• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Heeeeey everyone. I managed through the rest of Otakon weekend mostly without incident, though still a bit worn out. Wasn't the best Otakon I've been to but I still got my money's worth. TM Revolution/Home Made Kazoku concert was good, and besides the Oreimo finale OVA's I saw Evangelion 3.0 (aka WTF did I just watch) for the first time.

I ended up going a wee bit Madoka-happy in the dealers room for some reason. I'll take a family pic of my dealer's room haul later this evening. However, my one disappointment is that given the size of the dealer's room there just wasn't any K-ON merchandise to speak of. I was expecting at least something, but I guess it's time has just passed in terms of popularity with NA otaku.

D:

I should of went, I'm just 30 minutes away

Yes, you should have! But there's always next year! Speaking of, whereabouts do you live? Didn't know you were local-ish...I live in Rockville. I always get a hotel though because I really despise driving back and forth all weekend.

I need to start going to cons to promote my art. I'll need to put together a list of the predominate anime/game/comic cons and sign up for art tables for next year.

I support this! I hope you end up doing so!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I like to think she stays in her room strumming her bass when she has off time.

If you like K-ON! you will like the movie. It's more of what you like and the animation is top notch.

the K-ON! movie really is something special, its not just the show, BUT EPIC!!! its like a extra long episode of k-on but its k-on at its best the whole way through, only thing is theres a lack of sawako-sensei
Heeeeey everyone. I managed through the rest of Otakon weekend mostly without incident, though still a bit worn out. Wasn't the best Otakon I've been to but I still got my money's worth. TM Revolution/Home Made Kazoku concert was good, and besides the Oreimo finale OVA's I saw Evangelion 3.0 (aka WTF did I just watch) for the first time.

I ended up going a wee bit Madoka-happy in the dealers room for some reason. I'll take a family pic of my dealer's room haul later this evening. However, my one disappointment is that given the size of the dealer's room there just wasn't any K-ON merchandise to speak of. I was expecting at least something, but I guess it's time has just passed in terms of popularity with NA otaku.

Yes, you should have! But there's always next year! Speaking of, whereabouts do you live? Didn't know you were local-ish...I live in Rockville. I always get a hotel though because I really despise driving back and forth all weekend.

glad you had fun!

I did end up going, but I went by myself so I had a pretty bad time, I'm glad you had a good time, though!

I live in the Reisterstown area

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Lookign forward to seeing this Madoka merch.

only thing is theres a lack of sawako-sensei

This is why I enjoyed it so much :3

Wish I would have known! Could have met up or something. Oh well. Could always plan for another time. Would have been cool to see some K-ON/AnimeGAFers there.

I would love to go to something like this, but being overseas makes the cost way too high ;_;

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Lookign forward to seeing this Madoka merch.

This is why I enjoyed it so much :3

I would love to go to something like this, but being overseas makes the cost way too high ;_;

Are there any decent cons in your where you are? I actually don't really know, never researched it. I could use a real vacation. I guess Otakon Vegas will be as close as I can get for the time being.

Yeah I should of posted asking you wanted to meet up, but there's always next year

Sure thing! It is kinda sucky going solo at a con (have done it before) so I can totally understand.

Interestingly enough, Otakon will be moving from Baltimore to DC for the 2017 convention. There will be a lot more much needed space, but it will be strange not having it in Baltimore any longer.

Are there any decent cons in your where you are? I actually don't really know, never researched it. I could use a real vacation. I guess Otakon Vegas will be as close as I can get for the time being.

There's a few little animecons that happen. The big main Con though is MCM expo in London. But it's games, movies, comics, anime, manga etc...So it's never that great. To thinned out.

cajunator

Banned
The one Im going to in a little over a week is www.mechacon.com
Ive been several times when it was here in town but they wanted to grow larger so they moved to New orleans. For a long time I wasnt able to go because my schedule fell on those days but then I got switched and now Im going :D

At least you had fun!
the K-ON! movie really is something special, its not just the show, BUT EPIC!!! its like a extra long episode of k-on but its k-on at its best the whole way through, only thing is theres a lack of sawako-sensei
Yeah, that's the best way to put it, a really long episode of what you love about K-ON!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Yeah, I'll need to figure out when each con is and try to plan my days off to accommodate.

And sorry I've been so absent from GAF of late guys. Monster Hunter has been eating my spare time, I've not been watching a lot of anime lately (because Monster Hunter), and I'm terribad at playing games AND GAFing at the same time. >>;

On vacation this week, started painting a portrait for a co-worker who's giving it to his buddy who just got married. So boring realism and not anime. XD

SRiZ4Cv.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Anf for the idol@steer fans. One issue came with this poster. But for some silly reason I decided to fold it and not roll I when I moved. Will flatten one day.

cool

episode 5 of servant x service is amazing, like holyshit, just got done watching it, the thrills.

cayulinson

Neo Member
hiiii guys!!
im back again, i was reading from page 216 to this...230, lot of pics, som wierd things, but most important thing...here in my city, were going to have a Game fest!! (Festigame calls here)
and tomorrow i have to take my passport photo...so im scared

k-on-e27-05-aww-how-cute.png

...that's all =P

See ya!!

hiiii guys!!
im back again, i was reading from page 216 to this...230, lot of pics, som wierd things, but most important thing...here in my city, were going to have a Game fest!! (Festigame calls here)
and tomorrow i have to take my passport photo...so im scared

k-on-e27-05-aww-how-cute.png

...that's all =P

See ya!!

Don't worry...I'm pretty sure it'll turn out fine. I think I probably have some of the worst ID photos of all time myself but at this point I've just accepted that. Point being that your pic will probably look better than anything I've ever done :p.

Game fest sounds fun! Assuming you are going I hope you enjoy :)

Nice!

The internet.

That last pic you posted makes for a perfect iPhone 4S wallpaper :D.

And speaking of posting pics:

My Otakon pickups! Hanasaku Iroha Vol 2, Gundam: The Origin Vol 1, and all the presently available Madoka on BD (standard editions for the series, collectors edition for the movie). Also got a couple of shirts that are not pictured. Spent more this year than I have in a long time despite seemingly having not much to show for it.

Anf for the idol@steer fans. One issue came with this poster. But for some silly reason I decided to fold it and not roll I when I moved. Will flatten one day.

Very nice :). I need more idol@ster merch. I actually did randomly buy the "Thank You" single CD while at the Aniplex booth in the dealer's room but forgot to include it in the pic.

My Otakon pickups! Hanasaku Iroha Vol 2, Gundam: The Origin Vol 1, and all the presently available Madoka on BD (standard editions for the series, collectors edition for the movie). Also got a couple of shirts that are not pictured. Spent more this year than I have in a long time despite seemingly having not much to show for it.

I love that Hanasaku Iroha set :( I really want it but the chances of BlurRay over here ore slime to none. We don't even have a dvd release of it yet...

What are the Madoka ones? The first one is the series but what is the second and third one?

I love that Hanasaku Iroha set :( I really want it but the chances of BlurRay over here ore slime to none. We don't even have a dvd release of it yet...

What are the Madoka ones? The first one is the series but what is the second and third one?

Bummer you don't get it in the UK. NISA does some great work with their box sets. I may do some pics of the contents of that and the Madoka movie later.

From left to right in the pic it is volumes 1, 2 and 3 of the TV series (there is no single box set yet that I am aware of).

Bummer you don't get it in the UK. NISA does some great work with their box sets. I may do some pics of the contents of that and the Madoka movie later.

From left to right in the pic it is volumes 1, 2 and 3 of the TV series (there is no single box set yet that I am aware of).

Oh right. The Madoka bluray over here is just one set. Amazon.

It does. The anime market is pretty bad here. Most of the time stuff only comes out on DVD not even BluRay >_>

Though we are getting Bakemonogatari on BluRay. That made me happy.

Kazzy

Bummer you don't get it in the UK. NISA does some great work with their box sets.

Not really, because that set is just dragged out over multiple volumes, and only artificially inflates the price. Which is fine, if you're a collector who is already well-aware of what you're in for. It's always a bad prospect for anyone looking to discover the show though, because who wants to pay a premium for something they don't even know if they'll like? Certainly not me, which is exactly the situation I found myself in when buying the UK release. It's just as well that it was positioned at a (relatively) inexpensive price.

Not really, because that set is just dragged out over multiple volumes, and only artificially inflates the price. Which is fine, if you're a collector who is already well-aware of what you're in for. It's always a bad prospect for anyone looking to discover the show though, because who wants to pay a premium for something they don't even know if they'll like? Certainly not me, which is exactly the situation I found myself in when buying the UK release. It's just as well that it was positioned at a (relatively) inexpensive price.

Do we even have an Iroha release? I can't find any.

Kazzy

I was just referring to Madoka, so not sure. The safe answer is probably a firm "no" though, especially if Manga UK's usual pace is anything to go by. It's glacial, at best.

Though, I could hardly begrudge anyone trying to make anime viable in the UK market. It's a veritable thankless task.

I was just referring to Madoka, so not sure. The safe answer is probably a firm "no" though, especially if Manga UK's usual pace is anything to go by. It's glacial, at best. Their releases are actually fine, it's just their timescale I have issue with.

Though, I could hardly begrudge anyone trying to make anime viable in the UK market. It's the veritable thankless task.

Ah. Yeah I understand what you mean. I didn't think that Madoka was too bad. £30 for the whole series when it released seemed okay to me, but sets like Persona 4 and 'Tiger and Bunny'
Both published by Kaze
were its £25 for each volume totalling the whole series at roughly £75.

You make a valid point, though I was commenting on the quality of the box set without regards to price. Also, most of the shows I buy these days have streaming options on Crunchyroll, etc (though not all territories have access to these streams, of course). That way I can assess whether I want to buy a physical copy or not and whether I feel it is worth the cost to me.

Ah. Yeah I understand what you mean. I didn't think that Madoka was too bad. £30 for the whole series when it released seemed okay to me, but sets like Persona 4 and 'Tiger and Bunny'
Both published by Kaze
where its £25 for each volume totalling the whole series at roughly £75.

£30 sounds nice compared to the $120 that I spent for the three volumes. Still worth it to me.

£30 sounds nice compared to the $120 that I spent for the three volumes. Still worth it to me.

If you like it though, and it's the only way. It's worth it :p I still bought the Persona Blurays even if the price was too high.

Back to K-On for a bit.

Is £100 worth the Donuts box? I'm tempted but I have no idea what the average price for it is.

----------

On a side not. I'm going to watch my Evangelion 1.11 BR tonight. This will be the first time I've watched Evangelion in years!

amazon.jp have it for £57.21 inc postage, although you could end up having to pay customs on top of that

Thank you for that link. Postage and Customs it will be roughly the same price. But I trust Amazon more :D

Only 1 in stock though. Hope it doesn't disappear by Friday.

Yes, even with that, I'd say you'll probably still get it at under the £100 you were (are?) going to pay.

Yeah. I haven't got it yet. It's on Ebay from a seller I've bought from before and trust, but I wasn't to sure on the price. I can't actually buy it till Friday though so I may have to go for the Ebay option.
paying bills is a pain >_< I want to buy things now

//I'm going to head off, watch this film and sleep. Nighteo.

Only K-On doujin I've gound from C84 so far. Currently using it as my phone wallpaper.

cayulinson

Neo Member
Don't worry...I'm pretty sure it'll turn out fine. I think I probably have some of the worst ID photos of all time myself but at this point I've just accepted that. Point being that your pic will probably look better than anything I've ever done :p.

hahahaha!! my id photo it's really funny, but i couldn't take my passport photo today. people on the service were on strike, so...i was fucked =P
anyway...tomorrow i have to go =P

Top Bottom