• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

My 2 TB spiny is internal. It's filling up though. ( ̄Д ̄)ノ

With wonderful drawings of yours, right?

QAktuA9.gif

Syrinx

Crossposting movie impressions from the anime thread:

K-ON! The Movie

This was good. Like, really good.

I think what stood out to me most was how even though Yui's still at heart a bit of a ditz and clumsy and lacks an attention span, this was Yui at possibly her most grown and mature that I've seen. The movie was really centered around her wanting to do something for Azusa for once, as it hits her like a bag of bricks that even though Azusa is their friend, she may not look up to them the way their underclassman/protege should. And so the whole time Yui is really trying hard to give something (a song) to her so that she can understand how much she's meant to them.

And it becomes even more than that as she and the others learn how much Azusa has meant to them. Her joining really was the point where they really got to the level they got. And she was the one that kept them focused and grounded (well, focused and grounded enough, considering the people in the band). And it all culminates in probably the best song they've produced. So yeah. I don't want to say the show treated Azusa as a fifth wheel, cause that wouldn't be accurate. But I think this movie really was a good tribute to Azusa and just how much she meant to the Light Music Club.

Last 20 minutes or so were :firehawk as fuck (am I using that right?). The bird they saw at the end, the reminiscing it caused. And then that last scene of their legs just walking. Yui backwards.

So yeah, very good. More thoughts:

-Sentai needs to learn the definition of "road trip" Road trip implies there's a road. Getting on a plane and flying to England is not a road trip.

-Appreciate them using British voices and all, but that guy who owned the sushi restaurant sounded really weird.

-When Azusa mentioned her new shoes when they were about to go on the subway, I thought she was trying to say she didn't want her new shoes ruined by getting in a piss-stained subway station. I don't know what condition London's subway system is in, but if it's anything like the ones in New York or Chicago, I wouldn't have blamed her.

-The moments with Yui and Azusa were the best ones, which is understandable given the focus on the movie.

-You really need to make reservations at a tea place in London? Or did they happen to enter a fancier place and assumed the rest of them were like that?

So yeah, liked it. Tell Chet to stop bugging me now.

A K-On! community? Awesome!

What I really liked about the movie is that I live near London and the attention to detail may not have been especially hard to pull off (endorsements etc I guess) but it made the whole thing feel really genuine. It's almost disappointing to think that they were never actually in the locations around Earls Court and Southbank for real though.

The overemphasis on the English language made me laugh too. Really typical London accents used.

What I really liked about the movie is that I live near London and the attention to detail may not have been especially hard to pull off (endorsements etc I guess) but it made the whole thing feel really genuine. It's almost disappointing to think that they were never actually in the locations around Earls Court and Southbank for real though.

The overemphasis on the English language made me laugh too. Really typical London accents used.

Welcome. Those were some of my favourite points too~!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Welcome! we're going through a period where people are hardly commenting right now but we've been around for a while :)

Welcome to the best thread on GAF!

I like to think the whole movie is funnier when you know English. To see the girls really struggling with the language barrier is really cute too.

I've read that the animators took a trip to london before making the movie, so you can see why they could make the place look authentic in the movie.

StayDead

Most of my parts have now shipped or will ship tomorrow. Kinda nervous X_X

Really looking forward to it at this current point in time and just want to get it over and done with haha :D

Top Bottom