• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Kazzy

no, EVER .

No empathy? For this?

K-ON!! Episode 22

AlGLy.jpg

All them feels! I must say, this arc that Azusa has gone on during this latter half of the season has been great, and it really does evoke memories of that overwhelming of emotion you often feel in your formative years. You know, those that you never can quite place at the time. It's so rare to watch something where your feel like your high-school experience is even remotely similar to what you see represented on the screen. But I think that K-ON! succeeds in eliciting some of that (almost) long forgotten state of existence.

The pacing is a strength here, because we (as the audience) are allowed to see what happens when the camera lingers, and aren't bombarded with just the 'highlights'. Azusa spends most of the episode in a state of confusion. She has never been a character to bear her emotions, so it's fascinating to see her so conflicted, with those feelings suddenly being pushed to the fore. What starts as a simple wish to present everyone with chocolate, suddenly becomes so much more for Azusa, as she begins to ponder the implications of their imminent departure.

So, when it comes time for her to finally hand over the chocolate she is suddenly forced to confront her own future, or to be more precise, the one without them. Her hesitation seemed to invoke memories of her introduction back in the first season, and the same uncertainty which she plagued her there. If she was once unsure what exactly it was she was looking for in the light-music club, then she was now coming to terms with bidding it farewell.

It was a bitter-sweet ending, as everyone gives her that little push, to finally accept the situation, and confront her feelings in the process. This is bookended in the contrasting visits to the shrine, with her initial reluctance (that first pray simply being a half-hearted gesture) turning into a full blown plea (for the others to get accepted into college), come the episodes end.

She got her wish!

But this is a world where Shinji exists!

Don't be hating on Shinji! Evangelion characters should be judged on their own terms, not the shitty archetypes that followed.

No empathy? For this?
And from that day forth, Azusa became a devout believer of Shintoism.
Don't be hating on Shinji! Evangelion characters should be judged on their own terms, not the shitty archetypes that followed.
Nope, I'm gonna hate on him as much as I want!
Watanabe has quite the inflated ego! Quoting himself all over the place like that...
Well I did start by bring up old posts of hers.

You have to understand ME!

I most certainly do. I don't think you're wrong for loving or hating the shows/games you like.

Except Tales of the Abyss. You just need to accept your true feelings.

Ultimadrago

Kazzy

K-On, TTGL, One Piece > Eva

Too Deep 4 U.

I try to make everyone understand why I love OreImo so much, but no one gets me.
It's not about the incest, it's about the implied incest.
that don't exist

Stop talking about incest.

I kinda missed and or not paid attention during the last 6 episodes or so of k-on!!

Yeah, you did!

I don't hate K-On! btw.

I wouldn't worry about it. I consider this to be the official KyoAni thread, anyways. We just have a tendency to lean towards K-ON!, every once in awhile.

I try to make everyone understand why I love OreImo so much, but no one gets me.
It's not about the incest, it's about the implied incest.
that don't exist
And I watch Manyuu Hikenchou for the plot!
I kinda missed and or not paid attention during the last 6 episodes or so of k-on!!
You need to right that wrong!
grrrpdd48.png

========================
<3
I wouldn't worry about it. I consider this to be the official KyoAni thread, anyways. We just have a tendency to lean towards K-ON!, every once in awhile.
It's also apparently the Persona Community thread...

Both of you bros:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/3c9d5e649ace9ce06c678428fde32223/tumblr_mjmuazYvgN1s6wq2ro1_500.gif[img][/QUOTE]
nooooooooooo gack

i'm allergic to hugs

[quote="Articalys, post: 55495920"]Behold!

If you live in Hikone you can go play it [I]right now[/I][/QUOTE]
that's a video game

Is it just the PS3 PSP port arcade-ified or something different?

Oh man, that's great! Love the Chibi art on the box, I hope to get some clean renders of those soon!
that's a video game

Is it just the PS3 PSP port arcade-ified or something different?
Nope, whole different game, this time published by Atlus instead of Sega!
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Is that Tear?
Yes, she's the cajunator of Tales of the Abyss, but she hates to admit it.
I have to talk about it somewhere.
Well there is the actual Persona community thread...

lol

Ultimadrago

Ah! I assume you've probably already collected everything, but I'll give it another shot at giving you something new:

That's the fan art they use for the cover of Malaysian bootlegs! Strangely enough, I've never found a clean hi-res version. Thanks!

hrmm..is this art new?

I'd expect them to create new art for an arcade cabinet.

All types of licensed games get even basic colored concept art out of the box at the very least (since it's used for development sans a straight-up lazy sequel to something). I'm sure the cards will have exclusive art too.

I'd expect them to create new art for an arcade cabinet.

All types of licensed games get even basic colored concept art out of the box at the very least (since it's used for development sans a straight-up lazy sequel to something). I'm sure the cards will have exclusive art too.
Yes, you would expect so, but the art by the games logo is actually old art, so we've been kinda speculating if we'd get anything new art wise out of this.
I think it's best that I don't.

Haha.

Ultimadrago

In case you need to go bigger!

I always go bigger!

Yes, you would expect so, but the art by the games logo is actually old art, so we've been kinda speculating if we'd get anything new art wise out of this.

Aah, I see. I only saw the close shots of the cards right now as well and how they're screens from the show. My bad! I still think it's fine here because Weiss Schwarz cards do the very same thing and they're quite popular.
No problem in following that vein, as it works in selling physical merchandise.

Someone remind me not to go into Gaming side right now, and then someone else restrain me so I don't just ignore the first person cause it's just so invitingly stupid today and distracting.

Low-quality cell phone video of arcade gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrUKoPZgXUI

Somebody already has almost all of the first set of cards... which I guess sort of answers Ultimadrago's question above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlmXQ8D_-4M (first half of video)
It looks simple, but looks pretty fun. Though I'm sure the card collecting is the real draw here.

And it looks like that guy was prepared for this. Looks like most of the cards are pulled from stills of the show, which isn't a bad thing at all, and I'm glad to see there are some holographic cards in the mix too.
I always go bigger!

Yes, you sure do.

No, it's something different. Card collecting rhythm game or something. Made by Atlus<3
Nope, whole different game, this time published by Atlus instead of Sega!
Oh! That's pretty cool. Of course if has something to do with cards, though. Seems like everything Arcade related in Japan has cards. :p

Someone remind me not to go into Gaming side right now, and then someone else restrain me so I don't just ignore the first person cause it's just so invitingly stupid today and distracting.
People are really stupid over there today. Is the weather off around the world today or something?

Top Bottom