• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
been busy finally getting around ot finishing episode 3 and im laughing at the engrish part, even the teacher, speaking english didnt speak english well that I wouldnt know what she said if it wasent for the subs lol

cajunator

Banned
Speaking of Rikka, kyoani released the figure and nippon yasan shipped it out. Currently in customs in Chicago but will be here in a few days!

Articalys

Well, it would seem that somehow our network connection is dropping 10-20% of packets, which pretty much makes it impossible to stream any sort of video.

2xpR1C6.jpg
jpVsELD.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=5235921

Who watches the show with the dub? Not only do I find the dub VA to be pretty terrible, the disconnect caused by them speaking in English and then singing in Japanese destroys the atmosphere of the show for me.

So I say go for it! thought $200 is pretty steep.
I never caught the dub more than once, but I thought the casting choices were all right. It worked for the most part IMO.

StayDead

I'm yet to ever see a dub of any language to any language that I've found any way remotely entertaining or that sounds correct. It always looks and feels completely wrong and if it's a language I don't understand I'd much rather have subs.

Maybe it was from watching so many chinese martial arts films when I was growing up and seeing the whole mouth moving 100 times a second into "no" that kinda threw me off of the idea or maybe it's the incredibly bad voice actors/actresses that they seem to hire every time as they're cheap. Wendee Lee (shudders).

Also, to make my post seem less pessemistic, enjoy some based Laura and nopan Char

Azusa

K-ON! is getting a collected rerelease bundle of season one in Japan with new packaging and, I would presume, a better price than buying the discs separately.

Considering selling off my U.S. Region discs to afford this, what with there being the Japanese commentary tracks and the URA-ON shorts as well as English subtitles. Oh wait, no dub. Hmm... HMMMMM......

I have already checked Amazon JP and its cheaper there. ~21k with shipping to EU.
Now I can't decide what to buy. This or new akb bluray set.

I'm yet to ever see a dub of any language to any language that I've found any way remotely entertaining or that sounds correct. It always looks and feels completely wrong and if it's a language I don't understand I'd much rather have subs.

Maybe it was from watching so many chinese martial arts films when I was growing up and seeing the whole mouth moving 100 times a second into "no" that kinda threw me off of the idea or maybe it's the incredibly bad voice actors/actresses that they seem to hire every time as they're cheap. Wendee Lee (shudders).

Some of the dubs here in Norway are quite good, as long as it's not live action movies/TV series at least, those are just awful.

I'm sorry to just barge back into the thread, but that is clearly a nonsense statement. Care to qualify that?
I lit the Kazzy signal and you fell for it. That's what.
Considering selling off my U.S. Region discs to afford this, what with there being the Japanese commentary tracks and the URA-ON shorts as well as English subtitles. Oh wait, no dub. Hmm... HMMMMM......

A true K-ON! K-ollector would never sell a piece of K-ON! merch no matter what it is.

LayLa

looking through the Death Devil montage there are other girls in the music room, a second proto k-on band maybe? (i love the detail of the song titles on the whiteboard!)

NSmaLjs.jpg

LayLa

Yeah, clubs usually have more than like 4 people.

b-b-but what about all those anime where they don't have enough people to form a club, are you saying that anime *gulp* lied to me?
next you're going to tell me that every time i sneeze someone isn't talking about me ;_;

Top Bottom