• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

I want to see an episode where they learn to drive.
After seeing the special episode where they go out and get their passports, I'd love to see more of them doing seemingly mundane things.
Someone need to draw one where they all grow up to be doctors and lawyers. May be Yui can be bounty hunter or something.
That's what I was hoping for from the K-ON! College manga, but it ended before it really began really, which is a shame.
After I'm done catching up on my current shows, I'm thinking about marathoning through K-On!, but K-On!! I'm not so sure that I want to feel those feels that I felt then.
The first season has some pretty good feels too, but maybe those feels aren't as feely with the knowledge that there's a season afterwards with even more feels.
Now you'll know what I mean, when I refer to my "old shame".

I intend to rewatch it all at some point, along with new impressions!

It's not like you were completely wrong then, or anything bad like that, but it's interesting to see thoughts on fresh eyes as they say. Not knowing what happens next you know?

But yeah, rewatching is a great idea. There's so many things in K-ON! you can miss on your first viewing
Pay attention to the first scene of the first episode for one

And just to interject my own philosophy, I don't think one really loves a show/game unless they've watched/played it more than once. Though I guess that really only pertains to me.

Kazzy

It's not like you were completely wrong then, or anything bad like that, but it's interesting to see thoughts on fresh eyes as they say. Not knowing what happens next you know?

No, but there is some arrogance in how I judge the show, intially. Kind of like watching anything from the very beginning, and seeing how the characters change, I'm similarly weird in hindsight.
Before I was defeated through friendship.

Also, I never liked Mugi, but that was a revelation that I suddenly come to.

No, but there is some arrogance in how I judge the show, intially. Kind of like watching anything from the very beginning, and seeing how the characters change, I'm similarly weird in hindsight.
Before I was defeated through friendship.

Also, I never liked Mugi, but that was a revelation that I suddenly come to.

I guess your very early impressions do very much read like they're coming from a skeptic looking from afar not trying to get to into it. Over time you warmed more and more to the show, and this thread. It kind of makes you like the Azusa of this thread. lol

I'll definitely look forward to your thoughts on a rewatch!

cjkeats

I guess your very early impressions do very much read like they're coming from a skeptic looking from afar not trying to get to into it. Over time you warmed more and more to the show, and this thread. It kind of makes you like the Azusa of this thread. lol

Watanabe Kazunyan.

Don't ruin Kazzy-chan for me.

Watanabe Kazunyan.

WV7b9.gif

Don't ruin Kazzy-chan for me.

That's a failing on your part, not mine.

I have way too much fun bagging on her to change my opinion or let silly things like character development get in the way of first impressions.

cjkeats

My whole opion on her changed when I realized who voiced her. And her character image songs being my favourite ones helped a lot too.

AutumnAve

The first season has some pretty good feels too, but maybe those feels aren't as feely with the knowledge that there's a season afterwards with even more feels.
I feel you. It's amazing, really, that by the end of of K-On!! Just how completely wrapped up in the world I was. In hindsight, at the end of the second season, I wasnt crying because I was sad,
I was, though
but because I felt what they did. That I didn't want the experince, the good times, the fun, to end.

jW99Vph.gif

Besides that statement was largely ambiguous. Better than what shows? Better than Magi?
Don't see anything wrong really!
Better than every show.
Specifically better than Heartcatch Precure, Evangelion, and whatever other show Regulus holds dear to his heart.
Sounds like there needs to be a K-ONGAF rewatching again
That's what we do every Sunday!

Or at least try to.
I have way too much fun bagging on her to change my opinion or let silly things like character development get in the way of first impressions.
rfaUDZe.gif

I feel you. It's amazing, really, that by the end of of K-On!! Just how completely wrapped up in the world I was. In hindsight, at the end of the second season, I wasnt crying because I was sad,
I was, though
but because I felt what they did. That I didn't want the experince, the good times, the fun, to end.
I hear you, but that shouldn't stop you from watching the fun episodes of season 2 again!

Stark

Banned
Oddly enough, Yui is my favorite Keion, but has my least favorite character songs.
Same with Mugi. Least favorite character, some of my favorite songs.

I think Ui's are pretty awesome too, especially Shiny Gems.

That's amusing and this is my first time hearing the supporting cast character songs and I have not heard Mugi's.

This is quite catchy though. Her voice is adorable, lol.

cjkeats

That's amusing and this is my first time hearing the supporting cast character songs and I have not heard Mugi's.

This is quite catchy though. Her voice is adorable, lol.

Dear my Keys is catchy as shitttttttt. Reminds of an 80's song. I love it.

Also, I love the word "Watashi". It's fun to hear for some reason.

cjkeats

Yay Dark Arisen! It's so good though. it's missing one of the best things from the original, which is this song, sadly. :(

Wii U is cool, but I've only played it maybe 10 hours since I bought it back in November...

So they Super Street Fighter 4'd it? Bummer. Indestructible was the best thing about that game.
I'm using the same logic I have for other systems: There's gonna be games I want eventually, might as well throw money at it while I got it to burn. Because saving is too logical for me. Maybe.

So they Super Street Fighter 4'd it? Bummer. Indestructible was the best thing about that game.
I'm using the same logic I have for other systems: There's gonna be games I want eventually, might as well throw money at it while I got it to burn. Because saving is too logical for me. Maybe.

At least Dragon's Dogma is still awesome. I have the custom soundtrack to play Dangan everytime though. ;D

Kazzy

We're not so different in that regard, so let me share you with you my eventual feelings on Azusa:

They pulled it out of the fryer with Azusa, they really did. I used to dislike her, easily the least favourite of the cast for me. I felt that inclusion was so egregious, because she offered nothing new to the dynamic, particularly as she initially shared so many similar traits with Mio. But to use that unremarkable personality and then to invert that by way of some well-judged character development, made for one of the most interesting aspects of the second-season, at least for me. The emotional-arc that she underwent never felt contrived or hackneyed, and it felt like you were watching someone struggling to cope with loss, without any real capacity to do so. It wasn't resolved quickly, and it was messy and complicated. It did what all the key moments in K-ON! have done, and that's to elicit genuine feelings from its characters.

Oddly enough, Yui is my favorite Keion, but has my least favorite character songs.
Same with Mugi. Least favorite character, some of my favorite songs.

I think Ui's are pretty awesome too, especially Shiny Gems.
Oddly enough, Mio is my favorite Keion, but also has my favorite character songs.
That stings man. :(
Are you Regulus?

But really, I haven nothing against those shows. You just have to understand K-ON! is my absolute favorite.
Better than Eva? Let's not go crazy, here...

# of Shinjis
K-ON!: 0
Evangelion: 1

I think K-ON! is the clear winner here.
We're not so different in that regard, so let me share you with you my eventual feelings on Azusa:
Yeah, I definitely agree with you there. Once she starts becoming more than Mio's loli clone, she becomes a much more enjoyable character.

Top Bottom