• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

kpjolee

dSjk45C.jpg

One more before sleep~

Gamingside goes insane whenever it involves nintendo and numbers, thank god for community and off-topic.

The only part of the gaming side I really participate in is the Steam community, but even that is only a recent development and I don't post there super often anyway. So many arguments in gaming basically boil down to "stop liking what I don't like" and other ridiculous nonsense. Nevermind whenever anime gets brought up...that never ends well.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The only part of the gaming side I really participate in is the Steam community, but even that is only a recent development and I don't post there super often anyway. So many arguments in gaming basically boil down to "stop liking what I don't like" and other ridiculous nonsense. Nevermind whenever anime gets brought up...that never ends well.

i lurk and post in the smash thread alot otherwise i read the news, might post a comment than head back here and yeah ive seen alot of anime threads go to shit, dont think its worth even making your presence known in the thread cause people have openly admitted to marking you as someone to not take seriously because of your interests

i lurk and post in the smash thread alot otherwise i read the news, might post a comment than head back here and yeah ive seen alot of anime threads go to shit, dont think its worth even making your presence known in the thread cause people have openly admitted to marking you as someone to not take seriously because of your interests

I've seen people come right out and say they ignore-list posters just because they have an anime-based avatar...no other reason. So yeah, I just stay out of it over there rather than get dragged into pointless and futile arguments.

Anywho, close to halfway done with the K-ON College manga. Already there are some moments that I would especially love to see animated. Hopefully this will happen in the not-too-distant future.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I've seen people come right out and say they ignore-list posters just because they have an anime-based avatar...no other reason. So yeah, I just stay out of it over there rather than get dragged into pointless and futile arguments.

Anywho, close to halfway done with the K-ON College manga. Already there are some moments that I would especially love to see animated. Hopefully this will happen in the not-too-distant future.

yeah it can get pretty tiring

One of my favorite parts so far I've seen is the part where
Mio keeps telling herself that she will start talking to that one other girl after each class.
It's so much like me it hurts.

Articalys

Anyway, if anyone was wondering what I posted earlier but quickly yanked, it was a list of best-selling anime song CD singles that were designed for anime and not just the usual "new song from a popular mainstream band" type. So things like songs sung by the show's cast, or created specially to be used as an OP/ED. The controversy was over the list not being entirely accurate due to omitting the larger band stuff. For this thread, the relevant bit of it was:

*1) 191,599 -- Don't say "lazy" -- K-On! ED (2009)
*5) 167,898 -- Cagayake! GIRLS -- K-On! OP (2009)
*9) 148,521 -- GO! GO! MANIAC -- K-On!! OP (2010)
11) 136,679 -- NO, Thank You! -- K-On!! ED (2010)
12) 131,709 -- Utauyo!! MIRACLE -- K-On!! OP (2010)
13) 130,941 -- Listen!! -- K-On!! ED (2010)

Anyway, if anyone was wondering what I posted earlier but quickly yanked, it was a list of best-selling anime song CD singles that were designed for anime and not just the usual "new song from a popular mainstream band" type. So things like songs sung by the show's cast, or created specially to be used as an OP/ED. The controversy was over the list not being entirely accurate due to omitting the larger band stuff. For this thread, the relevant bit of it was:

Kinda bums me that Listen!! is so low, but seeing Don't Say "Lazy" at the top spot makes up for it.

Articalys

Kinda bums me that Listen!! is so low, but seeing Don't Say "Lazy" at the top spot makes up for it.
It's to be expected though; the first season songs have a full year's lead time (or more) for sales on the second season songs.

Unless you mean the data point of Listen selling less than No Thank You.

I think Listen is the worst of the ED songs anyway so I'm okay with this

The best!
It's to be expected though; the first season songs have a full year's lead time (or more) for sales on the second season songs.

Hmm, yeah you make sense with the first season songs, but I like Listen!! a lot and I think GO! GO! Maniac shouldn't be that high. But those are all pretty high, so it's all good.

OceanBlue

It feel as if, among English fans, NO, Thank You! and Don't Say "Lazy" are more popular than Listen!! so I'm not too surprised, but as a fan of the song I guess I wish it at least did better than the openings, lol. Well, the gaps between the second season songs aren't that large so I'm not too bothered by it.

:(
Is there data for the movie songs?

It feel as if, among English fans, NO, Thank You! and Don't Say "Lazy" are more popular than Listen!! so I'm not too surprised, but as a fan of the song I guess I wish it at least did better than the openings, lol. Well, the gaps between the second season songs aren't that large so I'm not too bothered by it.

Don't Say "Lazy" does seem like the overall most popular of the songs, especially in the west. A lot of times I see commissioned art of Mio by people who have clearly never seen the show draw Mio in her Don't Say "Lazy" outfit.

Articalys

:(
Is there data for the movie songs?
The source list only reported songs with over 100,000 sales. The last time Unmei wa Endless or Singing were seen reported in Oricon, they were about 75,000 each in mid-January 2012. They've probably sold a bit more since then but there's no way to know exactly how much for sure.

I think my personal ranking goes No Thank You > Don't Say Lazy > Singing >>> Listen

edit
Don't Say "Lazy" does seem like the overall most popular of the songs, especially in the west. A lot of times I see commissioned art of Mio by people who have clearly never seen the show draw Mio in her Don't Say "Lazy" outfit.
It's the power of the tiny top hat.

OceanBlue

Lol, I just googled "Mio K-On" and now I see why. It's kinda funny to me that images of her in her "Don't Say "Lazy" outfit are the first results, but I guess that just speaks to the popularity of the song.

The source list only reported songs with over 100,000 sales. The last time Unmei wa Endless or Singing were seen reported in Oricon, they were about 75,000 each in mid-January 2012. They've probably sold a bit more since then but there's no way to know exactly how much for sure.
Ah well, I guess they're a bit more recent than K-On!! I wonder if being movie inserts rather than TV series OPs/EDs make them less popular. Thanks for looking into it.

Stark

Banned

Glad to see the 2 OP's so high. No one but me likes Utauyo!! MIRACLE huh.

Top Bottom