP, it's alright if its fighting each other. Like death match or even team deathmatch where I'm not too relied upon, but co-op or something like LoL is too nerve-wracking.

cajunator

Banned
K-on!! 11

Its Louisiana hot here right now, so I can relate to this episode. Louisiana hot is 90% humidity cooked egg on the sidewalk hot with a bit of rain to make things like a sauna.
Its probably plenty hot there in Japan during this episode too so I could relate.
Ritsu was up to her usual tricks and she breaks the only fan in the room because mortal fans are just no match for Ritsu. Oh and the turtle molted because it can. Not much happened other than trying to procure an AC unit from Nodoka and the student council.

K-on!! 11

Its Louisiana hot here right now, so I can relate to this episode. Louisiana hot is 90% humidity cooked egg on the sidewalk hot with a bit of rain to make things like a sauna.
Its probably plenty hot there in Japan during this episode too so I could relate.
Ritsu was up to her usual tricks and she breaks the only fan in the room because mortal fans are just no match for Ritsu. Oh and the turtle molted because it can. Not much happened other than trying to procure an AC unit from Nodoka and the student council.

This episode and the rainy season episode I like to think of as sister episodes as they have a lot in common. I guess nothing really happens, but I like seeing the cute little things they try to cope with the heat.

cajunator

Banned
This episode and the rainy season episode I like to think of as sister episodes as they have a lot in common. I guess nothing really happens, but I like seeing the cute little things they try to cope with the heat.

I can relate to both of them lol./ Usually at the same time.

Yup, your life is a lie. On a somewhat related note, someone I know just came back from a week long trip to Hawaii and said it wasn't really good. Seems everyone just makes the place they live to be awesome, when it really isn't...

Thanks!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m82b7yXh951r5jtugo1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ah new person! I never noticed.

Welcome~!!!

Yup, your life is a lie. On a somewhat related note, someone I know just came back from a week long trip to Hawaii and said it wasn't really good. Seems everyone just makes the place they live to be awesome, when it really isn't...

Especially since we all know Minnesota is the best.

cajunator

Banned

Thanks!
tumblr_m82b7yXh951r5jtugo1_500.gif

I know the city I live in is totally awesome but its because I really like cajun culture, Im a foodie, and I like hot climates and the swamp. For some it could be rather unpleasant here.
Well it also has super fast citywide internet connection for cheap so thats a perk.

Top Bottom