• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Articalys

I AM (mostly) REVIVED

The wizards at the Microsoft store were actually able to successfully transfer nearly all of my personal data to a new (larger, actually -- 1 TB vs. 750 GB) hard drive and install it in place of the old one, and I have most of what was lost in the transfer backed up elsewhere (I think), so while I lost most programs and personal settings (and a few other things I'm working on getting back up and running), none of it was critical, and I'm otherwise pretty much back where I started, but with a brand new hard drive hopefully with no errors this time, and it only cost about $100.

hAChayF.jpg

cayulinson

Neo Member
I AM (mostly) REVIVED

The wizards at the Microsoft store were actually able to successfully transfer nearly all of my personal data to a new (larger, actually -- 1 TB vs. 750 GB) hard drive and install it in place of the old one, and I have most of what was lost in the transfer backed up elsewhere (I think), so while I lost most programs and personal settings (and a few other things I'm working on getting back up and running), none of it was critical, and I'm otherwise pretty much back where I started, but with a brand new hard drive hopefully with no errors this time, and it only cost about $100.

hAChayF.jpg

"Lucky" cheers for you!!
and be careful with this new HDD, these miracles doesn't happen 2 times

Articalys

I don't really know what there is to being careful with a hard drive besides properly shutting down the computer every night and not dropping the laptop, but I'll do my best.

Madao

I don't really know what there is to being careful with a hard drive besides properly shutting down the computer every night and not dropping the laptop, but I'll do my best.

make 2 or 3 backups with all your stuff at least monthly.

that's how i do. i spent extra in hard drives but having the feel that the data is in multiple places outweights the expense.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I've had Tomoyo mouse pad for soooo long... her boobs have gotten pretty dirty.

I saw lots of Mios at Anime North! Definitely should've bought one, I always want to buy stuff after I leave =_=

I should start going to cons again. I haven't gone in a long time.

Might be a good way to show people my art too.

I AM (mostly) REVIVED

hAChayF.jpg
That's great to hear!
make 2 or 3 backups with all your stuff at least monthly.

that's how i do. i spent extra in hard drives but having the feel that the data is in multiple places outweights the expense.

Yeah, this is what I usually do, at least with the more important things. Random images I find on the internet I'm less worried about.

StayDead

Parcelforce are a bunch of rip off merchants. They caught my Kimono Miku nendo and Idolmaster petits in customs because goodsmiles only shipping method is EMS (I always avoid this).

£10 for a customs charge of VAT which I think is fine, I know I have to pay that sometimes but £13.50 to Parcelforce themselves as a handelling charge and they don't even deliver Saturday so I need to wait until Monday to get them. X_X

Parcelforce are a bunch of rip off merchants. They caught my Kimono Miku nendo and Idolmaster petits in customs because goodsmiles only shipping method is EMS (I always avoid this).

£10 for a customs charge of VAT which I think is fine, I know I have to pay that sometimes but £13.50 to Parcelforce themselves as a handelling charge and they don't even deliver Saturday so I need to wait until Monday to get them. X_X

This is why I order by SAL registered, but it seems you had no choice.

Also £13.50 is pretty low, I always get charged in the £20 =O

//edit// just realised they are nendos and petits, so maybe it's because of the size I get charged more >_>

I hope you get it soon :D and post pictures!!!

StayDead

started watching the neptune anime today. After playing Neptune PP for like a week and a bit now I never realise that Noire was voice by Asami Imai. My love for her character has trippled :eek:!

StayDead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkt81jJf30[/url]

Nice, can you understand Japanese then? I can sort of read it
I need a dictionary by my side
but I have real tough time listening. I tried watching a few episodes of my favourite shows with subs off and I can understand parts but...

Also great video!

Oooh, I've got to think about this. Doesn't appear that there will be English subs on this release that I can tell, but it is Steins;Gate swag. So I might get it just because.

I AM (mostly) REVIVED

Awesome! Great to hear it worked out and it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

I've been doing this since University due to the nature of my work, If I lost my files that would be many hours I would have to commit to again.

That reminds me of a time during my freshman year in College (1999-2000) when I was working on a rather long, tedious and time consuming essay for the better part of the day. I was so relieved I had it completed that in my state of euphoria I closed Word without saving the essay pretty much at all (there was no autosave running). Lost a ton of work over my own stupidity. Suffice to say I've been rather paranoid about stuff like that ever since.

StayDead

Etrian Oddesy Millenium Girl - unplayed owned
Mario & Luigi 4 - unplayed shipping to me
Megaten 4 - unfinished

Ace Attorney 5 - July
The Wonderful 101 - August
Conception II - August
Ryu ga Gotoku - August
Oreimo Happy End - September
Hyper Dimension Neptuinia Re;Birth 1 - October
GOD Eater 2 - November
Project Mirai 2 - Novemmber