• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Lol dramabeans dropping Dream High 2 recaps because it's too shitty to watch.

Eh, Alta1r is hooked.

h31UI.gif

Alta1r

Loll, that look Fany gives Sunkyu before they start is amazing. That shit was straight up out of some mafia movie like "don't make me remind you what happens if you lose..."

Lol, this site is hilarious. Although some of these:

tumblr_lz1db2LZUn1r6n4b1o1_500.png

I get that that's a bad picture and all...but damn that looks horrible.

Yoona in San Francisco:

dl1Ae.jpg

TiG8W.jpg

Shit I know where that is! I could have been there. Ranman you make it?

Alta1r

But I'm still working on IY1 D:

After Sunkyu and Hyuna leave it starts waning. It's still decent and there are a couple good episodes when those two come back, but the rest of the episodes were pretty unspectacular compared to the hilarity they get you used to with the original G7. I'd switch to RM at that point.

My first exposure to Jaesuk was the two SNSD Running Man episodes. That look he gives Kwangsoo when Yuri chooses him instead.

Just his face in general, lol. He just looks like he'd be a lot of fun to hang out with.

Lol. Don't get into an elevator with strangers? If you don't want to be addicted to games just be a cool person who's healthy and intelligent. I like this. Reminds me of those G.I. Joe PSAs they'd do after every episode.

tumblr_lz2u4ffQRP1qipq43o3_250.png
tumblr_lz2u4ffQRP1qipq43o4_250.png

Alta1r

Salty cause they didn't pick this?

D1uYp.jpg

Haha. White T and jeans just seems so bland though..

Lol. An interview huh. This should be good. I hope one or more of them tries to say an actual sentence in French.

tumblr_lz2tj6meZ01qge30n.gif
tumblr_lz2tkpCzgR1qge30n.gif

tumblr_lz2tn1ypB91qge30n.gif
tumblr_lz2todYM911qge30n.gif

6nc5C.gif
qUOGc.gif
Dd3KA.gif

I'm vaguely fascinated by JYP, but at least in Dream High there are Jiyeon and Kahi to offset his strangeness.

Haha, I'm not gonna lie, JYP grew on me. That guy is hilarious. He still looks creepy on first glance, but he's one of my favorite characters in DH now.

Eh, Alta1r is hooked.

h31UI.gif

I am. Someone else better start subbing that shit. I don't know how long it takes for Hulu to get their hands on the season plus subs but I don't want to wait that long!

tumblr_lz2pocSNWr1qknwcmo1_250.jpg
tumblr_lz2pocSNWr1qknwcmo2_250.jpg

Alta1r

everytime you post something yoona i like her a little more.

tumblr_lz2slyXg1Y1rol6yno1_250.gif
tumblr_lz2slyXg1Y1rol6yno6_250.gif

Awwwww yeeeaaaahhh, it's only a matter of time now wing ;) .

Which also means she must have started waaaay down on your list then, lol.

tumblr_lz2u3tNPLC1qcyj59o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_lz2u3tNPLC1qcyj59o2_r1_500.gif

Hmm...now the question is: study contract formation or watch DH...?

tumblr_lz18kdxeA41qmlc53o4_250.gif
tumblr_lz18kdxeA41qmlc53o5_250.gif

how could anyone hate bangs-tiffany =\

Not bangs-Fany, more like bangs-anybody. And I wouldn't say "hate" per se. More, after seeing the sexiness that is non-bangs Fany, it's like, "why are you wasting so many precious years of your prime with those god-awful bangs?!?" lol

tumblr_lz2pzlz0KE1qkgcdfo2_500.png

tumblr_lz2msvPtwM1rp38bso1_500.jpg

Awwwww yeeeaaaahhh, it's only a matter of time now wing ;) .

Which also means she must have started waaaay down on your list then, lol.

Hmm...now the question is: study contract formation or watch DH...?

nah she was always floating around 3rd with jessica and seohyun.

watch DH.. im watching black adder instead of doing grad apps

Not bangs-Fany, more like bangs-anybody. And I wouldn't say "hate" per se. More, after seeing the sexiness that is non-bangs Fany, it's like, "why are you wasting so many precious years of your prime with those god-awful bangs?!?" lol

yeah bangs-fany is not the best but still so good, i think bangs are cute lol

probably best fany ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWev_NxaJ4
erensnsd2r.jpg

Tangeroo

I am. Someone else better start subbing that shit. I don't know how long it takes for Hulu to get their hands on the season plus subs but I don't want to wait that long!

Thankfully, Haru Haru subs (the group that subbed the first season) is also currently working on season 2. I don't know if the second season is significantly worse but I'm loving the first season. It's weird seeing Suzy and Eunjung as total cut-throats. I was always in the Go Hye Mi (Suzy) camp because it was clear that there was something beneath the icy exterior.

I'm also digging the fan-service like when Yoon Baek Hee (Eunjung) heats up her rivalry with Hye Mi by dancing to a Miss A song.

SVvvW.jpg

Peru

Ailee 'Heaven' MV http://youtu.be/L9ro1KjkJMg

Clearly a power rookie. Not an amazingly creative song but it's the kind of belter that's going to impress people and she'll probably do well with it and her career.

Solo artists takin ova.

For better ballads and rnb, though, check out SPICA's EP.

Alta1r

nah she was always floating around 3rd with jessica and seohyun.

watch DH.. im watching black adder instead of doing grad apps

Loll, niice. Aaand, sold, DH it is. What kind of grad school you doing btw?

2740293565_340a22c91d.jpg

yeah bangs-fany is not the best but still so good, i think bangs are cute lol

probably best fany ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWev_NxaJ4
erensnsd2r.jpg

Damn, I was gonna say, I like this one the best: side bangs Fany but the bangs on the other side than you normally see her with, her left my right. One of the panes in this gif:

tumblr_lz1ku3Ml9O1ro3dxco1_250.gif

But then I realized it was just her looking in mirror. lol. Whooooops, but yeah, I agree, I think side bangs, especially wavy, is probably her best look.

tumblr_lywzpiRzAt1r7rjyjo1_500.jpg

Chesskid1

Banned
alrite, i'm gonna watch dream high. never watched a kdrama before, but those girls look too damn cute in that screenshot a few posts above to not at least try it.

Alta1r

Thankfully, Haru Haru subs (the group that subbed the first season) is also currently working on season 2. I don't know if the second season is significantly worse but I'm loving the first season. It's weird seeing Suzy and Eunjung as total cut-throats. I was always in the Go Hye Mi (Suzy) camp because it was clear that there was something beneath the icy exterior.

I'm also digging the fan-service like when Yoon Baek Hee (Eunjung) heats up her rivalry with Hye Mi by dancing to a Miss A song.

SVvvW.jpg

Ahhh, nice!

And yeah, it's odd seeing them so cut-throat.
Eunjung putting a tack in that girl's shoe was especially over the line IMO.
I'm the opposite of you though. I've disliked Suzy from the beginning. Every time I see her do her icy shit I want someone to slap her and be like "bitch just say what's on your mind," lol.
And the shit she pulled with Eunjung during the auditions was unforgivable. Whatever her situation is, there's better ways to do it. I was annoyed when Eunjung tried to forgive her so easily when she found out about Suzy's parents and happy that it didn't work out.
But yeah, the easter eggs and fanservice is awesome.

Which episode are you on now?

alrite, i'm gonna watch dream high. never watched a kdrama before, but those girls look too damn cute in that screenshot a few posts above to not at least try it.

Nice. Doooooo it! It's hilarious.

tumblr_lz2t1yoqwk1r3cjp1o3_250.jpg
tumblr_lz2t1yoqwk1r3cjp1o5_250.jpg
tumblr_lz2t1yoqwk1r3cjp1o1_250.jpg

Fany channeling some halmunee Hyosung there.

Riverfield

Neo Member
For better ballads and rnb, though, check out SPICA's EP.
oo it's out? kur kur kur.

Part of the Chocolat MV's choreo makes it look like their legs have fallen asleep from sitting in the chair so long.

Also the STELLAR song keeps making me think of some oldish popular English song. Particularly the opening bit. Can't think of the song, but is anybody else hearing this? It's possible I'm just crazy.

Peru

Yeah that choreo is odd. Their best song, though.

Hey... man, did anyone else known Jang Jae In had these legs? http://youtu.be/LYFJ2v9aaY0 VANS knew what they were doing.

* That's a male gaze type of comment but I've made several comments about her craft, her fortitude in writing her own music and being successful as an indie pop artist before, so I feel excused.

20120121_jang_jaein_vans_2.jpg

20120121_jang_jaein_vans_3.jpg

Tangeroo

I also forgot to mention how ridiculous it is to cast IU as the "ugly" student. At least they gave up on her fat mask make-up by the 5th episode.

From this:
wVR2C.gif

To this:
pxl4R.jpg

Peru

Hah, I'm just kidding. I like Propagandhi, they fight for their beliefs, but if I actually followed their battle cries I'd be a vegan eco farmer who refused to support any capitalist venture. Good tunes though and I was receptive to that kind of stuff as a 14 year old left-winger.

I also forgot to mention how ridiculous it is to cast IU as the "ugly" student. At least they gave up on her fat mask make-up by the 5th episode.

They 'gave up' on that because she worked out to become slim (to get a boyfriend). Can't say it had all its morals in the right place.

Tangeroo

They 'gave up' because she worked out to become slim (to get a boyfriend). Can't say it had all its morals in the right place.

Yeah, but not that early in the series. She was still doubling down on gallons if ice cream tubs and she kept the fat suit.

Alta1r

Yeah that choreo is odd. Their best song, though.

Hey... man, did anyone else known Jang Jae In had these legs? http://youtu.be/LYFJ2v9aaY0 VANS knew what they were doing.

* That's a male gaze type of comment but I've made several comments about her craft, her fortitude in writing her own music and being successful as an indie pop artist before, so I feel excused.

6aOu7.jpg

tf...?

Yeah, but not that early in the series. She was still doubling down on gallons if ice cream tubs and she kept the fat suit.

Goddamn fat suit. Can't wait till she loses it. Getting rid of the face was a huge improvement though.

Lol @ Hye Mi doing the "expressive" acting.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hah, I'm just kidding. I like Propagandhi, they fight for their beliefs, but if I actually followed their battle cries I'd be a vegan eco farmer who refused to support any capitalist venture. Good tunes though and I was receptive to that kind of stuff as a 14 year old left-winger.
I'm just firm believer in the moderating practicality of wisdom. Stuff like that song, in my view, is like saying if you keep moving to the left you could pass through the forest to your left and eventually fall off the cliff that is 2 miles out. Other people have done it, thus you need to always stay on the right side of the road or you are just like all the other left-drifters. Particularly with entertainment I have dropped some rants on the misapplication of relational principles to all expression and reception in life.

Peru

I'm just firm believer in the moderating practicality of wisdom. Stuff like that song, in my view, is like saying if you keep moving to the left you could pass through the forest to your left and eventually fall off the cliff that is 2 miles out. Other people have done it, thus you need to always stay on the right side of the road or you are just like all the other left-drifters. Particularly with entertainment I have dropped some rants on the misapplication of relational principles to all expression and reception in life.

I agree with everything in that post, of course. Some of the points I've made myself many times arguing with thick pop culture haters. I don't think that's exactly what even hard liner dudes like propagandhi are criticising either. Well they may be*, but pointing out systems in society that degrade certain groups in subtle and less subtle ways is clearly valuable and in my opinion completely removed from the appreciation of various types of art and culture, even if it's linked to the same industry. It's about the systems and not individual people's works and other individual people's appreciation of this. I do follow Korean sociological issues along with learning the language, so sure, there are feelings of ambivalence about certain things, but contrary to many others I feel k- pop is a force for good in the society.

(*the song was posted as a joke... and this group also declares "dairy is rape", so again, I don't take all their grandstanding to heart... but WHY DONT WE PLANT A MECHANIC VIRUS AND ERASE THE MEMORYy, OF MACHINES THAT MAINTAIN THIS CAPITALIST DYYYNASTY )

do older businessmen in korea actually laugh like they do in salarymen? i think it's hilarious.

Hah, their faked or condescending laughter is amazing. I love it. Don't know what episode you're on but there's a CLASSIC example of it in a later episode where two enemies in the company share an interview and have to pretend to be friends.

20120208_celebrities1.jpg

Guess the Chinese, Japanese and Korean composite images.

wwlnd

Banned
Hah, their faked or condescending laughter is amazing. I love it. Don't know what episode you're on but there's a CLASSIC example of it in a later episode where two enemies in the company share an interview and have to pretend to be friends.
Yeah, I'm in the middle of that episode, that interview was great.
Guess the Chinese, Japanese and Korean composite images.
wow the left female is so much better looking than the others imo. i guess it's the korean one?
edit: although you'd expect the korean face to be a bit wider than the rest

Alta1r

I'd say in order from left to right

Korean, Japanese, Chinese for the girls.
Chinese, Korean, Japanese for the guys.

tumblr_lz36fsgL9P1r00wmno1_250.gif
tumblr_lz36fsgL9P1r00wmno2_250.gif
tumblr_lz36fsgL9P1r00wmno3_250.gif

Alta1r

Dice had it right - it's the same order for the men

The Korean girl and Japanese guy are pretty unmistakable. The other four, I was shooting in the dark. I showed my Korean friend that picture and she got it in less than 15 seconds, lol.

tumblr_lz3bsu9vL61ql8p5go1_r1_500.jpg

Dice

Canada Goose jacket. She'll never want sponsorship from anything else when winter kicks in.

Dice

TNF has been crazy ridiculously popular in the US for years. Canada Goose is basically standard in Canada and, from what I hear, popular in Japan. I guess Korea is rollin with the US style. I have a CG coat because it was best performing, had a particular functionality I needed at the time, and was in my reach. If I was going for quality with max style and "expensive-as-fuck status" I'd probably pick 66°NORTH. I think most TNF stuff is ugly.

This thread needs more Soyeon.
Everyone was seeing Hwayoung's nipple. I was seeing Soyeon.

I like this move.

soyeonn4rea.gif

Only reason to keep watching T-ara.

whitelight

Neo Member
I have been lurking here for some time (since the beginning of the old thread) but only bothered to get an account now, which seems to be a trend here now. 2ne1 are my favorite group with SNSD and T-ara close behind. I like pretty much every other group sans the Wondergirls, I don't like them at all.

I think 2ne1 deserves some love in this thread, they're awesome.

Also, Seohyun is my favorite member of SNSD, she reminds me of the girl I like.

Dice

SPICA is badass but Korean composers need to learn the difference between an R&B group and a choir. Still, it seems like they might end up stealing the position of best Korean female R&B group from Wonder Girls. Yenny and Sunye can only carry things so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom