• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

cjkeats

Well, it's technically not from Evangelion, it just so happens they both use the song. They even use the song in Nichijou.
Oh I know, I was making a joke. I've seen more than a few people say it.
Yes, and it really wasn't that long ago. Not yet anyways.
Feels like forever ago.
Nothing wrong with that, and maybe you'll eventually pass up Heapy.
No maybes. I will. I'll get through the series, movie, and even finally get around to Ura-on! and the first concert before he finishes it once.

cjkeats

K3Z9rXn.png
The first Guitar Yui looks at seems slightly familiar looking. :D
Mugi looks like she just walked out of a Key show. Surprised she didn't have a ridiculous origin story where she was friends with the protagonist as kids who conveniently forgot her but remembers after some nonsensical supernatural shit.
I love Key shows. Well, sometimes.

Mugi looks like she just walked out of a Key show. Surprised she didn't have a ridiculous origin story where she was friends with the protagonist as kids who conveniently forgot her but remembers after some nonsensical supernatural shit.
I love Key shows. Well, sometimes.

Yeah some of the first season episodes kinda look KEY-like, or whatever that older KyoAni show I can't think of the name is now. The shows look gets a lot more consistent in the second season.

cjkeats

Yeah some of the first season episodes kinda look KEY-like, or whatever that older KyoAni show I can't think of the name is now. The shows look gets a lot more consistent in the second season.

If you look at Haruhi S1, Kannon, Clannad, Harui S2, and then K-on all back to back, you can see it gradually changing over time into the final K-ON style that continued to Tamako.

here are some parts in the Harui movie that look like K-on faces. In the last thread I believe, we posted a gif and said it looked "Proto K-on"

If you look at Haruhi S1, Kannon, Clannad, Harui S2, and then K-on all back to back, you can see it gradually changing over time into the final K-ON style that continued to Tamako.

here are some parts in the Harui movie that look like K-on faces. In the last thread I believe, we posted a gif and said it looked "Proto K-on"

A lot of their shows really do look kinda close at first glance, but when you really look at them, they really do look different.
Well save for K-ON! and Tamako Market, but it's not like Tamako had much else going for it anyways.

cjkeats

A lot of their shows really do look kinda close at first glance, but when you really look at them, they really do look different.
Well save for K-ON! and Tamako Market, but it's not like Tamako had much else going for it anyways.

They have a style that if I understand how it works right, comes from the way different people work on animating different scenes.
Like in that one scene I pointed out with Mugi, that's the only case where she really looked like that I noticed in that episode (which is why it caught my attention). It was probably done by a key animator from one of the Key shows if I had to guess.

Mind you my understanding of how it works could be completely wrong, this is just what I've heard from the internet.

They have a style that if I understand how it works right, comes from the way different people work on animating different scenes.
Like in that one scene I pointed out with Mugi, that's the only case where she really looked like that I noticed in that episode (which is why it caught my attention). It was probably done by a key animator from one of the Key shows if I had to guess.

Mind you my understanding of how it works could be completely wrong, this is just what I've heard from the internet.

Animation requires a lot of hands, but the whole goal of doing it is to have it all in the end look consistent like it were done all by one person, though of course people can't help but put their own little spin on things.
I don't really know much about specific episode staff rolls, so I wouldn't really know if that were the case or not.

Stark

Banned
Houston weather is pretty much Lafayette weather.

What is Lafayette weather?!

Yeah I can barely handle the heat I have right now up in PA, around 94 degrees.

;o; I miss you Heapy

I can't even imagine. It was 91 degrees here in DC today with a heat index over 100. Made my run today extremely difficult. Still feeling the effects of heat exhaustion.

Damn. And tomorrow it's supposed to be severe thunderstorms. Random weather. :eek:

Also, today I tried: Chic-Fill-A and Flamin' Hot Cheetos. That was actually good.

StayDead

ZNdiU7C.gif

Want to write and blog and do some uni reading but this heat is making me not want to do anything.

UUUUUUUUUUiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaisuuuuuuuuuuuuu~ orz

As much as they point out Mugi's richness, the others girls all seemed upper middle class to me. They all attend a private school and from the looks of their houses and possessions they all have nice expensive things. Those kyoani royalties...:p

Yui's house is like three stories tall, and Azusa lives in a jazz palace.

Well, it's technically not from Evangelion

I do very much like this particular track :D

HEY WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM MAN

COME SAY THAT TO MY FACE

I'm liking the very :chet new avatar.

Damn. And tomorrow it's supposed to be severe thunderstorms. Random weather. :eek:

Also, today I tried: Chic-Fill-A and Flamin' Hot Cheetos. That was actually good.

Heat + humidity + afternoon storms are what I really dislike about summer here. I think I need to move somewhere that has spring/fall weather year 'round.

I generally try to keep a fairly clean diet, but I've been morbidly curious about some of the quirkier flavors of Cheetos, Doritos, etc. The last 8-4 Play podcast was talking about something (can't remember now what it was) that was Japan-only and Pepsi flavored w/"carbonation". That's one more thing I miss about Japan...some truly weird snack food and soda flavors.

BTW, now that I have a worthy gaming PC I have truly discovered the joys of Steam. Looking forward to buying a shitload of games that I'll never actually finish. Though in non-Steam related news I finished the story with all the endings and unlocked all the characters for Warriors Orochi 3...took me right around 50 hours. And I somehow still feel compelled to play it though I might need to force myself to take a break to knock out some other games.

What is Lafayette weather?!
What you're experiencing right now!
Those hot cheetos are those things I really enjoy, but regret eating right afterwards.
ZNdiU7C.gif

Want to write and blog and do some uni reading but this heat is making me not want to do anything.

UUUUUUUUUUiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaisuuuuuuuuuuuuu~ orz
This is why I'm thankful for basements.
As much as they point out Mugi's richness, the others girls all seemed upper middle class to me. They all attend a private school and from the looks of their houses and possessions they all have nice expensive things. Those kyoani royalties...:p
Well you have to consider that Mugi has at least 3 summer homes which all have the music equipment they need, a yacht, she brings expensive tea and serves them in expensive tea sets every day, travels to Finland and other places all the time, and her father owns not only the music shop, but also the maid cafe.

So Mugi is probably in the Yakuza.
Yui's house is like three stories tall, and Azusa lives in a jazz palace.
Yeah, Yui's house is ridiculous.
I do very much like this particular track :D

I do like the song.

cjkeats

Well you have to consider that Mugi has at least 3 summer homes which all have the music equipment they need, a yacht, she brings expensive tea and serves them in expensive tea sets every day, travels to Finland and other places all the time, and her father owns not only the music shop, but also the maid cafe.

So Mugi is probably in the Yakuza.

Yeah, Yui's house is ridiculous.

All Mugi says is that these are part of her family's "conglomerate". She claims the sweets are "gifts". She runs to Finland occasionally. Everyone refers to her dad as "The boss" and not "President" or any other business terms.

Her family is absolutely Yakuza.

Yui's house seems pretty standard to me, but her parents are always gone abroad. Probably in the yakuza too, on the run from the fuzz.
Now Azusa, we never see her house outside of the living room. Her family is supposed to be musicians right? Her dad is probably David Bowie or something.

Then there's the bit were they all just say "hey mom, can I go to London?" and bam, travel expenses paid.

This is why I'm thankful for basements.

I would add air conditioning...one of humanity's greatest triumphs over nature, at least according to Misato Katsuragi.

I do miss having a basement though. Whenever I get around to buying a house that will be a key point. Finished basement, of course.

cjkeats

Yui got a two. Out of a 100. That's 2%. Christ woman, even I got 34% on my math midterm and I studied much less than you.
For kicks I did question 4. Answers are #1) X=-3, -10. #2) X=-1/2, -3. #3)I gave up because why am I doing math in the middle of summer?
She has the opposite reaction I do. No matter how bad the test went, I'm still relived it's over. Usually in the middle of the test when I have everything I know I can do easily done, I start working out what kind of mark I got if everything that's done is right, and I say "fuck it, it's done, there's at least 50% here" and feel free as a bird when I leave the test room.

I would add air conditioning...one of humanity's greatest triumphs over nature, at least according to Misato Katsuragi.

I do miss having a basement though. Whenever I get around to buying a house that will be a key point. Finished basement, of course.
Air conditioning doesn't help much when the power goes out though, which used to happen a lot at my place.
Yui got a two. Out of a 100. That's 2%. Christ woman, even I got 34% on my math midterm and I studied much less than you.
For kicks I did question 4. Answers are #1) X=-3, -10. #2) X=-1/2, -3. #3)I gave up because why am I doing math in the middle of summer?
I thought it was 12/100, but that's not much better either.
She has the opposite reaction I do. No matter how bad the test went, I'm still relived it's over. Usually in the middle of the test when I have everything I know I can do easily done, I start working out what kind of mark I got if everything that's done is right, and I say "fuck it, it's done, there's at least 50% here" and feel free as a bird when I leave the test room.
She knows she's doomed, and will have to do retakes. That's what I figured anyways.

I watched Little Witch Academia and I could tell that the child version of the main character had the same voice as Yui because of the dumb baby noises she was making.

what are some other shows with yui noises

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 1:

Hell, it's about time! /starcraftmarine

It turned out to be a pretty straightforward and by-the-numbers adaptation of the first chapter of the manga. I know that it's only the first episode, but it actually was animated perfectly adequately and the fight sequence had plenty of frames. Shin Oonuma dispensed with the usual SHAFT tricks for this production and it looks entirely normal, much to the relief of just about everybody who was going to watch this show. A great deal has been made of the strangely proportioned character designs, and honestly now after watching the first episode, they doesn't strike me as particularly awful. I would have preferred more conventionally-sized eyes, as the eyes in particular are comically huge and barely fit on the characters' faces in many cases. The voice work seems perfectly competent. Illya sounds cute, Rin sounds like Rin, Luvia is just about perfect, and of course Kaleid Ruby and Sapphire are hilarious every time they say anything. The TV-size version of ChouCho's OP "starlog" is just as good as the PV made it seem like it would be.

To be perfectly fair, I really feel like I couldn't have asked for much more from this adaptation so far, except you know if they had ufotable doing it instead and a F/Z-sized budget. But as far as first episodes go, it definitely exceeded my expectations for what I would get from a studio which isn't exactly known for action animation, and let me be clear when I say that this show is going to have a LOT of fight sequences. It's clear that they "get" the various references to the canonical Fate/ material, it would be obvious to anyone who read the manga precisely how the final shot of Rin contracting with Illya to collect the Class Cards should look, and the anime adaptation nails it.

I can already see the sales for the BDs of this show. The censoring of the loli fanservice was nothing short of hilarious. There are points during the episode where Illya's whole body is entirely a big bright white patch. They aren't even being subtle about how much they want you to buy the BDs. Which is something I'm perfectly okay with and I encourage all JP otakus to buy lots of BDs so they will also animate the longer second manga series 2wei!

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
All Mugi says is that these are part of her family's "conglomerate". She claims the sweets are "gifts". She runs to Finland occasionally. Everyone refers to her dad as "The boss" and not "President" or any other business terms.

Her family is absolutely Yakuza.

Yui's house seems pretty standard to me, but her parents are always gone abroad. Probably in the yakuza too, on the run from the fuzz.
Now Azusa, we never see her house outside of the living room. Her family is supposed to be musicians right? Her dad is probably David Bowie or something.

Then there's the bit were they all just say "hey mom, can I go to London?" and bam, travel expenses paid.

Azusa living room has a Le Corbusier sofa. Those are not cheap. I always assumed her dad was is the record biz. But, yeah the London trip was a big give away.

I watched Little Witch Academia and I could tell that the child version of the main character had the same voice as Yui because of the dumb baby noises she was making.

what are some other shows with yui noises
I don't think that was her, but really any show with Aki Toyosaki will probably have them.
These are my two of my favourite scenes in this episode. Yui's face, and Mio's power. Lovely.
I could probably say what my favorite seen is, but everyone probably knows by now.
Azusa living room has a Le Corbusier sofa. Those are not cheap. I always assumed her dad was is the record biz. But, yeah the London trip was a big give away.
The thing about these kinds of shows is that they're heavily idealized so the kids can just have fun going to school and hang out. This kinda goes with what cjkeats was saying about them being able to go to London on the spur of the moment.

These scenes are fun. I like the style in the first one.

I forgot how awesome Sawako's official introduction was.
Dem pantyhose.

Hoarse-voice Yui is still a laugh-fest. I believe the music history box has a version of Fuwa Fuwa Time in it.

Man, you just had to remind me of the music history box that I will never have...

cjkeats

Man, you just had to remind me of the music history box that I will never have...

I'm gonna buy it eventually. It's still available, if you got the dough. Which I don't. Yet.

My ultimate goal though it the S2 album with the replica of the pink cassette. I love stuff like that, but alas, it's out of print and a fortune to get now. I'll probably still throw a ton of money at it someday. I'd rather that over a figure.

I'm gonna buy it eventually. It's still available, if you got the dough. Which I don't. Yet.

My ultimate goal though it the S2 album with the replica of the pink cassette. I love stuff like that, but alas, it's out of print and a fortune to get now. I'll probably still throw a ton of money at it someday. I'd rather that over a figure.

I'd like to get the vinyl records too, but that's never going to happen at this rate...

cjkeats

I'd like to get the vinyl records too, but that's never going to happen at this rate...

I love vinyl. I have a bunch of old ones I found that were my mom and uncles and commandeered them for myself. Some good stuff in there, Thriller, Bat out of Hell I & II, etc.
Never realized the K-ON stuff was on vinyl, but now that you mention it I feel like I've seen it before.

We need jobs.

cjkeats

Having a job means you can buy things, yes.

The problem which arises is when you are working full time and no longer have time to enjoy the stuff you buy.

I found this too back last summer. Didn't help when I got sent out of town for weeks at a time, but coming home was like christmas. Packages all piled up waiting for me.

EDIT: Because I'm bored:
j45ruW1.gif

Top Bottom