• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Charles is the one redeeming part of IS :D. Ok, so it wasn't that bad of a show but it does feature one of the single worst English dubs I've ever heard. I'm not really a huge dub person but I'll usually give it a go for an episode or two if it's an option on whatever DVD/BD I buy. In this case, I could only make it a few minutes before I had to shut that crap off.

K-ON, on the other hand, actually has a pretty good dub. It is weird going from English dialogue to Japanese songs but I got used to it.

Hiya, K-ONGAF~. Stopping by.

zmilgQD.jpg

If you are going to post pics like that then you should stay awhile!

Charles is the one redeeming part of IS :D. Ok, so it wasn't that bad of a show but it does feature one of the single worst English dubs I've ever heard. I'm not really a huge dub person but I'll usually give it a go for an episode or two if it's an option on whatever DVD/BD I buy. In this case, I could only make it a few minutes before I had to shut that crap off.

K-ON, on the other hand, actually has a pretty good dub. It is weird going from English dialogue to Japanese songs but I got used to it.

Charles was better towards the first half of IS, when she open's up more towards the end I really didn't like her. Ran! <3

LaAWB4n.jpg

I've still not watched any dubbed episodes of K-On. I might do that as an excuse to rewatch it.

StayDead

I just can't stand dubs of any kind. All the English ones always contain Wendee Lee and her voice acting (in my opinion) is so bad that it ruins whatever it touches.

Senior Ritsu. *shudders*

I just can't stand dubs of any kind. All the English ones always contain Wendee Lee and her voice acting (in my opinion) is so bad that it ruins whatever it touches.

Senior Ritsu. *shudders*

Yep, The only dubs I've watched are those I grew up with. Cowboy bebop. DBZ etc..

I try them every now and then and I always swap back to subs instantly.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chet, just a PSA if you're not on the Gaming Side. Anime Boobs: The Game
Senran Kagura Burst
is coming to the US eShop.

I shall pray for our European bros.

StayDead

Just thought I'd get in here as well and say Senran Kagura Burst really is amazing. I know you guys like the art style anyways, but behind that the story is cute/cool and the gameplay is really fun. :D

also this

E4UXoXP.png

If you are going to post pics like that then you should stay awhile!

I agree subs over dubs almost every single time, but I will give dubs a chance once in a while. I will admit I watched and will always watch Full Metal Panic! in ENG dub. Luci Christian and Chris Patton did a great job on that one in English. Most other dubs Ive run across are lazily translated and sound very amateurish and corny.

coalguys-k-on-14-ova-72a0fddb-mkv_snapshot_23-13_2010-01-20_18-35-25.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
i've finally made it back home some hours ago, i was a lil tired so decided to take a lil nap, what could be the harm in that? i wake up at 10 something and i might aswell have slept my full 8 hours, i dont think ill be able to catch the nintendo direct ;_;

http://i.imgur.com/E4UXoXP.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

<3 [spoiler]Lack of Saiai though [/spoiler]

[quote="nckillthegrimace, post: 75088599"]Ritsu's dub voice is too much to handle.

It gives me the vapors.[/QUOTE]

They ruined a perfectly good Ritsu

[quote="foxuzamaki, post: 75102555"]i've finally made it back home some hours ago, i was a lil tired so decided to take a lil nap, what could be the harm in that? i wake up at 10 something and i might aswell have slept my full 8 hours, i dont think ill be able to catch the nintendo direct ;_;[/QUOTE]

D: At least you'll get plenty of sleep right?

[quote="GuessMyUserName, post: 75107243"][IMG]http://img.imgcake.com/kon0702jpgyt.jpg

nCjQQti.gif

i've finally made it back home some hours ago, i was a lil tired so decided to take a lil nap, what could be the harm in that? i wake up at 10 something and i might aswell have slept my full 8 hours, i dont think ill be able to catch the nintendo direct ;_;

For what it's worth I'm not expecting anything newsworthy out of the Ninty direct. No point in getting one's hopes up. If anyone has a meltdown over it then they only have themselves to blame.

Yep, The only dubs I've watched are those I grew up with. Cowboy bebop. DBZ etc..

I try them every now and then and I always swap back to subs instantly.

I still have some nostalgia for the Evangelion dub, to the point where I probably couldn't even objectively say whether it's any good or not. I'm guessing that if I heard it for the first time now I would probably hate it.

On a completely different note it looks like the Oreimo finale episodes will be shown Friday afternoon at Otakon. It's running against a TM Revolution panel that should draw enough people away that I shouldn't have a problem getting in :D. But fear not, I will hold my thoughts on it until after everyone's seen it ;).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
<3
Lack of Saiai though

They ruined a perfectly good Ritsu

D: At least you'll get plenty of sleep right?

nCjQQti.gif

For what it's worth I'm not expecting anything newsworthy out of the Ninty direct. No point in getting one's hopes up. If anyone has a meltdown over it then they only have themselves to blame.

I still have some nostalgia for the Evangelion dub, to the point where I probably couldn't even objectively say whether it's any good or not. I'm guessing that if I heard it for the first time now I would probably hate it.

On a completely different note it looks like the Oreimo finale episodes will be shown Friday afternoon at Otakon. It's running against a TM Revolution panel that should draw enough people away that I shouldn't have a problem getting in :D. But fear not, I will hold my thoughts on it until after everyone's seen it ;).

yeah im not getting myself hyped, but its fun to watch regardless, and theres always some surprise that might not be a mini E3 but i might consider a megaton anyways

From Chiba to the World!

yeah im not getting myself hyped, but its fun to watch regardless, and theres always some surprise that might not be a mini E3 but i might consider a megaton anyways

Yep. EU direct hopefully will give us release dates for some games, specifically SMT IV!!!!

They could always pull the "and one more thing..." and announce a 3DS port of the PSP K-ON game with brand new content from S2 and the movie! :p

Jintor

I feel I need to ask this, now's a good enough time. What's with the :xxxx?

Some members are so anime they have exclusive traits associated with them

if I say :dtl, that means yaoi. :firehawk indicates... I can't remember, mono no aware, I think. :duckroll means overhyping something that will bomb like mad. :kayos indicates a state of confusion at something elementary.

:chet indicates

tumblr_mr0i7b5Azk1qabrcto1_500.png

Kazzy

I feel I need to ask this, now's a good enough time. What's with the :xxxx?

Quoted from the anime thread:

:DTL = BL, gay
:cajun = moe, cute
:SDBurton = yuri, lesbian
:Chet = boobs, boobs
:Firehawk = mono no aware, ephemeral passing of things
:wonzo = bad art, off-model drawings, etcetera
:kurita = live action
:kayos = When you are too lazy to Google something, asking questions about what might seem obvious
:corvo = overreacting
:kirbyguy = panty shots
:duckroll = when you hype something so much it ends up disappointing

So yeah, kind of means you're (in)famous, so not entirely a good thing!

-------------------------

In other news, I've finally completed the Singing! set:

I love that first image, Ritsu <3
obviously
Also my favourite ED

I like your avatar too :D

Quoted from the anime thread:
So yeah, kind of means you're (in)famous, so not entirely a good thing!

Right...

In other news, I've finally completed the Singing! set:

D: Look at them! I want them all!

How much did they cost you all together? The set roughly sells for £50-£60 w/o postage.

Top Bottom