• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Eh, Persona games never have the best anime cutscenes anyway. In most cases, they look flat-out terrible!
I could probably say something here, but I won't say it.
Well most of them are cheap ads for the game so that's expected I suppose.
That and it's easier to make a 3 minute or so animation look great than say 12 full 24 minute long episodes on what is probably not much of a bigger budget.

Theonik

That and it's easier to make a 3 minute or so animation look great than say 12 full 24 minute long episodes on what is probably not much of a bigger budget.
Right, the projects usually go to the lowest bidder too and have very large time constraints as well.

Yes, because you'd be wrong. Also, I would harm you.

xDxJ1C1.gif

Right, the projects usually go to the lowest bidder too and have very large time constraints as well.

Turn it around and it also applies, as games adapted from anime also get made on a shoe string budget for the most part.

cjkeats

Trinity Soul dind't look that horrible. The characters at least looked Soejima'y. The Personas were awful, which is probably because they were designed by a mech designer.

As for game to anime, please save us Neptune.
it probably won't :(

Kazzy

Trinity Soul dind't look that horrible. The characters at least looked Soejima'y. The Personas were awful, which is probably because they were designed by a mech designer.

Trinity Soul was somewhat of an inverse, in that it was completely boring!

Soejima's style is hard to use for that express purpose, so I never really hold it against something.

Oh, my...

cajunator

Banned

It looks soooo :Cajun

Kazzy

Did he do another anime? There's stuff in his art book but that might be for another game and it's 700km away from me. I suppose I could just google.

Not that I can recall, no.

But there are those assorted pieces in his artworks. I always like the couple that were dedicated to that racing game, that I can't remember the name of.

EDIT: Argh! Thought I had got past having to resort to double post Mugi!

9YGibPA.png

cjkeats

Too bad Trinity Soul was boring as all hell.

There's this, dunno if it's the same thing or not. Probably.

But yeah, it probably won't be that good animation wise. I'll still watch.

EDIT: Also, I'm making a ton of Sawako avatars. Someone help.
Well, I'm still gonna watch it anyways, just for Nepgear.
I made a Asuka Mari yuri avatar. It's gonna be kinda awkward of the sequel theory about Mari is correct.
Not that I can recall, no.

But there are those assorted pieces in his artworks. I always like the couple that were dedicated to that racing game, which name I forget.

Yeah, there was something else, had a blonde guy in the lead. I can't find anything googling around. Meh, I'll look it up when I get my books back.

Kazzy

Mari is relavent enough for me. She's mysterious. And phsyco, like EoE Asuka.
She's one of the few dub>original voices too.

Most talented in the franchise too I belive.

She just feels so contrived to me. Anyway, I'll not be boring and repeat what I already said about her in my 2.0 impressions.

As there is a real lack of Sawako avatars, I'm not going to stop you. In fact, I encourage it!
You're such an enabler.

Well, I'm still gonna watch it anyways, just for Nepgear.
I made a Asuka Mari yuri avatar. It's gonna be kinda awkward of the sequel theory about Mari is correct.
I hope Nisa shows up. That'd make me complete, although I guess I'll be fine with just Noire... I guess... ;_;

and asuka mari as in evangelion right, i never even watched that

You can't just say that and not show.
I wasn't done!

io1Fye9b84Neo.png
i1JdsiGVoHL6V.png
iEhf5BQVe0COW.png
iZDICYzn697x3.png
iblFbgiY1JZ64U.png
iO69QwDQ5DFN2.png
iCfeWlAeiqcXM.png
ihj6Kr20RL4dT.png
ioTVZb2G1eDv1.png

The 3rd looks pretty bad(especially in the bottom left) and the 7th is my favorite. Dunno which to use...

cjkeats

K-ON! racing game, there needs to be one.
Big head cart raching game. I'd play it.
She just feels so contrived to me. Anyway, I'll not be boring and repeat what I already said about her in my 2.0 impressions.

Even if she was nothing more than am excuse to sell 3 figures instead of 2, at least she's compelling and mysterious enough to do it.
I trust Anno to do something bonkers. At least I hope.

Besides, I'm just a sucker for everything about her. A crazy, talented, twin-tailed, glasses wearing girl who sings cute little songs every time she fights? Wait...you may be on to something with that "came out of a marketing meeting" thing....

I wasn't done!

io1Fye9b84Neo.png
i1JdsiGVoHL6V.png
iEhf5BQVe0COW.png
iZDICYzn697x3.png
iblFbgiY1JZ64U.png
iO69QwDQ5DFN2.png
iCfeWlAeiqcXM.png
ihj6Kr20RL4dT.png
ioTVZb2G1eDv1.png

The 3rd looks pretty bad(especially in the bottom left) and the 7th is my favorite. Dunno which to use...
I'd like this one more if it weren't for the inner disc shape at the bottom there, but obviously there's nothing you can do about that.
Otherwise, this and this are my favorites.
See!

There wouldn't be many genuine locales. Budokan would be the final track, though.

...Just make another rhythm game!

Well, they could pull a Super Mario Kart and have multiple tracks all based on the same theme.
Though maybe you're right. Instead of taking the easy way out, why not a fighting game?
Or whatever...

Kazzy

Even if she was nothing more than am excuse to sell 3 figures instead of 2, at least she's compelling and mysterious enough to do it.

I trust Anno to do something bonkers. At least I hope.

Besides, I'm just a sucker for everything about her. A crazy, talented, twin-tailed, glasses wearing girl who sings cute little songs every time she fights? Wait...you may be on to something with that "came out of a marketing meeting" thing....

She's hardly mysterious though. It's as if they deliberate gave her traits to try and make her conspicuous, in comparison to the rest of the cast. Introducing a new character into a long-established franchise is never easy, let alone one that feels justified in their placement.

I think she fails on all-fronts. I mean, in these films, what really has she contributed? She doesn't really do anything, beyond adding the odd aside to the more hectic moments.
Which in 3.0, is absolutely maddening. It absolutely undercuts what is a serious moment. "I can't wait to see what happens." Really? REALLY!?

My love of Evangelion is through the characters, all of whom have genuine depth and conflicts. She has none of that.

I want a K-ON! fighting game by Arc System Works.

K-ON! Neverending Girl Fight

But they'd be no conflict!

Also, Mugi to be an SNK final boss. One-hit KO!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I approve of the Sawa-chan avatars.

Also, I'm positive this has been discussed at length in the past, but I really don't feel like going back through both this and the first K-ON! community threads, so...what's the consensus on the likelihood of the college years/Azusa's senior year stuff getting animated at some point?

Then this one it is! You guys may suck, but you have good Sawa-chan avatar taste.

I'd like this one more if it weren't for the inner disc shape at the bottom there, but obviously there's nothing you can do about that.
I tried to find way around that but nothing looked good. A shame, too, since it's a pretty nice image.

eS8Jo.gif

I approve of the Sawa-chan avatars.

Also, I'm positive this has been discussed at length in the past, but I really don't feel like going back through both this and the first K-ON! community threads, so...what's the consensus on the likelihood of the college years/Azusa's senior year stuff getting animated at some point?

I think I read somewhere that the director of K-ON!! said she didn't want to do anything beyond highschool, which doesn't really rule out anything new in K-ON!, but it probably doesn't mean college Yui and friends. Unless she goes back on her word or something.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think I read somewhere that the director of K-ON!! said she didn't want to do anything beyond highschool, which doesn't really rule out anything new in K-ON!, but it probably doesn't mean college Yui and friends. Unless she goes back on her word or something.

Well, there is one thing that's pretty good at making people go back on their word...

XZ23kfG.jpg

Kazzy

Low, plus it's just not that good. The story had ostensibly finished (it has one!), but it was just too popular to completely leave behind.

I'd like to see K-ON!!!, but it'd be more because of my love towards KyoAni in general. I mean, the strongest episodes were generally those that they had the biggest hand in creating.

Esura

Banned

The conflict...would be over what they'll sing next at the School Festival. Each girl got their own idea on what to sing for the School Festival and they don't know how to settle their dispute so Sawa-chan-sensei propose an idea about an unofficial fighting tournament before the festival that the other teachers and stuff don't know about. It also gives her a reason to dress up the girls in crazy outfits.

The twist is....
its all a dream. Yui fell asleep in the club room after school after eating too much.

cjkeats

She's hardly mysterious though. It's as if they deliberate gave her traits to try and make her conspicuous, in comparison to the rest of the cast. Introducing a new character into a long-established franchise is never easy, let alone one that feels justified in their placement.

I think she fails on all-fronts. I mean, in these films, what really has she contributed? She doesn't really do anything, beyond adding the odd aside to the more hectic moments.
Which in 3.0, is absolutely maddening. It absolutely undercuts what is a serious moment. "I can't wait to see what happens." Really? REALLY!?

My love of Evangelion is through the characters, all of whom have genuine depth and conflicts. She has none of that.

She always comes across as knowing too much. That's what's so Mysterious. I mean, she literally fell from the sky into the plot, and knows all kinds of things that usually only Gendo or Kanji would know. The lack of information about her is what makes her so mysterious.
I wish she had more screen time in 3.0.
On the other hand, I'm probably just really interested in her for superficial reasons.

And to be fair, 3 movies is hardly enough time to give a character depth when there's so much else going on, especially in 3.0.

Meh.

K-on is cool. I think the only crossover K-onXeva art I've seen was chets. :eek:

Kazzy

The conflict...would be over what they'll sing next at the School Festival. Each girl got their own idea on what to sing for the School Festival and they don't know how to settle their dispute so Sawa-chan-sensei propose an idea about an unofficial fighting tournament before the festival that the other teachers and stuff don't know about. It also gives her a reason to dress up the girls in crazy outfits.

The twist is....
its all a dream. Yui fell asleep in the club room after school after eating too much.
I actually like this idea!
K-on is cool. I think the only crossover K-onXeva art I've seen was chets. :eek:
h3gTDS5.jpg

AlNng8I.jpg

Nichijou S2, please.

;___;
I'm sure it's coming, right after Tamako Market S2!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
There's probably a connection between Nichijou being fanservice/pandering-free and it bombing.

Dammit. =/

Or maybe not! I'm just bitter.

Top Bottom