• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

pUgRBQR.gif

I say that mostly because the English dub is for the most part lazy, what with the songs not dubbed. I can definitely understand that stance.
But you go to the library a lot don't you? Maybe you should use that time to learn Japanese! Problem solved!

The dub does have Laura Bailey though! That alone should be enough :D.

Maybe I'll check it out whenever I do a re-watch. Don't like that they didn't dub the songs, but I guess it's understandable.

The funny thing is that one the english disc for the first season, they actually have a special feature of the english voices singing the songs in english, but I guess they didn't want to offend the weeaboos?

This is one of those 'How not to Draw' books isn't it?

The funny thing is that one the english disc for the first season, they actually have a special feature of the english voices singing the songs in english, but I guess they didn't want to offend the weeaboos?

Yeah, I watched that. I guess it might be extra licensing issues/cost more to do or something if they add it to the episodes? But then again, since they already had them in the extras... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm guessing that's the reason. It is certainly jarring when watching with the dub.

K-On is lame and panders to otaku who have a nostalgic desire to return to high school.

Since I was once almost murdered in high school and tried to take my own life several times during high school (and I thought about it again...rather recently...), I have no interest in watching it.

Fun fact: now you know why I don't want to watch K-On.

K-On is lame and panders to otaku who have a nostalgic desire to return to high school.

Since I was once almost murdered in high school and tried to take my own life several times during high school (and I thought about it again...rather recently...), I have no interest in watching it.

Fun fact: now you know why I don't want to watch K-On.

What are you doing here then?

Top Bottom