• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

oTir7.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Now I want to read this doujin, someone PM me
also im going through a sudden k-on withdrawal so im gonna rewatch it again :D
they really need to animate college arc :(

foxuzamaki

It doesn't really fit the story very well, so probably unlikely?
Well if the author decided the were sisters I dont think they would change the story much.
llImC1V.gif

If you really look at them, there's not much they share in common besides hair color. Mio is taller than Azusa, Mio is much more blessed than Azusa, and their eyes have a completely different shape to them and completely different colors.

true but they also have in common that they are basically the more serious people of the group and are usually the outliers when everyone else wants to do something thats potentially dumb

Well if the author decided the were sisters I dont think they would change the story much.

true but they also have in common that they are basically the more serious people of the group and are usually the outliers when everyone else wants to do something thats potentially dumb

Yes, they both usually play the straight man, but the reason for them to do so comes from two different places.
Azusa is a straight lace at heart. She sees having fun goofing off as time wasted not getting better as a band. She takes things seriously because of how she was raised, with her parents being jazz musicians. She takes music deathly seriously.
Mio on the other hand tries to maintain normalcy out of the fear of being embarrassed. It's out of this fear that she creates this calm serious facade. She studies hard so she won't feel the scorn of others and wants her and her friends to practice hard so they don't all embarrass themselves on stage.

foxuzamaki

Yes, they both usually play the straight man, but the reason for them to do so comes from two different places.
Azusa is a straight lace at heart. She sees having fun goofing off as time wasted not getting better as a band. She takes things seriously because of how she was raised, with her parents being jazz musicians. She takes music deathly seriously.
Mio on the other hand tries to maintain normalcy out of the fear of being embarrassed. It's out of this fear that she creates this calm serious facade. She studies hard so she won't feel the scorn of others and wants her and her friends to practice hard so they don't all embarrass themselves on stage.

That's true.

I need to actually watch through the first season. Have only seen the first couple of episodes. Not sure why I didn't continue with it.

The only one I didn't see was the finale. Thought the series as a whole was mediocre, but the animation was up to scratch (as expected :p)

Is there more Chuuni coming out? I'd prefer that to be honest.

Actually, I'll add some context...that gif above was me after getting to work today and then realizing I forgot some stuff I need at home.

Here's something else I found on my Google image search travels...

R6CocvQ.gif

Poor Yui...

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
The second and last of Montreal's convention season brings here another crosspost from the NeoCosplay topic because of my abuse on poor Yui:
So I went to the Montreal Comic-Con last weekend and since it marked the end of the month-long Montreal convention season, here are my galleries of the two Montreal conventions so that I don't mass imagedump everything:

Otakuthon:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

Montreal Comic-Con:
Opening event
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

Anyhoo, as a sample of my MCC gallery: just as with Otakuthon last time...

A. I met Daleks again: this time, the impressive Dalek Clifton and Dalek Dreadnaught.
B. I have decided it's time for another round of my Yui plushie hanging out with cosplayers (Fun fact: the Spartan was the moment another photographer called me out on my rampant plushie abuse):

RuhCB8d.jpg
LjXoNBh.jpg

Qr8Ljz7.jpg
O0bE3mY.jpg

7XUlqHd.jpg
SoFeWst.jpg

YhduHxg.jpg

8WlhjxA.jpg

RIjRvKd.jpg

lsirZGC.jpg

LayLa

Got an 86/100 on my final assignment for the module I'm currently doing, just the exam left. :3

congrats! i just finished the final big examinable assignment on my module yesterday, now free from modules till February. how did your Java exam go? i missed getting distinction by 2%, was kinda gutted by that, to get so close :/

6LhB1HX.gif

Got an 86/100 on my final assignment for the module I'm currently doing, just the exam left. :3

Congrats!

congrats! i just finished the final big examinable assignment on my module yesterday, now free from modules till February. how did your Java exam go? i missed getting distinction by 2%, was kinda gutted by that, to get so close :/

Damn, that's unlucky and must of been pretty frustrating :p

what are you studying?

All you kids still in education.

StayDead

lol i'm not a kid, doing a degree in computer programming via the OU
wish i was a kid though ;_;

I'm also doing an OU degree but I think I may have already said before. The one I just did was M250 but the one I'm currently doing is M256. I think I got a high pass, I wasn't too far off a distinction for the whole module and for the exam I got... 79.

I was 84 on my OCAS and 79 on my OES which I was happy with. My next module is T216 (the Cisco one) and in February and every module start after that I'm going to have to do 2 modules at a time if I hope to finish my degree in 2 years.

LayLa

I'm also doing an OU degree but I think I may have already said before. The one I just did was M250 but the one I'm currently doing is M256. I think I got a high pass, I wasn't too far off a distinction for the whole module and for the exam I got... 79.

I was 84 on my OCAS and 79 on my OES which I was happy with. My next module is T216 (the Cisco one) and in February and every module start after that I'm going to have to do 2 modules at a time if I hope to finish my degree in 2 years.

sounds like you are doing B62 BSc (Honours) Computing and IT same as me? just finished T215 which was my last 2nd level course, starting 3rd level ones in Feb but haven't decided what yet :/

lol i'm not a kid, doing a degree in computer programming via the OU
wish i was a kid though ;_;

Ah my bad.
me too ;_;

That rush to finish! Don't overload yourself.

StayDead

sounds like you are doing B62 BSc (Honours) Computing and IT same as me? just finished T215 which was my last 2nd level course, starting 3rd level ones in Feb but haven't decided what yet :/

Yeah that's the degree I'm doing. I've worked out that I finish 5 modules not counting M256 or T216 (which is just starting) to get my degree and 2 of them I want to do's last start date is february so I'll need to do 2 in february, 2 next september and the last one the february after. By that point I'll be 25, have been a carer for 8 or so years and I'll probably be fucked in terms of jobs as I've never had one, but I'm hoping my Dad's company can take off and he can get me in somewhere.

I really need to get this degree done so I can move on with my life X_X

Yeah that's the degree I'm doing. I've worked out that I finish 5 modules not counting M256 or T216 (which is just starting) to get my degree and 2 of them I want to do's last start date is february so I'll need to do 2 in february, 2 next september and the last one the february after. By that point I'll be 25, have been a carer for 8 or so years and I'll probably be fucked in terms of jobs as I've never had one, but I'm hoping my Dad's company can take off and he can get me in somewhere.

I really need to get this degree done so I can move on with my life X_X

Don't let that get you down. I turned 25 this year and this is the first full time job I've had that uses my Qualification.

StayDead

Don't let that get you down. I turned 25 this year and this is the first full time job I've had that uses my Qualification.

I'm not letting it get me down, it's just I've got a few members of my family who keep going on about the fact that after 25/26 you'll never be able to get into a job.

Atleast going in the path I'm doing my Dad has a load of contacts, has his own business himself (he just set up this year and if he goes well he said he'll give me a job if he can as well as train me in what I need to know (although I think he'll do that even without hiring me)) and if all else fails I can try setting up my own software development company using my Dad's contacts as leverage haha. People may say that's the weaker way out, but you don't get anywhere in a capitalist society without abusing connections.

Top Bottom