• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

Espresso shot this morning equals

tumblr_n2h8tfYqa91r7oiino1_400.gif

Also a bit random but I had a local cop follow me to work this morning...to ask about my car. He is in the market for one so it was a nice chat, but talk about scaring the heck out of me at first. Thought I was getting a ticket at first :p

I'm still bitter about being basically the only person in my neighborhood to ever get pulled over for not coming to a complete and total stop at a stop sign. Considering everyone else here just blows through them without consequence :/.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on the Yuru Yuri LE set on NIS's store...

http://store.nisamerica.com/Anime/YURUYURI-Complete-Series-Premium-Edition-Set

Do it!

I'm still bitter about being basically the only person in my neighborhood to ever get pulled over for not coming to a complete and total stop at a stop sign. Considering everyone else here just blows through them without consequence :/.

Do it!

Ah ya I got a ticket for that a long time ago. Same thing, every goes through it I just happened to be the unlucky one.

I was waiting for my Boss to pull up, would have been funny to see his reaction to me talking to the cop lol

cajunator

Banned

Do it!

Heya!
Did you ever manage to watch Millennium Actress?

ALso I got pulled over for exactly that same thing and it cost me 600$

cajunator

Banned
Ok heres the gist of it.
I used to work at the actual truck terminal nearby instead of the office here in Lafayette.
Its a tiny little town that has one of those combination post office/courtroom/firehouse type of buildings in it and a police chief who was notorious for being an asshole.
Anyway it was July 4th and I was excited to get home and tired from working. This was during my part time position. It was like 2 PM. So I get in my car and drive to the main road. The stop sign is set back from the road so you have to stop before getting to the road and then again once youre at the road. Its completely stupid. Well I stopped at the sign, then rolled out onto the main street without stopping the second time, and a cop happened to be rounding the curve behind me. It was the police chief of course. So he drives behind me a ways as Im going home and then flashes me to pull over in to a parking lot. By this time Im tired and excited to get home, but also nervous that a cop is on my ass with lights on. He comes up to my window and tells me to present all my license/registration. This is where I fucked up. My license expired and I hadnt realized I forgot to renew it cause I was working a lot and when I presented it it was out of date. I pulled out my insurance papers and that was also expired since the last month and I didnt put the new paper in glovebox. So I was stuck with no license and registration and a pissed off cop. So he tells me to get out my truck with my hands up. I was nervous as fuck at this point. I was shakingl ike a leaf.
So he suspects Im on drugs I guess and HANDCUFFS ME and puts me in his car telling me Im not arrested but if he finds anything incriminating in my truck he will arrest me immediately. I guess it made sense since I had no license or registration updated but it was only since last month so this guy didnt have to be such a dick. So Im sitting in the police car in a rather shitty position handcuffed and this cop searches my truck. All he found in there was a bunch of drawings of catgirls, a box of boxes (Post office gives you free shipping boxes sometimes) which he asked if it was a bomb or drugs or something, and a giant stuffed duck. Yes I had a giant stuffed duck in my truck at the time.
So the cop is obviously weirded outl ike fuck and he says to me "I couldnt find anything incriminating but you are weird as hell but I cant let you drive away with expired license". So I had to get my truck towed until my license was renewed, call my roommate to pick me up, pay the stop sign ticket, pay the towing company to get my truck back, and then pay a renewal fee on my license. Total cost was about 600$. I have never had an expired license or insurance papers since. I keep that stuff right up to date to avoid this again.

The US definitely has a problem with the "big man in a small town" type cop. There are stories about it all the time, particularly in small southern towns where traffic tickets are a huge money maker for tiny out of the way areas. Sometimes you'll get cops who embezzle the money or just straight up take cash from people they pull over (particularly people from Mexico).

But even up here outside of Chicago I've seen problems. This little village that my grandmother lived in had a two-person police department and the sheriff was buying riot gear for no reason and pocketing extra money.

The US definitely has a problem with the "big man in a small town" type cop. There are stories about it all the time, particularly in small southern towns where traffic tickets are a huge money maker for tiny out of the way areas. Sometimes you'll get cops who embezzle the money or just straight up take cash from people they pull over (particularly people from Mexico).

But even up here outside of Chicago I've seen problems. This little village that my grandmother lived in had a two-person police department and the sheriff was buying riot gear for no reason and pocketing extra money.

Hm... That's not good.

http://i.minus.com/ip25qEwDeu96g.gif

575f4iif.gif

Oh, that was on my to-buy list... but they don't ship it outside the US/Canada...

Does anyone have any suggestions how I could get the set? Or am I stuck trying my luck with ebay...

Maybe somebody here in the US could help you get it?

Or use a forwarding service. I've not used any of those, so I can't tell you which ones are good or not. Sorry.

Maybe somebody here in the US could help you get it?

Or use a forwarding service. I've not used any of those, so I can't tell you which ones are good or not. Sorry.

That's a thought, I would need to weigh up how much it would cost for a kind US person here to order on my behalf, and forward on from their address - as I would be paying all costs, of course (I would never leave anyone out of pocket, there's no question of that).

If someone can help, I'd be more than happy to return the favour! :)

Azusa-cat-cup-k-on-kawaii-neko-Favim.com-63269.jpg

cajunator

Banned
btw is calamari good

it is delicious. I also like dried squid jerky.

Ive seen this done with frog legs. the sodium in the soy sauce (or salt) reacts with freshly killed animal muscles and makes the neurons fire, which makes the dead animal "move"

That's a thought, I would need to weigh up how much it would cost for a kind US person here to order on my behalf, and forward on from their address - as I would be paying all costs, of course (I would never leave anyone out of pocket, there's no question of that).

If someone can help, I'd be more than happy to return the favour! :)

Azusa-cat-cup-k-on-kawaii-neko-Favim.com-63269.jpg

I wonder could it just be sent to a us location and then mailed in the same box out of country? Is that what you mean?

Top Bottom