• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

cjkeats

Then maybe is was....Mugi!
jD0gsu7uvrOX0.jpg

The abbreviated version of this post can be found in the AnimeGAF thread. For my brothers and sisters in KeionGAF, the expanded version.

Spring season is now over, so here are my top OPs and EDs of Spring season are as follows:

OP:

1. fripSide - sister's noise (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S OP1)

This song narrowly edges it's way past Titan Theme Goes With Everything for being perfectly suited for the show it is associated with, for having a full version which is consistent with the TV size version, and for being fripSide, because fripSide is awesome. As usual, pounding electronic beats served up by Satoshi Yaginuma accentuate the delicate yet powerful voice of current singer Yoshino Nanjo in. I could listen to this song forever.

2. Linked Horizon - Guren no Yumiya Titan Theme Goes With Everything

100% pure badass shounen theme rock, set to a beautifully animated OP sequence. Also, much like Guile theme, it goes with everything. EVERYTHING.

3. Minami Kuribayashi - Zero!! (Hataraku Maou-sama! OP)

Most know Minami Kuribayashi as the sweet voice behind Straight Jet, the notable OP for Infinite Stratos. Here she contributes a bouncy, enjoyable OP which highlights her distinctive voice and also features an interesting major/minor key chorus juxtaposition.

ED:

1. Yoko Hikasa - Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai (Shingeko no Kyoujin ED1)

Yoko Hikasa makes her debut as an anisong singer with a astonishingly soulful performance of the unexpectedly emotional ED which stands in stark contrast with this show's bombastic rock OP. Despite being excessively over-produced and padded with unnecessary instrumental sections which do little more than distract from Hikasa's powerful voice, this may end up being one of my favorite EDs of the year.

2. ChouCho - Sora to Kimi no Message (Suisei no Gargantia ED)

ChouCho has emerged in just the past year as a new bright light in anisong, with the wonderful first Hyouka OP and now this really beautiful and enjoyable ED. I'm really looking forward to hearing starlog, her new OP for Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA.

Azu-cat can have Azugust. Mugi owns the whole month.
August is Ritsu's birthday month.

August 21, mark it on your calender!
I wonder who it's from?
Yui.
Mugi
I'd think Ui would be having a more violent reaction if it was from Yui.
Yeah, Ui is far too calm for it to be Yui.
Plus it'd be less tidy looking and neat if it wasn't from Yui. It's not from Mio because Jun would be embarrassed as well. Can't be a Azu-nyan plant.

Conspiracy!
Why not Mugi?
Then maybe is was....Mugi!
jD0gsu7uvrOX0.jpg
Of course it's Mugi!
A New Challenger Appears!

LC7HAsq.jpg
Zrv5X.gif

LayLa

finished first rewatch of Sora No Woto.
after episode 1 i was wondering why i enjoyed it the first time round.
from the middle of episode 3 onwards i had a big stupid grin on my face.
oh anime, why are you so awesome
occasionally
?

MXC6Rkh.jpg

cajunator

Banned
occasionally
?

MXC6Rkh.jpg

Because sora no Woto is really damned good.

Articalys

occasionally
?

MXC6Rkh.jpg
And here's one the other way around, though the artist apparently decided Ritsu wasn't a good match for Noel's personality and so corralled in a different KyoAni character...

Articalys

Out of curiosity I looked up how old Asami Sanada is compared to the main five girls. Turns out she really does have about 10 years on most of them.

Other random age trivia:
- Minako Kotobuki is the youngest of any of the main cast (HTT+U/J/N).
- Madoka Yonezawa is four years older than Aki Toyosaki despite voicing the younger sister (yes, I know this happens all the time with casting sibling characters). Perhaps that reflects their characters' respective maturity levels? Actually, Yonezawa is the oldest of any of them except for Sanada.
- Mio and Nodoka's VAs were born on the exact same day.

cjkeats

Well that video led me to start watching the concert again instead of reading the manga like I planned tonight. Just got though the intro. Some thoughts:
-Yoko is the worst at preteneding to play an instrument.
-Satomi does a fine job on drums, despite the actual drum track going way to fast for her. Ritsu is a pretty good and fast drummer if you haven't noticed.
-Ayana continues to look incredibly bored.
-The girls each have a colour scheme with their outfits, that matches the covers of the character image songs.

Out of curiosity I looked up how old Asami Sanada is compared to the main five girls. Turns out she really does have about 10 years on most of them.

Other random age trivia:
- Madoka Yonezawa is four years older than Aki Toyosaki despite voicing the younger sister (yes, I know this happens all the time with casting sibling characters). Perhaps that reflects their characters' respective maturity levels? Actually, Yonezawa is the oldest of any of them except for Sanada.

I love stuff like this! I like that idea about the characters maturity. lol

Have you seen the show yet? Every time she was on stage was a treat. Especially in the Death Devil bits, her and Yu Asakawa are the most into it out of everyone who appeared and it's delightful.
Hmm, I don't think it was Come with Me!, but it might have been.

Other random age trivia:
I feel like I should have known that...
I love stuff like this! I like that idea about the characters maturity. lol

It probably has more to do with how their voice is than actual maturity. Though I suppose I probably don't have to say that.

cjkeats

Through the main girls character songs. They are all much more comfortable not stuck holding an instrument.
Each song had a solo from each characters respective instrument before the song started from the live band. Very good stuff.

Best girls voice doing best girl things.

During this little bit between songs where they're talking a bunch, Asami came out and the crowd went nuts.

Aki is a giant.

Naoko Yamada just came out and announced the movie. At least I think that's what just happened.

Top Bottom