• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Kazzy

It's nice to see that the Mugi baton has been passed. You know, there was a time when it felt like I had to fight to get her any sort of shine around these parts!

If you get an opportunity to study/work in Japan, do it. Best time of my life was when I was there and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Japan is pretty great, I hear...

There's something to be said for really being at least a little selfish, and going out to fulfill your aspirations. Though not entirely similar (age and other factors), I encountered a crossroads that was a little similar to yours, StayDead. I was so narrow-minded in graduating and earning my degree, that I hadn't really mapped out what I was actually going to do after the fact.

It's a strange feeling, to feel all this obligation to get things finished, only to then have it all suddenly vanish. It wasn't that long of a period, and I wasn't really depressed or anything - I was just aimless, probably for the first time in my life. But that was only little under a year ago (if that), so it's amazing how fast things can turn around, once you light that fire. I think actually knowing what you're going to do is the most difficult thing.

In fact, a little bit of it was even cataloged along the way in this very thread! Well, the first one.

-----------------------------

Hello, new people!

It'd be a little rude of me if I didn't say anything, especially as it's been quite a while since I poked around these parts myself!

I don't know what else to say, other than I have a tendency to talk at length, about anything and everything. Kind of like now...

------------------------------

*Slaps cheeks*

And with all that said, it's time to class this place up a little!

9U1x32O.jpg

Adding to the above it just made me realise more than I ever have that when I saw my Dad looking at his old pictures just how god damned important it is to enjoy life and enjoy spending every little or large pieces of time you spend with your family, because they won't be there forever. I mean I've always felt that but now even more so.
Sounds like you're on the right track! Just enjoy every moment, you don't realise how important some of those times can be till much later, and how often we take it all for granted.

Suguha best girl on SA:O tonight!

Hopefully this will spark a trend of people realising how great she is!

This is nice, almost as nice as the other (sortof) realistic ones.

*Slaps cheeks*

And with all that said, it's time to class this place up a little!

Guys, guys, who left the door open?

----------

I got a wii U, gimmie your NNIDs!

Congrats!!

What games did you get for it? Wonderful 101 is a must-have if you didn't pick it up already. New Super Mario U and Luigi are great, Pikmin 3 is fantastic, and remember, Mario 3D World in a couple weeks :D

leechaolan is my NNID.

Hopefully this will spark a trend of people realising how great she is!

Oh, Dave. You continue to delight me with your excellent taste in Moe <3

Here's her new Alter figure coming out soon that I have pre-ordered!

FdtNQa4.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Congrats!!

What games did you get for it? Wonderful 101 is a must-have if you didn't pick it up already. New Super Mario U and Luigi are great, Pikmin 3 is fantastic, and remember, Mario 3D World in a couple weeks :D

leechaolan is my NNID.

Oh, Dave. You continue to delight me with your excellent taste in Moe <3

Here's her new Alter figure coming out soon that I have pre-ordered!

FdtNQa4.jpg
just NSMBU right now because of the bundle I got but plan to get more my next paycheck.
Give me yours and I'll gladly give you mine.

We've been caught with our pants down!
foxuzamaki :)

Uraizen

Banned
There's a way to fix this.

Indeed.

We would love for you to be more active :)

Oh shit, PTW! Yo, you wanna join Caj, Ave, Stark, and I on Skype sometime? We've been BSing around, playing games, and just shootin' the shit.

I LOVED IT! :D

SILENCE!

Hi guys, what's going on in here

I miss you guys ;_;

I miss you, too. ;_;
Even though we talk outside of here, LOL!

Today has made me feel really emotional for some reason, I really am lucky to have family like I do.

Supportive?

Come back to twitter so we can talk about One Piece. I've started reading it. I've even bought a figure already!

Eh... I dunno, I don't really feel comfortable coming back.

It's nice to see that the Mugi baton has been passed. You know, there was a time when it felt like I had to fight to get her any sort of shine around these parts!

Mugi takes some time to warm up to for others.

I got a wii U, gimmie your NNIDs!

uraizen

So pretty much the same as everything else.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Indeed.

Oh shit, PTW! Yo, you wanna join Caj, Ave, Stark, and I on Skype sometime? We've been BSing around, playing games, and just shootin' the shit.

SILENCE!

I miss you, too. ;_;
Even though we talk outside of here, LOL!

Supportive?

Eh... I dunno, I don't really feel comfortable coming back.

Mugi takes some time to warm up to for others.

uraizen

So pretty much the same as everything else.
haha, your not very active in miiverse.

Kazzy

Guys, guys, who left the door open?

When I left, I made sure to copy the keys.

-------------------------------

Irrespective of whether or not I was active in the community, I've been thinking a little lately about K-ON! And now that I'm actually watching anime regularly again, I think I may revisit the series and see if my opinion has changed at all. I'm fascinated by the dichotomy that exists between the manga and the anime, as it really underlines the importance of execution. Because, you know, the anime is a KyoAni masterclass, whilst the manga sort of trundles along on the general apathy that only a 4-koma can bring.

Uraizen

Banned
That's around 5pm, I'd be on my way home from work. I don't tend to get back on my laptop afterwards. Only for a few hours at around 8-10.

Well... that explains that, I've only opened up skype a few times to see if you're on. If you're not then I usually close it. Wasn't sure what I should be looking for other than "No weekends."

When I left, I made sure to copy the keys.

I knew we should of changed the locks.

Irrespective of whether or not I was active in the community, I've been thinking a little lately about K-ON! And now that I'm actually watching regularly watching anime again, I think I may revisit the series and see if my opinion has changed at all. I'm fascinated by the dichotomy that exists between the manga and the anime, as it really underlines the importance of execution. Because, you know, the anime is a KyoAni masterclass, whilst the manga sort of trundles along on the general apathy that only a 4-koma can bring.

A rewatch might be good, and who knows, you might even see stuff you missed the first time round. In fact. I hope you do, and you point it out so I don't have too.

As everyone is probably aware. I prefer the manga to the show. Which is why I'm deeply upset that the high school manga has been delayed twice, and I now have to wait till the 21st. >:T

haha, your not very active in miiverse.
I can't get him to draw me anything no matter how many boobs I draw him.
The best game that the Wii U has to offer.
It is fun to draw Mios and seeing what random weirdos have to say.
No Mugis allowed there apparently.
Irrespective of whether or not I was active in the community, I've been thinking a little lately about K-ON! And now that I'm actually watching regularly watching anime again, I think I may revisit the series and see if my opinion has changed at all. I'm fascinated by the dichotomy that exists between the manga and the anime, as it really underlines the importance of execution. Because, you know, the anime is a KyoAni masterclass, whilst the manga sort of trundles along on the general apathy that only a 4-koma can bring.
See me after class.

Well... that explains that, I've only opened up skype a few times to see if you're on. If you're not then I usually close it. Wasn't sure what I should be looking for other than "No weekends."

Ah, yeah, I don't really have a place I've set up my computer, normally sitting in the living room where my friend is, so I can't really talk :x

Kazzy

See me after class.

Are you implying that I make mistakes!? I cannot. I will not.

But the manga is a strange beast to me, it simply feels like the framework of good ideas, those that would later be leveraged so effectively with the anime. I feel as though it's a victim of the format as much as anything, because it doesn't exactly allow for much development. It's something that reading the college and high-school stuff exacerbated, because there are some good ideas in there. The problem being that they often get ignored or buried, amidst the need to have a throwaway gag, or such like.

That's because I wanna play W101 instead!
Why not both?
She wasn't in color, so I wasn't going to bother including her.
I know, seems kind of mean to shove her off to the side like that, but I love it regardless.
Are you implying that I make mistakes!? I cannot. I will not.
I would never!
But the manga is a strange beast to me, it simply feels like the framework of good ideas, those that would later be leveraged so effectively with the anime. I feel as though it's a victim of the format as much as anything, because it doesn't exactly allow for much development. It's something that reading the college and high-school stuff exacerbated, because there are some good ideas in there. The problem being that they often get ignored or buried, amidst the need to have a throwaway gag, or such like.
Which is why I wanna see the last two manga volumes turned into anime, I just really want to see what they end up doing with it.
Mmmm boots.

Top Bottom