• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Is it the book that says 256 on the cover?

Dunno, I have two. The most recent one is this one.

945092_10151601154770126_1745768685_n.jpg

RurouniZel

OMG.

It's like they're paying me to buy this. I don't think I can resist.

Also, I love seeing grown up Rorona on the cover there with Meruru. I don't like Loli-rona nearly as much.

I agree. That was the main thing in Meruru I disliked. >>;

cajunator

Banned
45 is fine.
you dont wanna know what was spent on the figures.

plus I bought half a dozen wallscrolls even though I have no room currently XD

45 is fine.
you dont wanna know what was spent on the figures.

plus I bought half a dozen wallscrolls even though I have no room currently XD

You got to walk out with it in hand for 45 bucks, sounds good to me. Going to Otakon so many years, I always paid that dealers room 'tax' just to get cool stuff on the spot. xD

I do think I need to order this...

RurouniZel

You got to walk out with it in hand for 45 bucks, sounds good to me. Going to Otakon so many years, I always paid that dealers room 'tax' just to get cool stuff on the spot. xD

Lots of good memories of Otakon, haven't gone in a while though. >>;

cajunator

Banned
cajun livin' the dream!

Work hard, play harder!!

its so worth it! Also agree on the dealer tax.
picking up stuff right in the dealers room and going home is kind of a thrill.

cjkeats

That seems to be a very common trend with the Atelier games. lol
I see it every time the series gets mentioned, and I'm guilty of it too.

Apparently kakifly provided some illustrations to be used for a short animation on the jumbotron at some Japanese pro league baseball game:
gmGRUq1.jpg

wk8pXwj.jpg

v3u4FnX.jpg

WXhQ8Tr.jpg
Does this mean Kakifly's next manga is going to be about girls in a baseball team?

Probably not, but this is pretty cool. I guess it makes sense now that he's the creator of one of the most popular recent series that he'd get more work.
Because that's just bloody stupid!
Nuh uh!
That never happened in the show!
How do you know it didn't happen offscreen?!?
That's not how you spell SIG.
Do I need to pull out my old avatar again?
In Upotte the girls are guns but more in a metaphorical sense.
think of them like character-tans like the windows girls or xbox-tan.
Yeah, something like that, though some things that happen with their gun reflects on what happens to them as a person. Like when AUG changes to a long barrel, her hair gets longer, or when their gun starts heating up, their chest start steaming up.

Articalys

Does this mean Kakifly's next manga is going to be about girls in a baseball team?

Probably not, but this is pretty cool. I guess it makes sense now that he's the creator of one of the most popular recent series that he'd get more work.

Wouldn't that be nice. Though Crunchyroll eventually followed up with a proper translation of what's going on:
The Hiroshima Tōyō Carp has been promoting their pro baseball team with works from K-on! manga artist Kakifly as well as Tanaka Hiroshi, Toda Katsuyuki, Kawahara Masatoshi, Yasuhiko Yoshikazu, Inui Yoshihiko, Kawaguchi Kaiji, Nomura Munehiro, Sadayasu Kei, and Kochi Takahiro. After an earlier ad, in this week's game against the Chunichi Dragons, they broke out a bit of Kakifly crafted moe to cheer on the team.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...artist-cheers-on-hiroshima-carp-baseball-team

It's pretty easy to guess which panel in the "earlier ad" in the article was kakifly's. Hint:
it's the only one with girls in it.

Source.
Wouldn't that be nice. Though Crunchyroll eventually followed up with a proper translation of what's going on:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...artist-cheers-on-hiroshima-carp-baseball-team

It's pretty easy to guess which panel in the "earlier ad" in the article was kakifly's. Hint:
it's the only one with girls in it.

Are the other artists known for drawing baseball manga, or am I just trying to find something that really isn't there?

The Shrine of Seven Days is opening soon!

This appears to be a new type of event. There's even a helpful countdown until it begins! It only lasts 24 hours though but I guess it will be reopening periodically, probably to fill in gaps between the usual events.

Oh, for those of you who are in some need of cash for fusing the demons you got from the recent event, everyone else is busy fusing demons too. That means the sealstone battlefields are all raging right now. You should have a lot of spare charms since Zynga spams those as free items as much as they spam candy. You might say Zynga gives them out like candy!

Ahem.

So, the sealstone battlefields are shit hot, and you've got charms laying about. It's time to make some money. Hopefully you have at least one chapter of the story where a purple sealstone is one of the items you can randomly get. Head over there and farm until you've got a purple sealstone. Put a charm on it. Now just go away for a few hours. Depending on your DEF, you'll either trigger the charm and immediately get it stolen after, or you might last a few attacks until it's gone. Either way, some people just gave you free money!

I've been doing this sort of thing since I was level 30 or so. Actually I don't even put charms on them anymore, it's more fun to see how long your DEF lasts against sustained attacks. One time I actually lasted through 3 consecutive attacks on a Kaguya purple before the 4th guy finally broke me. Remember that each time you're attacked, your DEF spirit decreases and until it recharges you are vulnerable as you can't field your full 5 card DEF team.

1. Farm a purple sealstone. (Hare of Inaba purple will make you rich.)
2. Put a charm on it.
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

LayLa

I have tried Rorona for a bit and it didn't interest me very much. May give it a shot later.

if you have it try Totori instead, it's much better game than Rorona in every way and the story links are not that important.

They really need to release Ayesha' JP voice track as DLC. I would buy Ayesha if they did.

you can turn off the dub & play it text only while listening to the music. that's what i did and it worked out great!

Bonjour! Quick check in to see how things are going!

I'm currently in/near Dunkirk. It's nice and sunny today, so it's pretty nice.

Missing you guys! ;)

kitsuneyo

Hey everyone, I'm here to ask a dumb question that's probably been discussed a million times before, but I just thought this thread would be the best place to find out:

Can I buy the PS3 K-On game on the Japanese PSN store?

Thanks!

Hey everyone, I'm here to ask a dumb question that's probably been discussed a million times before, but I just thought this thread would be the best place to find out:

Thanks!
I think I remember seeing it a few months back, but I'm not 100% certain. I can try and check it out soon!

cjkeats

Thanks!

No. there's nothing on the JP store except the avatars and a theme. Gotta import the disk or umd.

Thanks!

Sadly, no.

The only thing K-ON! related on the PSN store is avatars and themes.
sySG5za.jpg

I'M A DIRTY LIAR

You were probably remembering the avatars and such. Which are things I'd love to have.

And with the new arcade game by Atlus probably means that Sega no longer holds the license, the PSP and PS3 game will probably never come to PSN.

Lots of good memories of Otakon, haven't gone in a while though. >>;

Amish is close to that area, we were talking about doing an Otakon sometime. We should all go one of these conventions :D

And with the new arcade game by Atlus probably means that Sega no longer holds the license, the PSP and PS3 game will probably never come to PSN.

*hugs PS3 copy of Houkago*

Yo Bats, I picked up Dragon's Dogma today. I just spent an hour making my person look like Kirino. This game is weird.

Did you get Dark Arisen, or normal Dragon's Dogma? Also, which system? I started out as a Fighter, and eventually became a mystic knight. It's also fun becoming a Mage, and making your pawn a fighter if you want to stay back and cast some pretty good spells. Climbing up Ogres and monsters and hacking at them from up top is awesome!

Let me know if you have any questions, my favorite console game last year.

Bonjour! Quick check in to see how things are going!

I'm currently in/near Dunkirk. It's nice and sunny today, so it's pretty nice.

Missing you guys! ;)

Like Cajun said, we miss you and your cute ass avatar xD Hope you're having fun.

cjkeats

I'M A DIRTY LIAR
You are the worst Reaper.
Not sure how the licensing works, but they probably could still put them up. There's probably some loophole with the arcade/console separation. Of course, that would require Sega to give a shit.
Did you get Dark Arisen, or normal Dragon's Dogma? Also, which system? I started out as a Fighter, and eventually became a mystic knight. It's also fun becoming a Mage, and making your pawn a fighter if you want to stay back and cast some pretty good spells. Climbing up Ogres and monsters and hacking at them from up top is awesome!

Let me know if you have any questions, my favorite console game last year.
Dark Arisen. Got it on 360 cause there was no PS3 left at the store. I started as the one with the bow. I made my girl Kirino. Haven;t really played much yet, but if I have questions I'll see you over in theOT!

Dark Arisen. Got it on 360 cause there was no PS3 left at the store. I started as the one with the bow. I made my girl Kirino. Haven;t really played much yet, but if I have questions I'll see you over in theOT!

Strider is a fun class! Bow and Arrow is so fun in this game. Keep at it, fight some big monsters and climb up! The music gets so epic. :)

My character in Dark Arisen is modeled after Lyn from Fire Emblem.

I didn't notice I made her ears way too big though :I

My pawn is supposed to look like Chrom/Marth lol

cajunator

Banned

*squees

Went to a convention today and yesterday.
Picked up lots of joy!

a bunch of wallscrolls including that lovely Bodacious Space Pirates one
Tenshi from Angel Beats
Saya from Blood C
Saber because saber
Menma from Ano Hana
and Xiaomei because one god tier Tony Taka catgirl figure is never enough. This is the one with the takiyaki in her mouth <3
Zelda Skyward sword shirt
the three penguin plushies from Penguin Drum
Atelier Roroa/Totori/Meruru artbook of ultimate hnng
and some artwork from local artists

Oh and theres Mr squishables Android in the corner since I mentioned him before and he wanted to be in the picture.

Top Bottom