• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

cwfNCJd.jpg

I mean, I did buy this killer Sonic pack on Steam since it was a price error at $7.49(thanks Gravijah) and the Skullgirls Beta came out, so it wasn't a busy, I guess.

But I still avoided people.

We saw the other side of this a long time ago, but now it's time for:
Whoa, awesome! I love Emi and Mio.

Thank him for not telling me!
H-hey, you probably weren't here!

Shit, when was this?

*looks at list of games in pack*

8jb3udp.gif
When the weekend deals went up at 1 EST! I wanted to try out Sonic Racing Transformed since it's a free weekend and grav linked to the pack and I saw the pack was the price of Transformed and died.

DunderHassan MIGHT have some left for $4 if you have paypal, so get to PMing him!! He's super trustworthy and a nice guy, too.

Articalys

...forget it. I actually own most of the Genesis games on the actual Genesis and the DC games on DC, heard enough bad things about Episode 1 and 2, not a huge fan of racing games. I'd only be in it for CD and Generations, and those two alone at sale prices are about the same anyway.

Son of a bitch... how am I supposed to keep up with this stuff besides constantly checking the steam thread?

cjkeats

I've finsihed the manga up to the TV series end. I realized a few things.

>Azusa's teacup is a lie.
>Ton-chan is a lie.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So the episode 1 of Rozen Maiden 2013 is finally out. I was wondering how they going to continue to the third part of the story after they changed it so much in the anime. I guess their solution is to condense the first two seasons into one single episode (yes I am not kidding) with the manga ending. They changed the art style so the characters look more like the manga, Suigintou finally have straight hair again.

Hopefully the 5 years wait is worth it.

6MjI4nL.gif

Kazzy

I will never understand the gun festishization. I've always viewed that as being very much a cultural thing.

Chet, you were right about the game. I assume 500 yen is a good price?

Venfayth

Oh, so, after a huge period of time I have finally completed all of K-on!! (minus the 3 BR special eps, and the movie)

First: I went into this show expecting a slice-of-life comedy-esque type thing. I wasn't far off, but I'm extremely impressed by how attached I've become to the characters. K-On (and the community!) have made an extremely positive impact on my life. I can always count on the show and you guys to provide me with some smiles. This show is pure and wholesome love. I adore ALL of the characters, but Mugi is definitely my favorite. Azusa, Ritsu, Yui, and Mio are all tied for second.

Early on, I was pretty vocal about my ambivalence towards Sawako, but I was much happier with her character in the second season. Nodoka, Jun, and Ui were fantastic, too.

K-on is also full of subtle details that really show how much care and effort went in to making it. When you see sheets of paper, you'll often see scribbles and drawings on them, which is very reminiscent of too many of my high school papers >_<

The last few eps actually had me tearing up in several spots. Listening to them perform in ep 20 nearly made me break down. It had me nostalgia-ing about performing when I was younger, combined with how happy everyone was and Yui's cute speech, it was a really striking moment.

I'm still looking forward to the special eps and the movie, but I just felt like typing something up since I haven't been saying too much about the show here!

Thanks to everyone who recommended it to me!

cjkeats

Oh, so, after a huge period of time I have finally completed all of K-on!! (minus the 3 BR special eps, and the movie)

First: I went into this show expecting a slice-of-life comedy-esque type thing. I wasn't far off, but I'm extremely impressed by how attached I've become to the characters. K-On (and the community!) have made an extremely positive impact on my life. I can always count on the show and you guys to provide me with some smiles. This show is pure and wholesome love. I adore ALL of the characters, but Mugi is definitely my favorite. Azusa, Ritsu, Yui, and Mio are all tied for second.

Early on, I was pretty vocal about my ambivalence towards Sawako, but I was much happier with her character in the second season. Nodoka, Jun, and Ui were fantastic, too.

K-on is also full of subtle details that really show how much care and effort went in to making it. When you see sheets of paper, you'll often see scribbles and drawings on them, which is very reminiscent of too many of my high school papers >_<

The last few eps actually had me tearing up in several spots. Listening to them perform in ep 20 nearly made me break down. It had me nostalgia-ing about performing when I was younger, combined with how happy everyone was and Yui's cute speech, it was a really striking moment.

I'm still looking forward to the special eps and the movie, but I just felt like typing something up since I haven't been saying too much about the show here!

Glad to hear you liked it! and now you're officially one of us now permanently. Time to add the teacup to your avatar and wear your badge proud.
The series gets weirdly sad at the end, but happy sad, if you know what I mean. If you loved it as much as you claim, the movie is gonna kill you. It's pure fanservice, and not the lewd kind.

Also Heapy, this makes like 2 or 3 people who've blown past you. Step it up son.

I've finsihed the manga up to the TV series end. I realized a few things.

>Azusa's teacup is a lie.
>Ton-chan is a lie.
Yeah, there are quite a few things they added just for the anime.
From left to right:

M4A1 carbine w/oversized stock
Dragunov SVD
My Little Kalashnikov Can't Be This Cute

Remington 870
FN P90
I thought it was an FN FAL
Leave for Houston very soon. Until I return, I leave my mark with Yui:

q3M4XE4.jpg

PS: Ilu all.
Have fun out there!
I will never understand the gun festishization. I've always viewed that as being very much a cultural thing.

Chet, you were right about the game. I assume 500 yen is a good price?
Guns are a work of art, just as much as they are functional.

I knew it had to be Super Donkey Kong 3, and that's an amazing price! Also I was looking and I think the 64 cartridge in the pic you showed was Super Smash Bros.
I just had to point that out.
I did the most American activity that I could possibly think of.
I played more Monster Hunter.

I love seiyuu jokes like this. ;P Though Mio looks hot in business attire. o_o

I'm so glad you like it so much! It just warms my heart seeing someone else get so moved from K-ON! like I did.
dVHtyA5.gif

*resubscribed*

brb catching up on 57 pages.. 57?! just gonna look at the pretty pictures
Caught up! Here's my favorites!
i3jdzEX.gif

Is Yui sticking her hand down her pants?
hmm 4 from the first page alone uh this is going to be a long post isn't it...
CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP

k-on1.jpg
lewd
ok i might just post every jun pic sorry
I'm not sorry!
Just her sideways post at the end...
Yay macros!
Like the lil guy pics
That lovely middle ground that everyone can agree on.

oBoHID2.jpg
I might be a Jun fan.
Why I love Yui
Yeah, It seems to be universal adored by everyone :D
Yes I picked this specifically because at first glance the two hairs combined look like Jun.
h.. hello I'm owl hajimemashite
Best part of movie
Best part of azunyan (everything)
61x1rb5.gif

a d-d-d-duel?!?
post+picture was good
She's cool too
chet's a crybaby
super crybaby
snap, Haruka isn't the best girl, but she's still cute <3
there's a pciture here quoted
I see how it is. Will do.
4VNOS5f.gif
yay it's that girl from that other show i like
ha
Added three K-ON songs to my drumming playlist.

Ritsu is a beast.

NktsAPh.gif
oh yeah I liked K-On when they played music. Totally forgot about that.
don't like this picture, but my back is sore and I want a massage...
Most definitely

fCR9X3o.gif
lol
Jun June.

It's been a while
Yaay~
I might have posted this twice
I keep getting ads for this one pixiv, it's like it knows!

Well, Mio's room is said to be messy...

Doesn't seem like they kinds she would wear. I know this because... reasons.

image.php

hWDF6.gif

Yeah, because I know where "here" is.

I love walking out in the rain, assuming it's not storming out. Though rain storms have their charms, with the soothing pitter patter on the roof.
Synchro~
Kawaii
FUWA FUWA TIME!

ibk0Tv4BNm0dT9.gif

Posting this on behalf of Coldplay619 because he accidentally posted this in the K-Pop thread instead of here.
Loved this scene
Jun June, carry onward!

Oh hello
hello yui
The best
My two favourites :D
Also the best (quoted)
best idols.

nouGava.jpg
More of the best (ok I might think all the idols are the best)
Ara ara~
My personal favorite, courtesy of Chet:

hv1vT.gif
fuck off, chet *anti-chet beam, on!*
X3Hro.gif
That's probably enough for now.
I hope I cut out the right pic. I like how she doesn't give a shit
WlguWA7.gif

And I'm glad you're here! Just don't get banned out there, stay here where it's safe!
Question! Why don't I have many Mugi pics? (She sucks)

Yup, your life is a lie. On a somewhat related note, someone I know just came back from a week long trip to Hawaii and said it wasn't really good. Seems everyone just makes the place they live to be awesome, when it really isn't...

Thanks!
tumblr_m82b7yXh951r5jtugo1_500.gif
Uguu~ *reads post* wait a sec I live in Hawaii! Ok yeah, it does suck.
Heh, this is true. They should do something where they release more songs.

tumblr_m8rimsbC6J1qb93d1o1_500.gif
still love this scene
tumblr_mgnufkwZ4T1s0y498o1_1280.jpg

Saw this on Tumblr, thought of Chet immediately.
Was thinking, 'did labrys visit chet?'
>v>
the Mugi one is amazing. weren't they alternate dust jackets for a specific book chain or something?

gvzuF7B.jpg
lol pretend she's holding a condom in her mouth for lols
yes i want to sample
I can't remember which ones have and haven't been posted.

7zGlMup.jpg
yay~
One last Hurrah! Jun June is officially over in the UK!
d-damn (quoted pics)
I looked into the void and dat ass stared back.

IX7Iecb.jpg
<v<
that's pretty good
... hoot.
Time for sleep...

tumblr_lvc9h3cbrq1qd6621.gif
daw
I hope so!

Tyl0S2G.gif
nyoro~n
;_;

I will help you guys cheer up with some Hawaiian Ritsu!
A0lLH.gif
whoa what i don't remember this what
I'm so glad you like it so much! It just warms my heart seeing someone else get so moved from K-ON! like I did.
dVHtyA5.gif
And I'm caught up!

cjkeats

When Owlowiscious said he was gonna catch up, I didn't actually think he'd do it! Impressive patience! Welcome back.

Finished the first Volume of the post TV series manga. The new characters are okay. Sumire is fun. Glad to see she's more than just a replacement Mugi, even though Ui is basically that now. lol
I was very excited to get to know Nao. She's different than I imagined. Still has a super cute design. If I had to imagine her voice I hear it as a stoic kinda robotic voice like Aika from Persona 4 the Animation or Tsukiko from Hentai Prince.

As for the college characters, they're okay. Akira is basically Sawako. I like Ayame the best out of these girls so far.
One thing I found interesting is that Mugi got a whole chapter. That was fun, it's nice to get an inside look at Mugi by herself once in a while.
The art at the start of the chapters has been getting increasingly lewd.

1E8YPDx.jpg

EDIT: oh and the LMC president don't have any visual similarities to some other character at all.

Top Bottom