• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Well, they did say that Ui got all the good parts...
Reading spoilers. tsk tsk

And make sure to drink milk with every meal! You'll need strong bones to support those melons coming in!

Might want to pour syrup in there too.
... Mio is my "Mio"!

lawBr.gif

Not sure about that, but my "Ui" is Ui. While I like Yui, she is the superior sister in every conceivable way.
So far this is completely correct.

They have plot relevance!
Wh-what?! Do they come in during a beach episode as well?!

Might want to pour syrup on those too.
Okay, now you're being gross and beyond PG-13.

I've never been prouder!
Th-thank you, Chet! My only goal is to make you proud!

Not sure about that, but my "Ui" is Ui. While I like Yui, she is the superior sister in every conceivable way.
Ui is the better Hirasawa.
Wh-what?! Do they come in during a beach episode as well?!
No, but you see her plot at the pool!
But seriously, they do come up later in the season.
Okay, now you're being gross and beyond PG-13.
Syrup just makes everything better!
It is PG-40 now

So now I have to bring my parent to my room before I can read this thread.
I snuck in through the back door. Don't tell anyone!
Did I do it right?

I think so.

Madao

Ui is the better Hirasawa.

No, but you see her plot at the pool!
But seriously, they do come up later in the season.

Syrup just makes everything better!

I snuck in through the back door. Don't tell anyone!

I think so.

you just want to lick that syrup off mio's boobs.

so much lewdness.

So, I just got the phone call I've been waiting for. I leave tomorrow to join a ship in Belgium. Absolutely no idea how long I'm away for or anything like that. Hopefully I'll find out when I get emailed all of the travel info and the likes.
So yeah, I probably wont be posting in these parts much/at all for a while, (not that I have been posting much recently anyway!). I'll probably drop by later on to get my K-ON fix, but if I don't, stay safe you guys <3.

WBgrbhk.gif

Don't forget me!

Have fun! Be good! Will miss that adorable avatar!
image.php

Kazzy

Nonsense.

Yui is great. Don't be saying that Ui is better, because she's an utter Mary-Sue. That's never an endearing character trait.

Her role in K-ON! works due to her peripherary status. Yui is something of a savant, though delivered through the filter of her idiocy, it is much more palettable.

I don't feel the need to relate to every character, though I at least like a semblance of believability. Ui often feels like an infallible avatar, at least to me.

Nonsense.

Yui is great. Don't be saying that Ui is better, because she's an utter Mary-Sue. That's never an endearing character trait.

Her role in K-ON! works due to her peripherary status. Yui is something of a savant, though delivered through the filter of her idiocy, it is much more palettable.

I don't feel the need to relate to every character, though I at least like a semblance of believability. Ui often feels like an infallible avatar, at least to me.
Both sisters are basically Mary-Sues, so if you're gonna do it, you might as well go all the way. And the one thing that sets them apart for me, and why I like Ui more than Yui, is that while it looks like Ui puts in effort and actually has drive to be perfect, Yui on the other hand is lazy and has little drive to do any work yet still ends up being good at most things.
"No matter how much I eat, I never get fat!"
If you get what I mean.
Ooo~ I like.
Everything!

Madao

isn't there a trope about the lazy character being really good among the cast in a show?

kinda like how in other shows one of the strongest characters is the lazy one.

I love how sweet and adorable and kind Ui is, but Yui is just too damn hilarious to have Ui above her in my opinion. Love them both though.

Kazzy

isn't there a trope about the lazy character being really good among the cast in a show?

kinda like how in other shows one of the strongest characters is the lazy one.

Tropes are inherent in any work, so it's just a case of how they are propagated. Or for that matter, how we percieve them.

I just really don't derive much enjoyment from "perfect" characters acting, well, perfect. And this is only exasperated in a show like K-ON! where its central conceit essentially renders the show free of conflict.

Though as I mentioned, Ui's primary function is to operate as Yui's foil. Which is fine, but I hardly think it makes her a great character.

Thanks guys :)

That Megumi gif is hnnng. <3
I'll certainly drop by whenever I get the opportunity, cause this place is awesome!
I'm fully expecting to get back in 4-5 months, and for this place to be almost at OT3, if not already there ;)

Gonna miss y'all, and all of the crazy moe gifs and the like.
K-ONgaf is best gaf by far.
<3<3

Uraizen

Banned
So, I just got the phone call I've been waiting for. I leave tomorrow to join a ship in Belgium. Absolutely no idea how long I'm away for or anything like that. Hopefully I'll find out when I get emailed all of the travel info and the likes.
So yeah, I probably wont be posting in these parts much/at all for a while, (not that I have been posting much recently anyway!). I'll probably drop by later on to get my K-ON fix, but if I don't, stay safe you guys <3.

http://i.imgur.com/WBgrbhk.gif[IMG]

[spoiler]Don't forget me![/spoiler][/QUOTE]

You shall be missed my friend.

Hmm how does it handle save transfering from the demo, right now the demo was like 1200 mb and i'm not sure how much memory I have left on my card, dammit sony, why couldnt you make bigger (and cheaper) memory cards .

It'll detect the save from the demo when you hit new game and it'll let you continue from there. You might be able to upload the demo save on PS+ and delete the demo file?

Tropes are inherent in any work, so it's just a case of how they are propagated. Or for that matter, how we percieve them.

I just really don't derive much enjoyment from "perfect" characters acting, well, perfect. And this is only exasperated in a show like K-ON! where its central conceit essentially renders the show free of conflict.

Though as I mentioned, Ui's primary function is to operate as Yui's foil. Which is fine, but I hardly think it makes her a great character.
But how does this not also apply to Mugi?

I'll certainly drop by whenever I get the opportunity, cause this place is awesome!
I'm fully expecting to get back in 4-5 months, and for this place to be almost at OT3, if not already there ;)

<3<3
That's rather optimistic, but make sure you have fun out there!
This is a parting gift for you!
this is what happens when there's only mio pics.

sorry chet.

I know when I'm not wanted. I'll just see myself out...

MikeMyers

you just want to lick that syrup off mio's boobs.

so much lewdness.

I finished S1 of the SM manga.

I actually still think PGSM did the best adaptation of Dark Kingdom, mainly due to the villains being more fleshed out. But the manga >>> the anime.

Onto Sailor Moon R section!

The only reason I'm posting so much is that I haven't been on irc and with that habit gone , my old habit of actually posting on neogaf reappeared, now to figure out how to suppress this habit...

Madao

I finished S1 of the SM manga.

I actually still think PGSM did the best adaptation of Dark Kingdom, mainly due to the villains being more fleshed out. But the manga >>> the anime.

Onto Sailor Moon R section!

the Sailor Moon R part surprised me by how different it was compared to the anime. as usual, the manga version was much better.

i can't go on atm because i only have up to vol. 6 (i got the box set). i ordered 7-10 this week so i might have them next week and i'll be able to get to the end of the Super S section. i'll read Sailor V in the meantime.

I know when I'm not wanted. I'll just see myself out...

heh this is mostly teasing. just like how Ritsu teases Mio all the time. it is fun to do it.

<3<3

good luck on the trip.
i want to travel outside the country one day. i have never went outside and don't even have a passport.

MikeMyers

the Sailor Moon R part surprised me by how different it was compared to the anime. as usual, the manga version was much better.

i can't go on atm because i only have up to vol. 6 (i got the box set). i ordered 7-10 this week so i might have them next week and i'll be able to get to the end of the Super S section. i'll read Sailor V in the meantime.

I watched the episode where Berthier is defeated in R. The funny thing is by technically, Mamoru beat her as he used a rose to knock out her chess piece. Mamoru actually did something post-S1 in the anime!

Top Bottom