• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Azusa

Speakin of butts,

As a lover of butts, how could you not want such a delicious butt figure?

I should add my last month acquisition.

m56vrfE.jpg

This is great. I never realised there are Metal Slug figures about
Yeah, a friend of mine told me about the Fio figure when were playing metal slug since I expressed how I loved the character. I believe it's still up on a website he told me about and it's cheap if your intereste in it. I believe he said the site name was otacute.com, but it's going out of business.

Yes. It's huge.
Good lord..that size lol

Manga is better than the show! So do that.

Personally, even if an anime is poorly adapted, I'll always prefer it because of the music, voice acting, and animation (though there are some shows where any combination of those have turned me off entirely). Manga and Light Novels to me are just story boards and scripts, respectively, for what I consider to be a more comprehensive package.

Many shows and movies (including adaptations) have been made even greater due to their scores and emotional performances by those acting the parts. Obviously I'm not going to condemn it, but I can't imagine only reading K-On! when half of it is audio-centric.

But that's the thing, the manga isn't. It's the focus on interactions between the girls, who just so happen to be in a light music club. It's not focused on the music.

That makes sense. Again, I'm speaking subjectively. A big part of K-On's appeal to me was its voice acting (yui and azusa in particular) and OST, even if it wasn't the main focus the creators were going for. I don't mean it in a pretentious way or anything either, and I don't mean against those who read them. I just think for shows like this, they deserve the flavors topped off with a cherry.

(actually working on graphic novelish thing of my own so I'm being a bit hypocritical, lol)

That makes sense. Again, I'm speaking subjectively. A big part of K-On's appeal to me was its voice acting (yui and azusa in particular) and OST, even if it wasn't the main focus the creators were going for. I don't mean it in a pretentious way or anything either, and I don't mean against those who read them. I just think for shows like this, they deserve the flavors topped off with a cherry.

(actually working on graphic novelish thing of my own so I'm being a bit hypocritical, lol)

That's true, I like the show for those things aswell. To be fair, it's silly to compare the two. I just wanted to point out that unlike the show, the focus of the music is quite minimal in the manga, if at all really.

Better? Maybe. It's hard to compare, manga is very different from the show. Every episode is about cake, while manga about girls.

You're right, they are two of the same, yet completely different.

The reason the show is so special is because KyoAni took a crappy 4-koma with shitty art and made it something special.

Get back to watching your pretty boy shows.

If it helps clarify, I guess I should mention that I'm a soundtrack junkie and I usually look forward to expanding the collection after watching a new show.

IKA5PXy.png

Not gonna say which album is the largest :p

That's true, I like the show for those things aswell. To be fair, it's silly to compare the two. I just wanted to point out that unlike the show, the focus of the music is quite minimal in the manga, if at all really.

I understand the original point now! Actually, I've been meaning to give some Manga a go since my old Library is closing down. What better way to start than with tea and cake?

If it helps clarify, I guess I should mention that I'm a soundtrack junkie and I usually look forward to expanding the collection after watching a new show.

http://i.imgur.com/IKA5PXy.png[img]

Not gonna say which album is the largest :p[/QUOTE]

Sunday without God OST is brilliant~!

I sadly don't have many anime soundtracks.

I was about to lambast you for not having the awesome WOGK soundtrack in there, then I saw it and I was happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMDLdnMgl1c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFx8lgMqN7I&feature=player_detailpage

<3333

Yes! WOGK is one of my favorites. I usually play all its background tracks while drawing and it's incredibly inspirational. Some of these soundtracks have made my appreciation of a show go up just by re listening to them.

Also looking at that, I think I'll shave the OST suffix off.

Sunday without God OST is brilliant~!

I sadly don't have many anime soundtracks.

Indeed. If you can brave the lag and disorganization, Youtube can make for a good playlist. Every time I get the disc copies my wallet dies. And then you guys go and post these figures right before the holidays...

224433zufynziffzgmz9y1.gif

Azusa

Not gonna say which album is the largest :p

What is it? Is it a software or some web library?

Usually I don't listen anime OST, but sometimes there are great rare things like Ikoku Meiro no Croisee and Yumekui Merry OST.

And yes, K-ON OST is the largest I know. I remember that big box with all K-ON music collection with 12 CDs, over 200 tracks and not so great $$$.

What is it? Is it a software or some web library?

Usually I don't listen anime OST, but sometimes there are great rare things like Ikoku Meiro no Croisee and Yumekui Merry OST.

And yes, K-ON OST is the largest I know. I remember that big box with all K-ON music collection with 12 CDs, over 200 tracks and not so great $$$.

iTunes. In the beginning of the year, I suddenly had all this Anime music that I wanted to organize and put on my iPod. Other than some minor limitations, it's helped tremendously and the tidiness encourages me to look for more! I imagine there is a web list out there for Youtube playlists or something, but this lets me travel with it. I think you can store your library in the cloud and actually use it like a web playlist also, or at least access it from somewhere else.

K-On's full album was the largest I encountered until I watched WOGK. There is a ridiculous amount of J-pop in that show.

Indeed. If you can brave the lag and disorganization, Youtube can make for a good playlist. Every time I get the disc copies my wallet dies. And then you guys go and post these figures right before the holidays...

This is my problem, I won't download an album. I have to own it. No principle things, more like OCD lol.

as for figures, it's like meth.

I really want the donut box, with the vinyls. £100 though :/ I came so close to buying it at one point.

K-On's full album was the largest I encountered until I watched WOGK. There is a ridiculous amount of J-pop in that show.

I guess you have the 2-B Pencils stuff too. I quite enjoyed that.

Azusa

I'm slowly working my way towards it, but after the shows themselves. Those are an arm and a leg.

I don't even want to imagine what a 10" figure costs.

Figure is way cheaper than animu if you are buying each animu vol. separate, not in one complete box.

Top Bottom