• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

This sounds terrible
brilliant
. I've yet leanrt how to pace my purchase of figures. I'll blame my empty bank account on you :p

No worries, you can sleep on my sofa if you spend yourself homeless. Mind you, looking at my pre-order list I clearly haven't learned the art of restraint either, so you can as long as I don't need to sell the sofa.

Madao

Yes, but anything beyond that scene with Mugi and Azusa in the club room alone is completely gone. Maybe they didn't have to yuri it up, but they could have her really admire Mugi and make Mugi feel more of a part of the group.

You're welcome.

i guess they were more fans of the YuixAzu moments (especially since those moments have no yuri stuff like most of Mugi's cut moments)

i guess they were more fans of the YuixAzu moments (especially since those moments have no yuri stuff like most of Mugi's cut moments)

Mugi's character was kinda more kooky and mysterious in the manga, the anime boils her more down to just a rich girl who wants to experience how the other side lives.

Articalys

et6Ml3D.png

Articalys

There's also a scene in the manga where Mio and Mugi are talking on the phone and then Mio hears Mugi burst out scolding someone, most likely her maid or butler, over the phone.
fVZ7sbZ.jpg

And then later, whether it was planned out or not, we got Sumire Saitou.

i'm cheating because I knew both images were in the tvtropes article for k-on

Madao

she's also the type that enjoys pain.

i remember a chapter in vol4 where she asks Azu-cat if getting calluses on fingers hurts and, after Azu-cat says yes, she has the usual excited look about looking forward to experience it later.

fVZ7sbZ.jpg

My guess would be that he came up with her maid/butler's family name to be Saitou, and later decided to have Sumire be a childhood friend and daughter of the maid/butler much later. Which would explain why she is never mentioned beforehand despite seemingly having a very close connection with Mugi.

Oh, I've been over that page so many times myself, so I know how that is.

i remember a chapter in vol4 where she asks Azu-cat if getting calluses on fingers hurts and, after Azu-cat says yes, she has the usual excited look about looking forward to experience it later.

Well she does want Mio and Ritsu to hit her over the head, even in the anime, so you can kinda see why she might be into that sort of thing.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
There's also a scene in the manga where Mio and Mugi are talking on the phone and then Mio hears Mugi burst out scolding someone, most likely her maid or butler, over the phone.

fVZ7sbZ.jpg

oh lawd

i can actually see her being a M

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I suppose you could kinda link her curiosity to see how normal people do things with finding pain pleasurable in a way. So I suppose it's not too much of a reach.

that helps but also, rich girls with power ̶t̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶n̶t̶a̶i̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶c̶c̶h̶i̶ being a M is a common trope

Yeah, she could get pretty mean and scary in the manga.

And that's why I like the manga version of her better ;).

Thanks. I probably should consider the practicality of the figures I buy, but I never do lol

I guess that's more of a thought process that I go through amongst other factors in deciding whether to buy a figure or not due to the limited budget I have to work with. Though these days I've mostly been buying nendoroids.

Top Bottom