• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Anyway, if anyone was wondering what I posted earlier but quickly yanked, it was a list of best-selling anime song CD singles that were designed for anime and not just the usual "new song from a popular mainstream band" type. So things like songs sung by the show's cast, or created specially to be used as an OP/ED. The controversy was over the list not being entirely accurate due to omitting the larger band stuff. For this thread, the relevant bit of it was:

*1) 191,599 -- Don't say "lazy" -- K-On! ED (2009)
*5) 167,898 -- Cagayake! GIRLS -- K-On! OP (2009)
*9) 148,521 -- GO! GO! MANIAC -- K-On!! OP (2010)
11) 136,679 -- NO, Thank You! -- K-On!! ED (2010)
12) 131,709 -- Utauyo!! MIRACLE -- K-On!! OP (2010)
13) 130,941 -- Listen!! -- K-On!! ED (2010)

No numbers for the movie singles?

Yoko has a very plain, everyman kinda voice. Not bad, just nothing stand out about it.

She's very much HTT's Mark Hoppus.

I don't know what crack you're smoking here, but I don't want any of it.

Glad to see the 2 OP's so high. No one but me likes Utauyo!! MIRACLE huh.

I like it the best out of the OPs but only because I can't shake the image of the actual op animation where Yui spins and then later the audience spins with her. It's off the adorable charts and evokes the exact kind of feeling I watch Slice of Life anime for.

I like it the best out of the OPs but only because I can't shake the image of the actual op animation where Yui spins and then later the audience spins with her. It's off the adorable charts and evokes the exact kind of feeling I watch Slice of Life anime for.

The animation for the Opening themes really do capture that fuwa fuwa feel. The ending themes are more music video like in their more surreal approach.
Though I suppose that's how most anime opening and ending credits go.

The animation for the Opening themes really do capture that fuwa fuwa feel. The ending themes are more music video like in their more surreal approach.
Though I suppose that's how most anime opening and ending credits go.

Yeah, I always said to my friends who watched K-On! that I like to think of the ending animations as actual HTT music videos in the future after they've gotten famous and played at Budokan.

Yeah, I always said to my friends who watched K-On! that I like to think of the ending animations as actual HTT music videos in the future after they've gotten famous and played at Budokan.

Yeah, I can't imagine the Mio we see in the show acting like she does in those endings. haha

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
after thursday I might not be able to come on for several days, i'll be on my way to my family reunion

Anyway, if anyone was wondering what I posted earlier but quickly yanked, it was a list of best-selling anime song CD singles that were designed for anime and not just the usual "new song from a popular mainstream band" type. So things like songs sung by the show's cast, or created specially to be used as an OP/ED. The controversy was over the list not being entirely accurate due to omitting the larger band stuff. For this thread, the relevant bit of it was:

*1) 191,599 -- Don't say "lazy" -- K-On! ED (2009)
*5) 167,898 -- Cagayake! GIRLS -- K-On! OP (2009)
*9) 148,521 -- GO! GO! MANIAC -- K-On!! OP (2010)
11) 136,679 -- NO, Thank You! -- K-On!! ED (2010)
12) 131,709 -- Utauyo!! MIRACLE -- K-On!! OP (2010)
13) 130,941 -- Listen!! -- K-On!! ED (2010)

I'm surprised No, thank you! Is that far down :/ its the best one in my opinion.

StayDead

I understand Don't say lazy being up there . Being the first ED and all that. But I didn't think No thank you! Would be that low down at all..

Don't forget it was released during Season 2 so the Season 1 songs have had twice as long to sell. Unless I'm totally missunderstanding the chart.

That, and No, Thank You! is the second ending theme of the second season, so if anything, it should be a surprise that Listen!! is so low.

No, Thank You! is great, but I definately think Don't Say Lazy is better.

I'm in the No, Thank You! > Don't say Lazy camp, but I love them both so it isn't any big separation.

And hi guys! *waves* Stoopidly busy day today but I always try to make some time for you all. I also promise to not disappear so much on the weekends as I tend to frequently do.

One of my favorite parts so far I've seen is the part where
Mio keeps telling herself that she will start talking to that one other girl after each class.
It's so much like me it hurts.

Yeah, I could see myself there too. I did think Mio looked pretty hot with her hair up like that...have you ever drawn her like that?

I think my favorite part is when Mugi smacks Akira and knocks her upside down into the wall. Dat freakish strength :D. I desperately want to see that part animated.

They wish they could sing as good as Yoko.

Yoko blows, Haruna is number 1!

lKwkcZK.jpg

Anyone here a fan of Ayana Taketatsu songs? I love her work on the K-ON character image albums, as well as her work as Kirino from Oreimo and Rinka from Nakaimo. She kind of has a kiddy singing voice like Aki Toyosaki, but like her I am super addicted to listening to her songs.

Yeah, I could see myself there too. I did think Mio looked pretty hot with her hair up like that...have you ever drawn her like that?

I think my favorite part is when Mugi smacks Akira and knocks her upside down into the wall. Dat freakish strength :D. I desperately want to see that part animated.
Yeah, I like that part too.
Yoko blows, Haruna is number 1!
Pfft.
Anyone here a fan of Ayana Taketatsu songs? I love her work on the K-ON character image albums, as well as her work as Kirino from Oreimo and Rinka from Nakaimo. She kind of has a kiddy singing voice like Aki Toyosaki, but like her I am super addicted to listening to her songs.

I know cjkeats does, quite a bit.

They wish they could sing as good as Yoko.

Yep Yoko is the best singer, I love her work outside K-On alot. Specially this and this.

I'm not too familiar with her stuff outside K-On, but I really like this song.

Top Bottom