• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Where'd you get yours from and are you satisfied with it? I know there's tons of touch screen games that won't work, but do you feel there's enough other games to warrant the purchase?

I got mine at launch from a European site who are based in Japan, they ship to France, UK mostly. At the moment, unless you play/have alot of Japanese games, I'd say wait. I'm not 100% sure on what NA games are currently working. I know of a few, but there's probably more.

There is a virtual touch screen, so I assume that they will work, maybe just not the ones that rely on it heavily (DJ Max etc..)

I'm going to get a bunch of games of the JPSN store, they have a VitaTV section.

Just sent my kon quiz entry!

Woo! How's you think you done?

how long do i have left? D:

Final day is the 16th, but I'd get it in on the 15th if I was you, time zones and all that Jazz.

LayLa

how long do i have left? D:

about 3 and a half days
there are 41 episodes, if you skip the OP & ED giving an average of 22 minutes per episode that would be 15 hours of back-to-back K-On awesomeness enabling you to answer all but 2 of the questions.
so plenty of time then
lol

LayLa

I got mine at launch from a European site who are based in Japan, they ship to France, UK mostly. At the moment, unless you play/have alot of Japanese games, I'd say wait. I'm not 100% sure on what NA games are currently working. I know of a few, but there's probably more.

does it have the same bubble menu? easily my least fav thing about Vita :/

about 3 and a half days
there are 41 episodes, if you skip the OP & ED giving an average of 22 minutes per episode that would be 15 hours of back-to-back K-On awesomeness enabling you to answer all but 2 of the questions.
so plenty of time then
lol
if i watch in fast4word that would be enuff!! :D

does it have the same bubble menu? easily my least fav thing about Vita :/

Yep, the layout is pretty much identical, which is kind of annoying, because the more I open the more tabs there are and I can't swipe them away.

The store looks different, but that might just be how the JPSN store looks.

LayLa

Yep, the layout is pretty much identical, which is kind of annoying, because the more I open the more tabs there are and I can't swipe them away.

yeesh that doesn't sound good.
Mio would have a Vita, Ritsu still plays MH on PSP, Yui has an Animal Crossing 3DS and that's the only game she plays, Azusa plays music rhythm games obsessively, Mugi has one of every console ever made and never plays them.

yeah I'm weird like that...didn't go to a single game/music store and didn't even visit Akiba *facepalm*

We tried to do a bit of everything, but was there for only 6 full days. Went to shrines, temples, imperial palace + gardens, 2 art exhibits, museums (including Ghibli), Odaiba, Disneyland and 2 half days in Akiba. One of the half-days in Akiba it just happened to be the Media Factory summer event so we were lucky and saw some anime voice actresses.

Yeah arcades were after my time.

Aiko making everybody else in the thread feel old.

the only arcade game before that I ever played was the TMNT one because that's all that was around when I grew up...that place was trying to get pool tourneys so they needed space :/

Weren't a lot of arcade games around here either. One of the few I played when growing up was Final Fight....

if i watch in fast4word that would be enuff!! :D

Nah. That only works if you've watched it before. Like me :p

Madao

yeesh that doesn't sound good.
Mio would have a Vita, Ritsu still plays MH on PSP, Yui has an Animal Crossing 3DS and that's the only game she plays, Azusa plays music rhythm games obsessively, Mugi has one of every console ever made and never plays them.

so basically Mugi is your average GAFer.

Josephl64

Precious Memories has K-ON! cards.

Yeah I noticed that looking at my cardsleeves, but without anybody to play with, it's hard to get motivated.

We tried to do a bit of everything, but was there for only 6 full days. Went to shrines, temples, imperial palace + gardens, 2 art exhibits, museums (including Ghibli), Odaiba, Disneyland and 2 half days in Akiba. One of the half-days in Akiba it just happened to be the Media Factory summer event so we were lucky and saw some anime voice actresses.

Aiko making everybody else in the thread feel old.

Weren't a lot of arcade games around here either. One of the few I played when growing up was Final Fight....

Nah. That only works if you've watched it before. Like me :p

That's cool, I spent a month there so it was kind of unfortunate I didn't do anything else, but I was able to climb a mountain and meet a deer who ate my friend's ice-cream ~

There is a virtual touch screen, so I assume that they will work, maybe just not the ones that rely on it heavily (DJ Max etc..)

I'm going to get a bunch of games of the JPSN store, they have a VitaTV section.

Woo! How's you think you done?

Final day is the 16th, but I'd get it in on the 15th if I was you, time zones and all that Jazz.

All my Vita games are JP so now I'm really interested, now I just have to look up what games are compatible with it

Josephl64

He became a friend :)

4424_1140732448735_8372549_n.jpg

That's cool, I spent a month there so it was kind of unfortunate I didn't do anything else, but I was able to climb a mountain and meet a deer who ate my friend's ice-cream ~

Never did climb a mountain while I was there. Didn't even go up the Tokyo Tower or the Nagoya TV Tower due to being afraid of heights. Did meet some deer when I went to a shrine/temple near Hiroshima. They fortunately did not try to steal any of my food ;).

Never did climb a mountain while I was there. Didn't even go up the Tokyo Tower or the Nagoya TV Tower due to being afraid of heights. Did meet some deer when I went to a shrine/temple near Hiroshima. They fortunately did not try to steal any of my food ;).

When and where did you go? Always fun hearing about other peoples trips to Japan :D

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Tell me more... Sounds interesting.
What I can say is they know about "window shoppers" also im watching in HQ on my wiiUso the colors really pop and looks good, its a slice of life show sorta like in the style of k-on so far but on the 2nd episode now and its really meta about real life, like moreso than any other anime.

Joshiraku is a comedy anime that relies heavily on Japanese Pop culture references and Japanese puns. K-ON! is referenced quite a few times across the show.

When and where did you go? Always fun hearing about other peoples trips to Japan :D

I was an exchange student there during my junior year of college back in '01-'02. Lived with a host family just outside of Nagoya and went to Nanzan University there. Best time of my life easily. Definitely looking to go back in the not-too-distant future.

What I can say is they know about "window shoppers" also im watching in HQ on my wiiUso the colors really pop and looks good, its a slice of life show sorta like in the style of k-on so far but on the 2nd episode now and its really meta about real life, like moreso than any other anime.

Joshiraku is a comedy anime that relies heavily on Japanese Pop culture references and Japanese puns. K-ON! is referenced quite a few times across the show.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info.

I was an exchange student there during my junior year of college back in '01-'02. Lived with a host family just outside of Nagoya and went to Nanzan University there. Best time of my life easily. Definitely looking to go back in the not-too-distant future.

Cool. Have you kept in touch with the host family?

Josephl64

that's cool...I wonder how I could even do that, guessing I can't and will have to wait until I graduate for JET and the like

Cool, I just wonder if the Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward works on it

I just did the same for Noucome. I enjoyed it, but it's one of those damn harem anime where nothing is resolved at the end =/

It was worth it ultimately for Yukihura though <3

Josephl64

I used to try to watch everything but haven't really watched anything new in 2 seasons...I remember forcing myself through Photo Kano though, I guess only because the game was decent

Top Bottom