• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Stark

Banned
Yoshika is the moe-est jiang shi.

Yoshika <3

M36r9IW.png

frequency

I want to finish watching this show but it has been a long time. I think the last time I watched was over a year ago. I wonder if I should start over from the first season or the second. Or just continue at whatever episode I left off. I think the last one I watched was the
Azusa, Ui, and Jun episode when the original members went on the school trip

I want to finish watching this show but it has been a long time. I think the last time I watched was over a year ago. I wonder if I should start over from the first season or the second. Or just continue at whatever episode I left off. I think the last one I watched was the

That's only a few episodes in, you might as well start from the beginning of season two again.

Hello, newcomers!

If you don't change your avatar, then I'll be sure to remember you!

Aloha!

You probably don't need to watch season 1 all over again if you just need a refresher to get back into watching season 2, unless you really want to. The first episode of Season 2 is a good enough place to start over again from, as it gives you enough info to get back into things.
You and I are going to get along like a house on fire, then. I'm a newcomer too, will you hold my hand? :(

You are most certainly welcome here too!

Kazzy

Ah, Hello again!

I remember you watching it during the summer, though I remember you finishing it, guess not! Anyway, I do recall you being quite of fond of Azusa, and so I'd encourage you to continue watching. K-ON!! specifically does quite a lot to give her a genuine arc, and it really does justify her existence within the group.

There is some great characterization to be found in those later episodes, and just not in the case of Azusa. If that managed to win over a non-believer like me, I'm sure you'll appreciate it too.

frequency

Ah, Hello again!

I remember you watching it during the summer, though I remember you finishing it, guess not! Anyway, I do recall you being quite of fond of Azusa, and so I'd encourage you to continue watching. K-ON!! specifically does quite a lot to give her a genuine arc, and it really does justify her existence within the group.

There is some great characterization to be found in those later episodes, and just not in the case of Azusa. If that managed to win over a non-believer like me, I'm sure you'll appreciate it too.

Hi. I remember you. I think we were watching at around the same time.

I only finished the first season. I was extremely positive and said it was one of the best things I have ever watched. I was more negative of the second season because it became more typical wacky anime stuff that often gets annoying. A big reason why I stop watching was because the episode was so good and the one after it was back to being crazy anime.

And Azusa never needed justification for me. She has just as much a place as anyone else. And she contributes just as much to the show and the group dynamic as any other member. Like in any media ever, characters are often introduced at later episodes. Not everyone is introduced at episode 1 and not all casts are static. So I feel people saying she does not need to exist are silly.

I feel it is not so much argument of justification for Azusa existence but more so that people here dislike her because she isn't a wacky anime character like much of the other members and is often the ground to tone down the crazy wacky insanity.

Comedy is best for me when you have both tsukkomi and boke. Having 75% of the group being silly all the time gets tiring really quick.

But anyway. I will try watching again and see how it goes. Maybe I will post more in here again. And now, a year later, with better English.

Kazzy

I feel it is not so much argument of justification for Azusa existence but more so that people here dislike her because she isn't a wacky anime character like much of the other members and is often the ground to tone down the crazy wacky insanity.

Neither is that always the case, and the elements I like about K-ON! are those which are firmly rooted in the minutia of everyday life. I'm a little apprehensive to term it wholly as "slice-of-life" because that can refer to many things, not all of them flattering. But judging be your comments, I get the feeling that we appreciate similar things.

K-ON!! gives a little more focus to peripheral elements (and characters), pretty much by virtue of being twice as long. Though I wouldn't say that is to its detriment. In fact, I'd probably say that it only improves on the formula..

I only finished the first season. I was extremely positive and said it was one of the best things I have ever watched. I was more negative of the second season because it became more typical wacky anime stuff that often gets annoying. A big reason why I stop watching was because the episode was so good and the one after it was back to being crazy anime.
The earlier episodes are probably a little more crazy antics, but as the show goes on, it becomes increasingly more melancholic.
And Azusa never needed justification for me. She has just as much a place as anyone else. And she contributes just as much to the show and the group dynamic as any other member. Like in any media ever, characters are often introduced at later episodes. Not everyone is introduced at episode 1 and not all casts are static. So I feel people saying she does not need to exist are silly.

I think what she means is that even those that didn't like her much in the first season will greatly appreciate her more come the end of the second season, and movie.
Comedy is best for me when you have both tsukkomi and boke. Having 75% of the group being silly all the time gets tiring really quick.
I agree, it's one of the many reasons why I like Mio so much.
But anyway. I will try watching again and see how it goes. Maybe I will post more in here again. And now, a year later, with better English.
There was nothing wrong with your English then!
aw ew gross new people

GROSS
You should look in a mirror.
Thank you! I'm not sure how often I'll end up posting here, but I'll continue watching S1 and tell you all how I'm doing with it. A warning, though. I change my avatar. Constantly. All the time.

I always enjoy reading what people think of K-ON! and if you change your avatar between every post, it would be like a new experience every time!
Tea and Cake are gross in general.

...who are you?

Top Bottom